Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews

$2,200

Used LS for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my car but it is breaking me!

csmorgan, 10/04/2010
Premium 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Where oh where do I begin? I bought this car in 2008 with 70k miles on it from the Ford dealership. I have replaced 4 coils, 4 plugs, 1 valve cover gasket seal, one headlight assembly due to a bad seal, clock spring due to airbag light (that worked for about a year now the airbag light is back on), front brake pads, and now the power steering pump is leaking fluid somewhere.

2002 Lincoln LS V8 (2nd review)

vkmaxima, 10/31/2013
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second review of my LS. I've owned it a little over a year now, and I still like it. The fuel economy is not the best, but then again it is a V8. I average anywhere from 13-15 mpg city, and 17-22 mpg highway on 91 octane fuel. In this past year I've change all four tires, rear brakes and rotors, alternator, air filter, cabin filter, and a few bulbs. Now I have to fix both front upper control arms,spark and coil plugs,and clock-spring. I purchased this car with 167k miles, so obviously repairs were expected, but I now have 183k. That's 16k miles in one year, I like to drive a lot. I use Pennzoil Synthetic Blend 5W-30 instead of 5W-20, it runs much smoother. Overall a good car.

Great Car

likeusluxury, 07/29/2012
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2nd LS. I had a 2004 LS. I bought a 2002 LS for my daughter. Bought both used. Highly recommend. My daughter loves her car. Fun to drive. Highly reliable. Safe. Between the 2 cars have over 100,000 miles with only one issue at all. If you can get one, get it. You will not be sorry.

I love it, but it's cursed

Kristy, 07/09/2010
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Keep in mind, I have bought it with 178,000 miles on it at a very good price. Nothing but problems so far. I have barely been able to drive it. The transmission was bad. Replaced rack and pinions, all front control arms, hydraulic fan, hydraulic pump, power steering pump, and driver's side window regulator. I'm hoping after the control arms are replaced I will be able to finally drive it. Plus, my air bag light is on. Also, my check engine light is on due to a leak in a HVac hose somewhere. All I say is keep up with the maintenance on this car.

First Lincoln!

vkmaxima, 12/21/2012
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Couldn't afford my 2005 Nissan Maxima anymore (stay away from that car). I needed something inexpensive, and so I found this 2002 Lincoln LS V8 with 167k on it for $4500. The ride is very smooth and comfortable. It has plenty of get up and go. I've never driven a V8 before, and boy do I love it!!! Even though it's 10 years old, plenty of people compliment how good it looks. A few things don't work like my heater, rear defroster, and horn(clock-spring). I think an engine mount is broken,because there's a slight bump into reverse. Other than that she runs/shifts smoothly. It does require premium fuel,and I get about 14-18 city, and 23-27 hwy. It's a pretty rare car,which makes me like it more.

