Used 2008 Kia Rondo Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Kia Rondo Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rondo model:

Made some window screens for camping!
By Margie Taylor

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/AC (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I Love my 2008 Kia Rondo. It had 40 miles on it leaving the lot. I have nearly 60,000 miles on it now (2017). Love the idea of side airbags. I bought it for the ease of my elderly parent getting in and out. Front seats and the back seats a have plenty of legroom. I like the square back seat windows. I made two screens for it. I can put them in when watching fireworks from the car in comfort without pesky bugs getting in. I use them for when I'm camping too. I love that the seats fold down flat. I've slept in that car many times. I've hauled so much stuff with ease. I feel it's been fare on gas and I've kept up with oil changes and maintenance. I like that it tells me when air needs to be added in the tires. There's been many an air mattresses filled by the back end plug in. I wish a directional was standard, but I never really get lost. The only thing that I don't like is when the two back windows are open going down the road the noise pounds your ears. LOVE MY KIA !

A total surprise - I LOVE it!
By Auto-holic

2008 Kia Rondo EX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I come from a dealership family and we currently own several vehicles in our household plus 4 motorcycles so I switch cars frequently. I'm an "auto-holic" with lots of experience with all types : sports, sedans, trucks, SUV's, etc., everything from luxury to econo, 4-banger to V8, stick to automatic, and foreign & domestic. I recently wanted a car with better MPG for work but had a limited budget. I obsessively shopped online for vehicles that I was already familiar with and could afford but had never even considered a Kia Rondo. Frankly, there aren't enough of them on the USA roads to even notice (though more popular in Canada). When I saw an ad for an '08 with 68K miles & competitive price, I agreed to look at it per the urging of my husband and mechanic-son. Was so unimpressed with the exterior that I was hesitant to drive it, but when I did, WOW, I was almost embarrassed for overlooking this gem for many years! It was extremely responsive, nimble, comfortable, more than enough power with V6 for competitive, congested highway driving, SUPER smooth transmission and handling, all the creature comforts (leather, sunroof, 6-CD stereo, Aux jacks, etc), and awesome visibility, 3 rows - 2 fold flat for much cargo space. Handles like a much newer car, feels solid, and zero performance or reliability hiccups. The Rondo is quiet, too, transferring very little road noise to the interior. For my needs in congested city traffic, and high-speed long distance driving, this car has not disappointed! When I hit the gas, it instantly gives me what I need for passing and maneuvering. I only wish it were brand new so I could keep it longer because they're not sold in USA anymore :-( But from where I am, might travel to Canada for a newer one to enjoy longer. MPG is impressive at 25city/29hwy, much better than advertised, and I am NOT easy on the accelerator. I have owned this Rondo for 6 months now and it is currently my favorite car to drive. Cars currently in my household are Chevy Bronco, 2x Nissan Maxima, Mitsubishi Outlander, Mazda B2000 truck, Cadillac CTS, and my personal fav Kia Rondo. I wrote this review because I feel the vehicle never got the recognition it deserved and was seriously overlooked.

got money to throw away 2008 rondo is for you
By NOT HAPPY

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

timing belt and water pump @ 60,000 miles and Kia was to lazy to correct the issue of ac condenser dripping directly onto front sub frame causing it to rust out (did find out fix for Ac issue would have been a cheap fix)... Sub frame repalcement is over 700.00 not including the labor 4+ hours( rondo currently only has 64,000 miles on it)... if you have a rondo then you have this issue, period... Kia will admit that there is a rust issue for high salt and offers a undercoat recall.... it simple.. cheap made cheap metal..

A pleasant surprise and still going!
By Tully

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/AC (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine new in January of 2009 and have put over 180,000 miles on it including from Tennessee to California and back loaded down. Only problems related to a fender bender a few years ago, otherwise car has been nothing but reliable. Nothing fancy, easy to get in and out of, averaged about 24mpg, more than adequate power and handling, LOTS of room. A pleasant surprise indeed and still going.

Love my Rondo.
By fargsnalt

2008 Kia Rondo LX 4dr Wagon w/AC (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Rondo in 2012 with about 63,000 miles. I just passed the 100,000 mile mark with no major problems. We have changed brake pads, air conditioner coils and tires in that time. Gas mileage is not great, but cargo room is good and we can take 7 people in it. Third row seat is fairly easy to get to, even for a 6'6" person like myself.

3rd row seating cargo room interior