Used 1997 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews

1(0%)
4.2
24 reviews
1997 Isuzu Rodeo
See reviews for a specific Rodeo model:
Items per page:51050

Runs like new at 168,000 miles

PC, 03/25/2010

I purchased my 1997 V6 Isuzu Rodeo with 108,000 miles on it. Currently I am at 168,000 miles and it runs perfectly. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and it doesn't use any oil between changes. I've replaced the starter and alternator and brakes. Runs great on the highway as well as in town. I run BF Goodrich All Terrain tires on it and have pulled quite a few vehicles out of snow drifts. I think the only complaint I have is the frail design of the cup holder. The body has no rust and the finish of the paint still looks new. This truck is my daily driver and I'm curious to see how many miles I can put on it. 200,000 miles will be no problem.

Great little truck!

Carina, 09/29/2003

I have experienced absolutely no problems whatsoever with my Isuzu Rodeo. She's great in the snow. (Fantastic in the snow. (We even had to pull out a Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Durango during the last blizzard.)

Very good, reliable truck

Mikhail, 04/01/2009

I've owned this truck for about 7 years and had no major issues of any kind. Just general maintenance, brakes, etc. Please do not save money on oil and this car may run for up to 200000 miles. Mine has approx 140000 miles, my friend has Trooper with over 200000 miles and it is still going strong. Use Castrol synthetic blend 5w/30 for your high mileage Isuzu truck.

Great truck

kdbanks, 04/28/2009

I've had this Rodeo for going on 9 years, and have not had a single mechanical problem. It drives great, the engine is perfect (mechanics comment on it all the time), and is fun to drive. Not the best gas mileage, but it is an SUV. Highly recommend!

GREAT SUV FOR $$

Matt, 08/02/2009

You get 1-2 mpg more if you leave the A/c button off. Great car to drive, wonderful A/C & heater for the front. Not so good in the back especially in cold weather. Great 4WD & no problems with that at all. I had to replace the rear differential only because the dealership I was taking it to wasn't checking the rear differential and of course claimed no responsibility even though I had the paperwork showing they had done 97% of all the engine & oil change work. With close to 180,00o miles I'm going to turn it in for a newer model under the klunker deal. Good luck!