Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

150 HP Gas Saver

Mountain MaMa, 06/06/2019
EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has ample cargo room and takes the load it bears over mountains, going from 5000 ft elevation to 1000 in half an hour, with ease of power. Yep, to get to town or work, thats what I climb or descend, so HP is very important. I have not had any repairs in 90K miles of driving it. I have changed my own oil, coolant, and transmission oil with no struggle. I sometimes wear earplugs to listen to my radio on my phone and so I have to cut off the bluetooth on the counsel.....because road noise is the downside and have replaced tires every 40K just trying to improve the ride and get some silence, but even premium tires cannot make the ride quieter.so Honda has room for improvement but overall, what a gas saver...

Can be modified

T, 05/17/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Smaller trunk which is fine for me, haven’t had a problem in the last two most I had it got it with 105,500 miles and now has 106,620. I put wheels, banner, carbon fiber wing with Borla exhaust, LED’s it looks great.

Totally underrated year

Joe , 10/13/2020
EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Right now, mine looks brand new and has 277,000 miles on it. If you are an OK amateur mechanic that does normal replacement items (brake pads, oil/transmission fluid changes), put seat covers on it and wipe the inside down with distilled water on a rag on the weekend, it is gold. Lots of folks say new cars are hard to work on, I don't believe it for a second, this car in particular is incredibly easy to work on for anyone with basic car knowledge, its basically a new model T. Consumer Reports really messed up with their criticism, lost my vote because they should be about reliability, not making reviews for what they like in a car besides reliability, for that, you read motor trend or something.

Honda supposed to be good however

Justme, 10/14/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda Civic LX four-door sedan with only 23000 miles. It reads to 50049 Mi and the car wouldn't start. I had no choice but to turned it in for another vehicle. I've been in a Honda owner in the past with an accord and that was a good experience I expected no different. This Honda Civic gave me repetitive problems with the starter. It is hard to comprehend how one can own a cream puff of a Honda like my Honda Civic LX 2012 four-door sedan and at 50,000 MI it would hesitate to start and that's with a new battery. To make matters worse the Honda people the dealer here in Homosassa Florida weren't even sure it was a problem with the starter. They fought it be $677 to fix a possible starter problem. And that is exactly how they put it on the invoice a possible starter issue. Right there at the Bay of the Honda dealer the car would not start that was so embarrassing. When great hesitation I had to turn it in for another car. I miss my Honda it was a cream puff of a car white with beige interior however how far is cream puff going to take you in a car that doesn't start. So how that gets an F. An f as in failure. And by the way every single time I took my vehicle into the Homosassa dealer they tried to nickel-and-dime me to death with little petty stuff. So Honda will not be seeing me for a very long long while. Because this gal does not have a money tree and her yard and I'm a pretty good gardener.

51050