So many lemons, finally.. a peach! @<3myLSE

Terran 'papabur' Schatz, 07/31/2016
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The sports package edition(aka the LSE) are V8's...just so everyone knows..if you see a spoiler and a sunroof, its most likely the V8 sports edition (LSe) I personally have owned a 2002 Lincoln LSE(yep, sports package, with rims-sun roof-etc) since 2011 and it has by far been one of the most enjoyable vehicles I've owned. When i went to test drive this car, I was ready to give up for the day as I had already looked/test drove 15+ other cars throughout the day. She was hidden, in the back of the car lot..like a black stallion calmly awaiting its master..it called to me. Per the usual, I asked to test drive her and was handed the keys. Once I hit the key fob, the interior lights came on as I was approaching the driver side door and I could see the interior through the light tinted windows...leather..wood grain.."Yep, its a Lincoln." I said to myself and popped the door open to climb in. First off, the heated leather bucket seats are by far the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure of owning....after a minute or two of taking it all in..enjoying the smell of the leather..all the fun buttons n gadgets..something magical happened..I put the key in and all of the sudden my seat is moving@! and the steering wheel moves out(tords you) and down, perfectly in front of me!!! At this point, I come back down to earth, and growing up with a mechanic, I instantly start disecting... 93k miles showed on the meter..everything worked(electronically), Oil preasure was good..Temp was holding steady, idle sounded like a cute lil kitten, purring its way through a Milo and Ottis dream..too good to be true...too goo to be true is all I kept telling myself. I barely even got the car off the lot when I knew...I had to have it...considering the money came from my grandfather passing away, I felt like this was the car he would have wanted me to get. So, I paid $6500 cash and drove it off the lot right then n there and haven't looked back since. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review, I bought the vehicle in 2011 with roughly 95k miles and other then common maintance, have not had any major issues with this vehicle..well other then that stupid AdvancTrac bullshit that likes to beep for like 5 minutes everytime I start the car...other then that, the car has been a tank for me and I constantly drive back and forth to/from Portland OR. to Spokane WA. and again, the comfort of this vehicle on the highway is par to none...rides very smoothly with its equal 50/50 front/back weight ratio (...hince why the battery is in the trunk!) and loves to hug corners! I highly recommend this car to anyone, young or old, who is just looking for a comfortable, nice looking ride that can pass everything but a gas station! Strong Ford motors...and as far as people complaining about electrical stuff going out...thats because they either mistreated the car in bad weather, etc. OR they are just lazy and rather come complain on a forum then actually look into addressing the issues (such as windows coming off track..) Most of the electrical work can be done fairly easy...anyways, hope you traded for the LS!! :D

Great road car, highly reliable

Joe Glotz, 07/31/2009
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Base V6, purchased new, June 2002. Trouble free since. It's a great long- distance road car, ok as daily driver. Great handling, great suspension, great brakes. Ok engine. Transmission has to think a lot; upshifts are ok, but it positively cringes at even the hint of a downshift. Over-the-road mileage is 22-23, commuting is about 19. Supposed to use 91 Octane gas.

NOT A GOOD CHOICE.. and its sad

Brit, 02/02/2016
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have been crushing on this particular car since the early 2000's when I was in junior high. Finally I got old enough, but not smart enough to go out and pick out my own car.. I have had it for a year now.. and Ive had many problems with it. The inside is falling apart.... (air vents...driver heated seat..door control panel...) the 2 driver side windows have quit working and they're both off track.. The heater doesnt blow very warm, esp on the driver side and the a/c quits after getting up to about 35-40 mph and it doesnt work at all on the passenger side. The radio...well the speakers are magnificent! The cd player hasnt worked since I bought it. Lets see.. The battery is huge and its located in the trunk... had to have new breaks over the summer- which those are normal replacement parts on any vehicle. Had to have the water pump replaced. I have recently had to replace the power steering pump and let me tell you, it was a job and a half getting that done, the location on the darned thing was horrible.. I've been having trouble with the jewel shifting out of 1st gear properly... The car started missin' after I got it... and the gas miliage has since then been horrible.. i am lucky to get 10 mpg. Oh yeah ..there's something going on with the advance trac mode/deal.. that and the break light sometimes stay on after starting the car..I just shut off and turn it back on til they are not there. There isnt really anything too normal about this car, but I guess thats a "Lincoln Lesson" for ya. Anyhow the body on the car is super cute in my opinion, and like I said the radio sounds great but only makes for an expensive looking radio... and if youre looking for a car, remember any of these that are actually left on the road today.. will only wind up being left on the road.. :-( Ive still got mine simply because right now its my only option.. too bad I dont have one in my yard I could use for parts... But then again, there wouldn't be...because they're all junk.. lemons, i tell ya... and it certainly is a heartbreaker... she aint worth a dang, but boy she's pretty. Now i gotta go, time for me to take it and have the oil changed and a tire rod end replaced.

I hate my Lincoln

I hate my car!!, 01/24/2010
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my car 3 years ago and it has been nothing but a problem. I will never, ever buy another Ford/Lincoln again. Everything is very costly. My car needs repairs that cost well over 2000 dollars and the stupid car is only worth 1800! I do not recommend anyone purchasing this car.

