Used 2000 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Lexus cars are great
By DN

2000 Lexus GS 300 Base 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have one to sell not because I want to, but because I am moving far away and need the cash

Love it
By 2000 lexus gs300 lover

2000 Lexus GS 300 Base 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would buy this car again and again i love it for its price i only paid like $5000 had it for two years and thinking about buying another just to build on and have fun with....if the take care of the car it well take care of u

GS 2000 Best Car Ever!
By lhayes1

2000 Lexus GS 300 Base 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my 2000 GS 300 for 13 years. Purchased car used 2002 and traded in with a little over 200K miles! Best car ever always reliable and just one major issue which occurred after owning the car 10 years (oxygen sensors). I loved my Lexus and planning on getting another real soon. Buy if you can just keep up with your maintenance checks and oil changes and you be fine.

It’s 2017 and I don’t have a Lexus but I still want one! I have a Camry now and boy do I miss the Lexus!!

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!!
By clublexusgs300

2000 Lexus GS 300 Base 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i bought this car a year ago with 150k on it. i did a royal purple synthetic oil change along with royal purple trans fluid. This CAR IS AMAZING. The 3.0 v6 will get up pretty quick if you have it switched to the power mode. The car is extremely comfortable with plenty of space to put stuff. For as big and roomy as the car is you wouldn't know while driving, it feels like a fun little sports car, and the shift in the transmission is almost not even noticeable. i now have almost 200k and it looks and feels like it has under 100kI put someHID headlights& led tail lights and put some nice wheels and tires on it and it turns heads. This is the best car that i have ever owned.

strong, reliable, powerful motor that gives you the feel of a strong sports car, while still providing absolute comfort and convenience of driving a luxury vehicle.

gas mileage isn't as good as some of the vehicles in this same class. that's about the only bad thing i can think of on this car.

Bought 2000 GS in 2010!
By boinz

2000 Lexus GS 300 Base 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have never bought a 10 year old car before.
But it was roomy for my 6'3" frame and 275 lbs!
I found a 1 owner Car Fax certified model with 94,000 miles.
Beside routine maintenance, I had work down on memory front seat and upper and lower control arms in the front.

I have not regretted buying it.

General performance... good acceleration and cornering. And a little snob value as it is a Lexus! Very tight body integrity. Never heard a squeak! Very smooth drive train. I enjoy driving it every day!

Maybe better FRWY mpg of 25! I have read some GS owners getting closer to 29/30 mpg.