Used 2016 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Accent for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

THE GREAT SEARCH IS OVER - HYUNDAI ACCENT WINS

Leah Nikaidoh, 08/25/2016
Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Hi all. Okay I REALLY don't write reviews because I usually think they are biased, but here I go. This is the first time I've done a serious effort in test driving cars before buying one. Prior to this, I only leased or bought VWs - however, my last one (a beautiful 2012 GTI that was red and had plaid interior) required 3 MAJOR repairs in six months, so I had to bid her a fond farewell. So, my uncle and I did test drives (separately) of the following cars: Hyundai Elantra GT, Hyundai Accent hatch back, Mazda 3 hatchback, high end Toyota Prius, and Kia Soul. I narrowed search down to the Mazda and the Accent. The Mazda had more bells and whistles, but the Accent was a lot less expensive and the biggest selling point was the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. I actually upgraded to the 10 year warranty for only $1800 (which is partially refundable if I don't keep the car). The mileage on both cars were about the same - if I wanted leather seats I would have had to spend more money and get the Mazda or the Hyundai Elantra. I definitely wanted a hatchback and the Accent's cargo space seemed a lot bigger than the Mazda. The interior gadgets are minimal - while I miss my hands free calling, I don't miss it enough to spend another $5-8K. So, I'd recommend you consider this car - my purchase price was great and I have to honestly say that the car dealership has been terrific.

All Air bags didnt deploy

chrystal pruitt, 05/03/2019
SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was making payments to own this car, well let me get to it. I was hit by a box truck going 55mph on the driver side, my steering wheel air bag didnt deploy nor did the air bags on the passenger side of the car. The only one that did was on the driver side. The doors were crushed and it was darn near crushed completely in half. I almost died in this car as well as my kids that were in the back seats in car seats. We all suffered serious injuires, spent atleast 3 to 4 days in the ICU and 2 of us were recommended to have surgery. This car may look good but take it from someone that almost died in this car....no way the safety is 4 out of 5. If this allowed to me post pictures I would, I have proof of what I claim

Reliable,SAFE good looking car

Clay streetman, 11/06/2017
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2016 Hyundai Accent with lifetime warranty in may. I was wanting a nice looking reliable car with good gas mileage,escpecially having to drive back and forth from north Mississippi to Texas after moving.After debating between the Accent, chevy Cruze,and versa, the Accent to me was by far the best looking and I loved the test drive in the Accent the best. The interior of the Accent is very nice, seats good and looks quite fancy,inside and out. Equipped with satellite,auxiliary,Bluetooth, radio sounds great with the 6 speakers. There is more than enough room inside, including the cargo area. Very spacious. It has about all the features you could have except for backup camera and automatic seats. Handles beautifully! Love driving it. Handles great in any condition.very reliable.the only downfalls that I have is there is it gets just a bit noisy on rough roads, though it rides very smoothly. Fine finish on doors and dash scratch rather easily, engine noisy when accelerating heavily. Awesome car.safety is VERY great. Ended up in a horrible accident in my first 2016 Accent. Flipped twice and rolled four times. I unbuckled and reached in the backseat, and run off the road in a ditch at 70mph. Keep in mind, I wasn't buckled. All that happened was I fractured some vertebra in my back, still have trouble with it to this day. For it to flip and roll that many times, UNBUCKLED, That is definantly a safe car. When all the airbags deployed, it's like I was in a big bubble. Hated to lose my car(thankful to be alive!) ended up getting another Accent, a silver metallic looking one. My first one was white. If I could give it 6 stars I would. I give safety a 10.

Look and drive like a brand new car

Avau Faaesea, 12/19/2018
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased this car in December 2017 for my birthday. My husband and I are moving overseas and we are selling the Hyundai Accent and keep the KIA Sportage. We love both cars. If we didn't have to move we wouldn't sell the Hyundai. Even though it is a 2016 vehicle, it runs and looks like a brand new Hyundai Accent or better. It's a well maintained, updated on services, no accident, no dent, no tear, clean, 49,000 low mileage, beautiful candy apple red beautiful car. Whoever the future purchaser of this car is the most luckiest person in the world to have such a perfect well maintained vehicle.

First car I've ever owned

April, 05/04/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my 2016 accent two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It takes a minute to get up to speed as it is a 4 cylinder vehicle but I get about 35-40 mpg! Absolutely love it. It is quiet and comfortable and the AC will freeze you outta the car!