I love my car!

cyn, 08/30/2008
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 08, with 42000 original miles on it in immaculate condition. We went from a Chevy Blazer to the Lincoln LS. What a difference! We got the deal of the century, and couldn't be happier!

Best car I ever owned!

Steve Bullock, 02/01/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2002 new, well it has a few hundred dealer miles on it, so I got a great price. I have driven it almost every day since then. For the year, it came with everything you could get on it but a built in phone which my company provided anyway. 64 round trip miles Monday thru Friday to the office. Customer visits, short trips, everywhere but the left coast. I had the PCM tweeked a little by a nearby racing shop and get 30+ on the highway wth 27 more Dyno tested horses. It will scoot! I’m retired now and don’t drive it as much but when cleaned up it looks new inside and out. My friends and neighbors are astounded by the way it still looks at 18. The paint glistens, I had the parking lot dings removed by an expert, you could park it on a showroom floor. I only had one real problem with it and the 100K maintenance took care of that, putting in a new trans, as I had been towing a trailer that was too heavy, not the vehicles fault. Ford did good on this one. A Keeper! I could not get your website to cooperate, so the “select a year” does not work. Clearly the number is 2002. Almost forgot, but synthetic oil is a winner! Useitevery time you change your oil.

I still love my Lincoln

mlabeau, 04/19/2010
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my LS just over two years ago with just under 25k miles. Now it has over 75k miles and it still drives like new. I did replace the brake pads with carbon/ceramic pads about 30K ago and replaced the tires. Other than oil changes, that's it. This is an amazing car. I can't tell you how much love this car.

LS is great American car

likeusluxury, 07/07/2011
Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a 2004 Lincoln LS and now a 2002 Lincoln LS. Bought both used, and hav out over 65,000 miles on the two. Great cars. Had 2 mchanical incidents in that time. Nothing major. Blast to drive. Safe. Would highly recommend.

I love my Lincoln LS

WJS, 09/09/2008
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2004 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It is sporty and is so pretty when it is all cleaned up. The V-8 makes for wonderful performance. I've looked on the internet and find that some new 6 cylinders don't get the mpg that I do with this one. (19 in the city and 26 on the highway)

I LOVE IT BUT I WILL HAVE TO MOVE ON

KELLYMC, 04/27/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I must say that I love love love my car. It is stunning to look at and comming from a background of sports cars it is a super fun car to drive. Heads turn when people see this car comming down the road. There is a huge "but" in the midst of all of the things I love about this car! I have had to replace the window motor on the drivers side twice and the passenger side once. I have had gaskets replaced, coils 1,3,5 & 8 replaced and still have 4 more to go but can only get them replaced as they go out. The sun roof leaks but the crazy twist is that it fills up the pocket on the passenger door! I truly hate to get rid of the car but the repair costs are killing me!!!!!

My LS

Lincoln JC, 04/27/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS V8 three years ago and loved it in the begining. Start by saying I will never by a lincoln LS again. With a small block V8 didnt think the milage would be this horrible. The K&N filter did help out with more horse power and gas milage. Had to return the car the first week I had it cause of faulty power packs whatever replaced the spark plugs. That cost the dealer over 500 dollars. Transmission is HORRIBLE! after the warrenty company replaced it with brand new trans. Im still having problems. Cost me over 700 to replace alternator. 1200 in tires and window brackets 280 for only one door I have yet to replace the second rear window. would not recommend the Lincoln LS people.

Good Car - Great Value

GUT, 07/19/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

As my 2nd LS, the 2002 has been a workhorse. I have had it for seven years, now, and never had many problems with it. The electrical system has had its problems, over the years, but it has always been underr warranty and never been a severe problem. For those who bought a 5- series BMW, you could have saved your money and had a better vehicle. I would buy it again, if Ford hadn't stopped making them! In case you are wondering why the American auto manufacturers can't survive - look no further than this decision!

