Used 2006 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

Still the most beautiful car on the raod
By John

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'm on my second Sc430 but this time I have the all elusive2006 pebble beach Mica tiger eye. This car is awesome in every way. A small car with a big car drive. This vehicle is totally obedient to ever command, from cruise to go get him!! There was only 500 of these car produced so everyone that sees it gawk in awe. Compliment after compliment. Even the new Lexus must look up to it's big brother. The stereo is just incredibly clear and loud if you like loud. Even though I don't have all the new gadgets, especially the blindspot monitor. I went out and purchased blindspot mirrors and that did the trick. This vehicle will never leave my ownership

Been a dependable car, but needs to be driven.
By james fong

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

If I don't drive the car for3-4 days, the battery runs down.
I don't drive it enough, so I connect the battery to a battery maintainer that alleviates the problem.

Disappointed
By Lisa Williams

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Was very disappointed in this model. Ride was rough. Hard to get in/out. I'm no longer considering this model

Great mid life crisis car!
By michaelbatesrealtor@gmail.com

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Lexus SC430 is an extremely misunderstood commodity in the automotive community. I have owned over two hundred cars and owning two of these has been an utmost pleasure. Solid reliability and silky smooth quietness and virtually year round convertible use capability with lovely HVAC and heated seats. My first one took me to 165k miles before a newer example with only 50k miles drew my attention away. In the middle I owned a G37 Convertible which was very noisy and harsh compared to the lovely SC430. Don't think of this car as a sports car, this car is a luxury touring car. I'd honestly go anywhere in it. These cars have aged well and I receive compliments daily, fit and finish are next to none, Toyota maintenance costs are reasonable as I have the car serviced at the Toyota dealer. Float down the highway with the stereo on and let your stress fade away...

Put the top down and go
By Mike Ashurst

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The car is easy to drive and everything that counts is easy to do or figure out quickly. The speed may be too much for the cornering so you learn quickly how to use the transmission to break. The run flat tires are terrible so get rid of them immediately. The automatic aspects of putting the top down are outstanding; in 20 seconds you are ready to go. The comfort and details are what you would expect from Lexus. A definite buy. UPDATE 2017: Still loving the car. A great benefit of small cars is they are easy to wash and wax, every month I update the finish with a detail wax spray. I always get compliments on this car. UPDATE 2018; 86K mileage, runs great and still fun to drive. Be prepared for mileage replacements to start, can be expensive.