Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

2nd review-crash result

carlonz, 12/30/2012

I submitted a review previously, just after purchasing my new 12 civic. I thought I should submit another after recently totaling it. It was a great car, in fact I have replaced it with the same exact model and color. Whats important to know is that I was hit (t-boned) on the passenger side at about 35 mph. Side impact air bags went off and car spun 180 degrees. I walked away with only a bruise to my right foreman, no other bruisers, breaks or next day sorenss, with the driver and passenger seating areas fully intact. It's not often someone submits a review on safety in a real world incident. Above and beyond its strengths and weaknesses, this car is built for safety. Thank you Honda.

Lesser of the evils

dannerd, 07/07/2012

I based my car buying decision on my experience with owning an assortment of different beaters, and that this time I was going to buy something new. Out of all the beaters I've owned, Hondas always got the best gas mileage, were the cheapest to fix, were easy to sell. If you read the bashing reviews for the 2012 civic, you'll notice the gripes are mostly about the cheap interior plastic and road noise. If you compare the reviews to other competitors like the 2012 focus or elantra, they are having serious issues involving the transmission, and check engine lights coming on recent to the purchase of the vehicle. That should tell you something. No car is perfect, but Honda seems to get close.

So you want a Hybrid....

hybridman2012, 05/06/2012

If you are on your first mission to buy a hybrid, this article will help you! I started my quest to find the "gas mileage" car I needed by going to a Toyota dealer and driving the famous Prius. After being unimpressed with the style, power and certainly the price, I went back to Honda. This would be my third Honda if the 2012 Civic was the one I was looking for.Here are some facts that accually are true to help you make your decision: First - Honda has a Lithium Ion battery back weighing 20lbs. Prius has a NiCad battery weighing 200lbs. The NiCad has a memory and won't last as long as Honda's Lithium Ion with a warranty of 10yrs or 80,000 miles! Last - More power, most quiet, NICE!

I am a Car Guy!! Love the 2012 Honda civic LX A+

William, 05/09/2016
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First of all i am a car guy and a old school mechanic i worked on many cars the last 20 years.,since i was a teen in the 1990's i own my first car and worked on my 1966 volkwagan classic beetle and turn it into a super bug with a 1915cc 94mm pistons and double carb 45".had 150hp. And drove many cars and my project cars.anyways loved working on cars. classic old school Muscle cars ,from toyota,Honda,ford mustangs,vw, old and new chevy Camaro and other model types big list I was a craftsman, technician who uses tools to build or repair machinery i have many trades within. Some on specialize in the electrical aspects and specialize in the mechanical aspects. i done in the Past. I and my wife bought our Like new 2012 Honda civic Lx with 41K we need a gas saver car. i own many older Honds cars 89'civic hatchback and 88"Honds accord over 200 to 300 miles on them and still running and very reliabe cars.I read many blogs on the website on these models i seen them rated poor. i was shock this is not true. the Honda civic Lx 2012 is a beauty i can trust on reliability this is car everyone can trust . gas saver,39 to 41mpg.we took it on a road trip did a 157 mile drove on a flat highway 168 in California Los Banos we when up steep hills and had no problem on speed my wife was not pressing on the accelerator full she press on it and the rpm jumps on 4ooo it the pedal was not to the floor. we were going at 77 which its normal speed for a 1.8 ivtec engine with 140 hp and 128 lb.-ft. of torque .which will do on any other car with same hp power.ll depends age and engine, carburetor or fuel injection can give the power and transmission type, is highly debated question among car enthusiasts that drive with same hp and different car model.it can handel the hills and transmission shift smooth and the turns Stability control excellent Well-performed. and with the help of Traction control. This 2012 Honda civic Engine & Performance can Handel the highway and back roads very well! I love the 5 Star crash safety test. it has Front and rear head airbags and Dual front side-mounted airbags. its a A+ for our family.And the Interior Features and the Tachometer it was lite bright and easy to read i and my wife love the inside interior simple and easy to use. never had no Eleterical issues. it has everything you need It's no secret that Hondas are arguably the most reliable car. The Honda 2012 civic still perform very well” despite what other said on the website or blog .Honda Civic offers excellent fuel economy and is well-known for being a vehicle that you can trust on the road. all you do is take care of the updated the maintenance requirements it will take care of you. "in my opinion" when I encountered many cars in my past history working on many differnet style vehicles and upgrading them. Honda Civic reliability ratings results is a A+. only con on the 2012 civic is the front Suspension designed by the vehicle manufacturer, springs are and shocks are weak. on the road you can feel the almost every bumps on the road. easy fix replacing them. This Honda is worth it! test drive one you will see . like many people out there they are very picky!There is no such thing as the perfect car. No disrespect intended. But you know how it is. Your car is never quite perfect. Nothing mechanically wrong!Nothing you can ask the garage to fix!(update 11/10/2016) just an update 8 month owning our honda civic still running strong engine, outside body,inside interior no issue at all, Best Honda civic LX & very Reliable car.