Good looking, comfortable cruiser

bigpoppa, 12/03/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 02' V8 in May of 09'. Only 58k on the odometer at the time, and the previous owners seemed to take good mechanical care of it. It is a great looking car! Shine it up and take it for a cruise on a sunny afternoon and it still turns a few heads. Clean lines and a classic "Euro" look means it has aged very well, compared to something like the CTS. I find the ergonomics/levels of comfort perfect for my 6'2" figure, but as others have said, the interior materials need more refinement. The ride is smooth on most surfaces, but gets uncomfortable over rough pavement. Performance is good, can't go wrong with the ol' V8/RWD setup. Fast depreciation makes for a good used value.

So Far, So Good!

KHoffman, 03/01/2010
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Lincoln LS for one year now and have had no problems whatsoever. The 252 HP V8 delivers very good acceleration and passing other cars is a breeze. Fuel economy is the car's one weak spot. The transmission is smooth shifting (nearly as smooth as my old Buick Regal) and throttle input is good. I bought the LSE trim which has a firmer suspension than the standard LS, so road imperfections are more noticable, but the ride is by no means harsh. The trunk is large enough, but fairly shallow. Even though the design is conservative, it still gets attention from onlookers because there are so few on the road. The LS is everything a luxury car should be.

Love My Early Build 10/99 LS!

ls1bmw0, 02/28/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2000 LS in October 1999. It was an early build model built in July 1999. I have 68,000 miles on it and it has been the most trouble-free car I have owned. Power is adequate, roominess is larger than a BMW 5-series, and the handling is phenomenal! For a car this size it handles like a much smaller German sports sedan. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury sports sedan.

The Mafia Mobile

Thad Stovall, 01/23/2003
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a wonderful driving experience. It turns heads everywhere I go, even when I'm in a drive through to get a burger. I call it the mafia mobile, for I had the LSE's windows tinted, and it has the mysterious, yet seductive look about it. The power is satisfactory. The exterior design is one of the most beautiful cars on the road. The interior is nice, too, but the glove compartment and inside storage leave much to be desired in size. I have driven a Jaguar S Type. Even though that is a prestigious, nice automobile, I cannot see how it is 10 K better.

Everything I thiught it would be

RA Jensen, 01/31/2003
LSE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I've ever owned. After 5000 miles, not a single problem or defect of any kind.

Bound to be a Classic

rwd, 08/03/2006
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When it comes to collectability, a vehicle's: styling, quality, performance, and enjoyability are paramount. Lincoln's LS, which had a relatively short production life, certainly is stylish inside and out, and is extremely reliable. Reliability alone can make owning a car enjoyable, but one's appreciation for the LS is found in its sporty ride and excellent handling.

Lincoln LS 2002 Premium

Lincoln LS Fan, 03/17/2006
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2002 Lincoln LS, Premium, has been very reliable, comfortable, and enjoyaalbe. The most impressive aspect of the LS is its superior handling characteristics, especially in cornering and emergency avoidance maneuvers. The LS's Advance Trac system combined with winter tires enables the vehicle to climb all of Pittsburgh's snowy hills without trouble. The performance from the V6 is more than adequate, and the transmission shifts smoothly and flawlessly, even in our hilly terrain. After owning very acceptable vehicles such as Avalons and Camrys, I strongly believe the Lincoln LS is the most reliable and enjoyable vehicle I have owned.

Black Beauty

Mike Stelmasky, 03/04/2017
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a very safe automobile!! Our 2000 LS got hit by a 65 F150 EXTENDED Cab, at a Police estimated 55mph, while we were standing still. The trunk took the brunt of the energy and the top did ripple a little, but we walked away without a scratch. Because of the performance of the 2000 we went out and bought a 2002. There are 97,000 miles on it now and we had the coils replaced once and the connection from the seatbelt to the airbags under the driver side seat repaired, to stop the warning light from blinking by someone other then the Ford-Lincoln dealer, they ripped us off once on an overheating problem, they misdiagnosed it the first time as a thermostat (and replaced and charged us for replacing it) when it was the hydraulic solenoid for the fan (which they knew nothing about and charged us for diagnostic time, and said "You know that this is a Jaguar?") and overcharged us by double, we will never go back there again. The car looks like it just came out of the showroom and gets a lot of attention. It handles like a roller-skate, rides like a dream and accelerates way better then you would expect!! We LOVE the Car!!! Our LS just past 103,500 mi. and still drives beautifully! We're at 109,100 mi. still drives beautifully and we're averaging 18.8 to 24 MPG!

