Used 2010 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews

$9,025

Used Veracruz for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Why I won't buy a Hyundai again

Alan, 11/02/2016
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

11/5/17: I sold the car last month. Replacement vehicle will be a Honda CRV. 5/3/17: Since my review I posted concerning an oil leak recall I have had the following issues with the vehicle which now has 68,000 miles. Discussed two additional oil leaks on two different occasion and late last month the engine seized up and the dealer found metal shavings in the oil pan. Had to replace the entire engine. So the net is 3 oil leaks and an engine replacement all by 68,000 miles. The cost to repair all of this is over $10,000. Since the I bought my Veracruz as a 2 year old vehicle with 20000 miles on it. I got a good price from a dealer. While I haven't needed to have the car into the shop very often (currently 66,000 miles) there are things about the vehicle that will keep me from buying another Hyundai. I have found you get what you pay for. First, the car was modeled after a Lexus RX, meaning Hyundai used the RX and the standard for the product. A couple of years into ownership I received a recall from Hyundai that there was an oil leak on my car and that it had to be repaired. Vehicles today are largely designed to go 100,000 miles or more without any major issues, but having an oil leak on a car at less than 50,000 miles is unheard of; it just doesn't happen any more. A few thousand miles later, after it had be repaired by the dealer, it was determined it was still leaking oil The dealership replace the defective gasket with the same gasket system, which proceeded to leak. Hyundai has not redesigned the defective part. Duh! The new gasket seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed. Also the driver seat is wearing very fast (poor material quality). There is a clanking noise when I put the car in reverse (transmission problems??). Who knows. I'm going to go back to my Japanese imports. While they are not perfect, I haven't experiences problems like this in 25 years of ownership of Toyotas and Hondas.

Hyundai - Please Bring Veracruz Model Back

RAS, 07/03/2018
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, would have bought another if the had not been discontinued/ replaced by Santa Fe 7 passenger

Hyundai - Please Bring Veracruz Model Back

RAS, 07/03/2018

Great Mid-Size SUV

M. Brown, 12/03/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Handles well, in town driving is 17-19 MPG, highway 22. MPG could be better, but I am an aggressive driver. Lots of cargo room with third row seats folded down. Third row seating is not comfortable for adults, but my tweens have no problem. This vehicle has a lot to offer as standard equipment, whereas, other more costly vehicles, you'll have to pay for extras.

Love this car

Wally, 01/12/2020
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my new Veracruz in November 2010. Since then I have driven this car all over. I have had minor things go wrong like a tail light go out. I have also had the problem with the oil leak killing the alternator, the dealership fixed it. I now have 199,000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I thought about selling it but it runs and looks so good I can't. I have been a Hyundai fan since my first Hyundai. In 1988 I bought an Excel four door hatchback and put over 100,000 miles on it. Since that car I have always owned a Hyundai. I worked my up from the Excel to the Elantra, Sonata, Azera, Santa Fe, Veracruz, and also bought an Accent for my son. I may have been lucky with my Hyundai's because I have always had good luck with them. I take very good care of my cars/trucks. Thank you Hyundai.