Best Car I have ever owned!!

yaltabei, 06/05/2011

I have owned alot of cars. I have never been as impressed with a car as much as this Civic. it is fuel efficient, built tight, reliable and fun to drive. I had a Nissan before I bought my first Honda. I thought that Nissan is as good as Honda but I was wrong. On my brand new Nissan, I had to replace an Axle, the rubber silicone cover on my driver side window because of a Wind Tab poor design, my fuel pump twice, an exterior trim twice and my Air Bag passanger sensor and then I hear rattling noise, paint chips off. I decided to switch to Honda based on the advice of close friends who owned Honda for years. Yes, It is alittle more expensive but this car will save you alot of money on maintance

Best in Class

kerpalsingh, 11/09/2011

I needed a reliable commuter car. I looked at the Mazda 3, Hyundai Elantra, VW Jetta and Mazda 6. The Civic's handling is just as good as the Mazda 3 and the LX has way better standard features. I've driven almost 1000 miles and have very few complaints. I drive about 60 miles a day (mixed) and with the 'Econ' feature off I get about 36 mpg, when it's on I get about 38mpg. The handling and build quality of the car are outstanding. The seats could be more comfortable and the standard speakers have muddy mids and highs, but good bass. I paid almost $1000 less than INVOICE so that was a huge factor in me getting the Civic. I have no complaints about road noise but the engine can get loud.

The Best Yet

nmskies, 12/27/2011

I have owned seven Civics: an 83 hatchback, a 91 DX sedan, a 95 hatchback, a 99 LX sedan, an 05 hybrid, an 07 EX coupe and now, my 12 EX Coupe. I loved my 07, and I believe the 12 is an upgrade on the gen 8. What has improved? I like the softened lines, the road noise has decreased, and the A pillar blind spot has been eliminated by thinning the pillars. Streaming music through Bluetooth from my iPhone is incredible. The quality of the Bluetooth is exceptional. I don't believe the dash is busy at all. The control buttons for the iMid on the steering wheel are intuitive and extremely ergonomic. I have never had a problem with my Civics, and I expect the same from this one.

LOVE this car!

shootingstar3, 04/24/2012

I wasn't even going to look at this car due to poor reviews, but my hubby had to take his CRV in for service and I was killing time browsing the lot, sat in one, drove it, loved it and traded my 07 RAV4 on the spot. Super glad I did! Don't understand the knocks this car is getting. Over the last month, I drove a Prius, Fiesta, Focus, Elantra, Mazda3, VW GTI, and Volvo C30(loved that one, but $$), and ruled them all out. Was just going to keep the RAV until this car. It is comfy, sporty, and OMG, the mileage! I just filled it for the first time and got 35mpg in TOWN people! This is an automatic and not a hybrid. It rides smoother than my RAV and handles great. Not a rocket, but adequate power

wow!!! impressive!!! got our $$ worth!

bnward1988, 05/16/2011

Was looking to downsize with an economical vehicle and had looked at many other economy cars (mazda 3, hyundai sonata, toyota corolla) before looking at Honda's Civic. Have been impressed with the engine's performance...Living in Co. thought we'd have to buy a standard to provide more power to drive over the mountain hwy, yet, was impressed during the test drive..that we bought an automatic and have not been disappointed. Enjoying the interior layout! Feel we're getting our $$'s worth and if we decide to trade in later, we know that we'll get a better trade in value compared to other vehicles.

Should not have strayed from Honda

tamie45, 08/25/2014

I started out the summer with a pre-owned 2013 Ford Focus SE. I was swayed into buying the Focus because of all the great tech and the quality interior. Unfortunately, all the comforts in the world could not make up for the awful DCT. Two months into owning the Focus I decided that I needed to trade it away as soon as possible. I went with a pre-owned 2012 Civic with 22,000 miles on it. I could not be more happy with my decision!! I first felt that the interior was a downgrade to the Focus until I actually drove the car for a while and found it to actually be much better in all respects save for the hard plastics. The smooth driving experience is much better than the Focus!

12345...18