I love my LS!

I LOVE MY LS!, 03/16/2010
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my LS about 5 years ago and have had absolutely NO problems at all and I love it..Handles well, excellent gas mileage (24-27 MPG) and is very comfortable and fun to drive. Would recommend it! Have had several FORD/LINCOLN products and they have all been excellent cars/trucks! No Problems!

2001 LS v8 Sport

seagull, 02/18/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Have owned my LS 9 months and have driven it from coast to coast and back and from the mid Atlantic coast to Florida. This is the best handling most responsive vehicle I have owned, and there have been a lot from Cadillacs down.

Makes Driving Fun Again

ver2us, 06/21/2003
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Lincoln product I have ever purchased. (won't be the last) It is so much fun to drive, I find myself looking for excuses to do so. The car is absolutely beautiful, I have had lots of admiring looks. Nice, quiet interior, comfy seats. I feel very safe in this car. Oh, and did I mention it is fun to drive?

A hidden jaguar

roman_capps, 06/11/2013
Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A great friend of mine has a 2002 Lincoln LS but the engine is the 4.0 jag engine which isn't compatible with the transmission which holds up surprisingly. The person before us was a complete idiot of putting a jag engine in it. But it is B-E-A utiful it rides like a calm sea current they interior is greatly put together some cracks in the seats and window controls blemishes it. I have never , never have found such beauty in a car much rather something built by ford. I automatically feel in love with it when I drove even though it was stuck in over drive 1. lovely just lovely, but always get a car fax report when making a used car purchase you may never know what you find !

What a dissapointment!

John, 07/10/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I was so happy when i purchased my LS because i always admired the car since Lincoln introduced the car in 2000, but that would be short lived. The LS has major issues! After a month of ownership, i had to pay $450 to replace the multi-function switch because my signal lights were acting up. Second, i had a engine misfire (which is a common problem on this vehicle) had to replace 3rd coil, all spark plugs and both value covers which cost $1100. Last, my airbag light came on and it cost another $1000 to repair. I took the car to the Ford dealership for service and repair. After 1 year ownership of the vehicle, i had to pay $2500 in non- maintance repair. Stay Away from Ford/Lincoln and the LS.

I love my LS V8 Sport

tom12253, 02/28/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

You can't get a more luxurious high performance car for anywhere near the price. I love to drive this car!

I hate my car. Ready to trade in

I HATE MY LS, 02/17/2009
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 02 LS V8 three years ago and have had nothing but problems and costly repairs. It is a nice car to look at but is not worth the hassle.. Every part including tires are pricey. I will never by a Ford/Lincoln again. Gas mileage is bad. If thinking about buying one, do not!

Get This Car!!

MikeAVega, 05/22/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

An incredible automobile that feels like it belongs on the most challenging raceway, yet offers the convenience and luxury you’d expect in a Lincoln.

Best Car I ever drove

hmm, 03/01/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2001 LS (V8 Sport) for 7 months. A great handling / performance car. Compares well with BMW 5 series for a lot less money. The early bugs seemed to have been worked out. If you are considering a Lexus GS, BMW 5, Audi A6, Acura or Mercedes E, drive this car before buying. Then use the savings to buy your wife a new car so she will not take away your LS

Great car

Paul , 01/15/2007
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

this is the best car i have ever had. its fast hot and all the girls love it.

Love it!

gd9704, 06/27/2003
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I leased my ivory parchment '02 LS in January of 2002. 24,000 miles later, I am still in love. This car is comfortable, quick, nimble and nice to look at. Pricey? Well, yes. But I believe that the LS is a better value than a comparable Lexus or BMW. Plus, I like the fact that it's American Made and has had no problems since new!

A real value in a sports sedan

aegw04t, 03/25/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great combination of sport and comfort. Much more room inside than a BMW 530 with similar performance at $15000 less money.

