Used 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Santa Fe for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Santa Fe awesome again

Jacob Chojnacki, 02/25/2015
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

i owned a 2011 Santa Fe limited awd and traded for this same model 2015. It's incredible. Everything is laid out really well. I enjoyed the captains chairs for the second row and the third row. I really think the panoramic sunroof is a great feature. However, the most important aspect is the drivability. I would say that the ride is a little stiffer than the previous Santa Fe, but it is miles of an improvement in terms of overall ride quality and luxury feel of the vehicle. I would highly recommend the Santa Fe.

The Most Underrated Crossover in the Segment

AMS332, 06/26/2016
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I believe this car is the best value, most overlooked, and totally underrated in the three row segment. It is smooth, quiet, has a nice V6 engine, the interior ergonomics are well thought out, and it is pretty solid to drive. The cargo space is extremely usable. I have owned Honda's, Acura's, and Volvo's. This is by far my favorite car I have ever owned. There are really only a few things that I do not love about the car. The headlights are not very good, even with the HID's from the factory. I upgraded to a better bulb which helped but sideward visibility could be better. I think they may have fixed this for 2017. I wish the transmission shifted a little quicker and crisper. It's a little to laxed for my taste but it's not so frustrating that I hate the car. I wish the engine was tuned for a little more low end torque rather than high end horsepower. This would help with everyday fuel economy which is about average. Lastly I think visibility around the side mirrors and A pillars is sub par. Having driven Acura's and Honda's forever they really have that down. Otherwise the car is an exceptional value for the money and the recent 2017 refresh makes it even stronger. This car will be overlooked by many because it's a Hyundai. I took a lot of grief from people for going from an Acura to a Hyundai. Then they ride in it and are blown away. It is truly 95% of the car for about 75% of the cost if you shop around. It really has changed my whole impression of Hyundai.

Terrific Vehicle, Lots of Standard Features

J. Aiello, 12/21/2015
GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Santa Fe, my last was a 2006 GLS. The exterior styling makes this SUV stand out in the segment. I was amazed at the high level of interior quality and the standard features in this model. My ONLY complaints are the small glove compartment and that the height of the front passenger seat is too low and not adjustable. I remedied this by installing a front seat cushion (made for automobiles) for my wife. There are plenty of interior storage places. I like the storage bin under the rear floor that also includes a roll up storage compartment cover. The ride is very comfortable. The engine is quiet, very powerful and works well with the transmission. The middle row and rear seats are easy to lower and the floor is virtually flat. It's a vast improvement over earlier models where I had to remove the 2nd row head rests to lower the seats. I make frequent trips to a home improvement store and it's hauled everything I load into it. I really like the A/C vents for the middle row seats and the heating and A/C controls for the rear. seats. The best car I ever owned. My 2015 Santa Fe was so good I leased a new 2018, my 5th.

Overall Great Car but....

Russ Chambers, 12/10/2015
Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I went from a 2011 Buick Enclave to the Santa Fe. It's the perfect size for us. I like the looks, comfort, overall performance and economy. Road noise somewhat greater and road comfort not up to the Enclave. However the real annoyance is the front passenger seat is not height adjustable , this is a real problem for my wife. In fact had she ridden in the car before leasing it, we would not have leased it. I've ridden in the seat also and agree with her, it's annoying and neither of us are short people. She sits on a cushion when we travel....can't understand the design not including height adjustment. The other shortfall is the nav. system....we loved the OnStar system in the Buick. This one is OK, but not nearly as user friendly as the OnStar.

My 2nd Santa Fe

ncdeziner, 05/09/2015
Limited w/Saddle Interior 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2014 Santa Fe Limited for 3 days. I was t-boned at an intersection, resulting in all but the front air bags deploying and the rear axel snapping in two. The EMS at the scene kept repeating to me that the air bags and design of the Santa Fe saved my life. I replaced that Santa Fe with a 2015 Santa Fe Limited Ultimate. I had been driving Chevy Tahoes since 1999. This Santa Fe is a breath of fresh air! It drives like a dream, holds the road well, and the safety features are awesome. I greatly prefer the navigation system to OnStar. I will be replacing all my company vehicles with Santa Fe's as needed.

A great value proposition in this segment

Sharvan Mohan, 10/29/2015
GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

It is one of the better 3 row crossovers in the segment.Smooth ride,great handling,refined engine and transmission.Reliable electronics and cool features such as panaromic sunroof,Heated and cooled seats,heated rear 2nd row seats,smart liftgate and good comfort overall.If there are some weak points it has to do the front seats not height adjustable(my spouse doesn't like it),Brakes not so effective especially under full load and suspension that bottoms out under full load of passengers.

Love in a Hyundai Santa Fe

Brewer Leggett, 07/14/2018
Limited w/Saddle Interior 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The only problem was the 2nd row seat does not fold down flat for cargo. We drive several 14 - 21 day road trips each year. You cannot place a cooler or picnic basket behind the front seat without it sliding back out of reach. Dealer experience was great. Warranty excellent and no real issues after ten days. Resale value could have been better.

Our 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD

Gerald Newby, 01/06/2016
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My Wife and I have been very happy with our Santa Fe, it is a Great looking car and drives and rides Great. When we first bought it we noticed that the passenger seat sat a little low and made it uncomfortable for me to ride long distances in that seat but after doing a little research online I found a spacer kit that was made to raise the passenger seat up to a very comfortable level. Our Santa Fe has never let us down, and we have received a lot of comments from people telling us that they really like the looks of our car. We have been very happy with the performance of our car and with the gas mileage. The 3.3 V-6 engine has plenty of get up and go and the handling of the car is amazing for a vehicle it's size.

Couldn't Be Happier

Anthony Vincent, 09/28/2015
GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped them all. Price, within reason, was not an issue. I really like this SUV a lot. It rides well, it's quick for a heavy vehicle, it has every feature out there that I wanted, and it seems bulletproof so far. In mixed driving I got 24.4 MPG in the first thousand miles. Love the way it looks, the huge sunroof, the power lift gate, the sliding driver seat, the onboard computer control, the solid feel when driving ... Just everything about this vehicle is excellent.

Great family SUV

Bill Calloway, 09/10/2018
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned 8 Hyundais and never had a problem with any of them!

51050