Used 2009 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews

Used Spectra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Better than I had hoped

nolarobert, 06/17/2015
SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Spectra SX new in July of 2009. It was priced to move since the brand new 2010 Forte was hitting the market. If I could have afforded to spend more I would have likely gone with the Honda Fit. Imagine my surprise 8 years later that my Spectra is still going strong with no major issues. It has proven to be an enjoyable car that is darned reliable.

4 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

4.63 out of 5 stars

Life Saver

DrAwkward, 07/07/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car saved my life, along with three passengers, when a drunk driver crossed into our lane. Its responsive handling allowed us to avoid a head-on collision, and the side-airbags minimized the seriousness of our injuries. Everyone in the accident thanked me for choosing this car after putting its safety to the test.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Love the car

puppywhipsers, 05/04/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Spectra 8 months ago with barely over 8,000 miles on it, I bought it because of the manual transmission and so far I love the car. The only trouble I have experienced is the cruise control won't always set, it goes to the dealership on Monday. Contrary to other reviews I get excellent mileage on my KIA. I commute 55 miles one way to work, I have gotten anywhere from 30-38 mpg depending on my driving habits (if you know what I am saying ;)). My in town mpg is even better, I regularly get 40+ mpg and have had as high as 52mpg in town. I recalculated 3x because I couldn't believe it! It's a great car and with the sunroof & factory rear spoiler and on it, it looks sporty too!

4.88 out of 5 stars

Good highway car

dexter, 04/12/2009
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car to drive to school (260 miles round trip) four days a week. It gets 36-38 mpg and rides surprisingly well. Good build quality especially for the price. Never owned a kia before but if the quality of this car is indicative for the rest of their line I see an Amanti in my very near future.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Impressed with Kia

Felt32, 02/07/2010
EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a fuel efficient, inexpensive vehicle, with all of the up to date features (such as cruise control, CD, aux outlet) and I got all of that in this Kia. My only regret is that I had waited until the end of the year to get the Kia Forte!!

12345...7