Wonderful Vehicle

LS Owner, 04/05/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

An overall wonderful car. And Lincoln treats their customers beautifully.

Ego Driven

Sparkyhsd, 04/07/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

@ 17500 mi in 8mos, I have to say I am quite impressed. Yes, the bugs had to be worked out of it due to poor vendors picked by Ford, but the car is a sleeper, 135mph on I-75 felt like just 75mph. Extremely comfortable. Transmission shifting needs to be corrected,, to much delay, & Wind noises in the windows cant be fixed. BEST HANDLING CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN FOR THE WEIGHT..WOW!!

Great Car

marv, 04/15/2002

LS is one of the best cars I have had in 25 years

Great Car - Horrible paint job

LincolnTom, 04/16/2002
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, horrible paint. I think the dealer ruined the clearcoat when they detailed the car at delivery. Car looked great until I washed it. It was full of swirl marks. Went back 3 times to be rewaxed. I finally did it myself w/Malms.

Happy LSing

kchingon, 04/17/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Been driving it for only 4 days and the more I drive the more I fall in love with it.

Excellent Ride!

JNE, 08/09/2008
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used 2 yrs. ago with 34000 miles on it, it now has 62000 miles on it and I have never had a single problem with it. I have a V8 that is so fast and smooth whenever I need it to be, I love it. I wish they were still making them so I could get a newer version.

One Nagging Problem

JOHN, 08/21/2008
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car to drive, and reasonably trouble free except for the coil on plug ignition packs and valve cover gaskets. Ford will only replace the coil as they go bad and I've replaced 6 or the 8 under the extended warranty at $100 a pop. Ford refuses to fix the leaking gaskets unless the owner specifically complains and even then they will only fix the side where the coil goes bad even if both sides leak. '03 and '04 models have a CSP from Ford extending warranty to 10yr./100000 mi. Owners of the '01 and '02 LS's need to start complaining to Ford. I hear that the V-6 also has this problem.

The car is not bad

Kyie, 08/25/2008
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful inside and out. Always receives compliments. Here are my gripes: just like eveone else is saying, the lenses get foggy. The transmission works, but it shifts like something is wrong with it. This car is not made to be serviced by the owner. No way to check the tranny fluid or replenish the a/c without bringing it to the dealership. Its hard to find a service manual as well. Last but not least, the radio contols on the steering wheel sometimes malfunction. I would never pay top dollar for the car, but if the price is right, good deal.

Love at First Site

Buffalo Springer, 05/02/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Only had it a week, but the car struck me the first time I laid eyes on it. Smooth understated power, there when you need it. Very quiet cabin.

After two years - Still Great

sawmill, 05/11/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the LS non-sport V8 in February, 2000. Although the dealer experience was the worst anyone could possibly imagine, the Exec's at Lincoln fixed the problems. The car had it's own set of early-build quality problems - which also were all couteously repaired by a different dealer. But now, for about a year and a half, the car gets better and better as the tranny and engine wear-in. The car is still silent as a tomb inside, gas mileage improves with age, and the Firestone Firehawk tires hold up and hold on to the road beautifully. Paint still looks showroom- new, and the car's styling standout in Beverly Hills as well as the desert highways.

The New Ultimate Driving Machine

Mr. Lincoln, 05/12/2002
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth and favorite Lincoln! I had a 95 Mark VIII, 98 Mark VIII LSC, 01 LS V6, and now a LSE V8. It is by far the best car I have ever owned!

Sports Coupe in a Sedans Body

RazorUte, 01/04/2008
4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this vehicle and really have enjoyed it. I swore that I would never buy a Ford. Well....this is the best Ford I have ever sat in. It is fun and has plenty of stock power. Handling is great. The radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel don't always function properly. A few other issues but overall this a great car.

Happy Lincoln Owner

DinoDon, 06/04/2002
4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutey a kick to drive, drives like a large sports car. It is extremely tight and quiet, and we love the throaty sound of the V6. Don't need the v8 and I have raced cars. The ultimate sports luxury car. We tested bmw, lexus, accura, and others, but this was the best bang for the buck.

51050