Used 2010 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Accord for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Buyer Beware!

tflower, 04/16/2013
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a three time Honda buyer because of the reliability of the vehicles. This car has major issues with oil consumption due to poor engine design. At three years old and 50K the engine has to be replaced. I had the oil changed 4 weeks prior and the car started running rough and check engine light came on. There was not any oil on the dipstick! Honda knows there is a problem but has not issued any warnings or recalls. The fact that they are not forthcoming has really angered me. This is not Honda quality or reliability. Buyer beware and do your research before buying this vehicle.

Great car - avoid it anyway

welltraveled, 12/03/2014

Bought this car used with 35,000 miles on it; the car burned a quart of oil in 1,000 miles consistently. Check engine light came on and the car began running rough on a long trip; stopped into a Honda dealership who told us that there was a class action lawsuit over this car, and Honda extended the warranty for this issue to 8 years / unlimited mileage. The piston rings fail and oil enters the engine. This fouls the spark plugs, and the engine fails. Remedy was to rebuild the engine with new rings, gaskets, etc. - four days worth of work. No guarantee that the issue won't recur, so I would avoid this car. This is my second Accord and third Honda / Acura. Disappointing.

Great car with minor faults

tominnh, 02/27/2015
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2010 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 for 5 1/2 years. Outside of the rear brake issue that Honda had with this model, I have nothing but praise for this car. It's has smooth and quick acceleration. It's well put together and nothing has gone wrong mechanically. It's classified as a large car so there's plenty of room everywhere. Gas mileage is acceptable and on a 1400 mile trip I got 26.5 MPG thanks to the cylinder deactivation feature. My only real gripes are that the compass is useless. Whenever the car goes under an underpass that has electrical conduits under it, the compass goes haywire. Over the years, it seems to me that driver seats got so hard that a I had to get a cushion.

Ridiculously Dissapointing

Courtney, 07/14/2015
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a first time Honda buyer. Purchased this vehicle with the knowledge that I commute 100 miles a day. Wanted something large enough to contain passengers comfortably and was reliable and going to give me a decent amount of years before needing to purchase a new vehicle. I have had nothing but problems from about 20k miles. It has had several "safety bulletins", basically Honda recognizes there is an issue and doesn't fix the problem until you are in the dealer complaining or broke down and have been towed in. I have broken down 7 times in the last 5 years, 4 times in the last 2 years since getting a new engine. I was breaking down on the freeway about 2x a year, everything was blamed on oil consumption after several fixes and "safety bulletin" fixes Honda agreed to replace my small block since I had purchased the extended warranty. Since receiving by new small block I have been stranded or limped my vehicle to the dealer 4x from a busy metropolitan freeway in the bay area and still received an oil consumption explanation. At one point I was told that I needed to be checking the oil in my 2 year old vehicle every time I pumped gas, umm NO I am not making a payment on a new vehicle to treat it like a 1970 Nova. Im now at 100k miles and am still breaking down. I know have unexplained engine issues that the codes will not translate. I feel like I am the one in a million people that hate Honda and have had a horrible experience. I am convinced it has to do with the fact that I got the V6 instead just the basic 4cylinder!

Very reliable

ndskimr, 07/03/2011

Great car except for all the road noise and the seats are not the most comfortable. Very reliable and good on gas. Would recommend for anyone looking for a sedan that will last.

A Very Good Car

John, 12/04/2010

Traded in a '99 Accord, which served me well, so I was looking for the equivalent. My coupe has ample power, excellent handling, good fit and finish. The cloth seats are reasonably comfortable, but would have preferred the looks and feel of leather. The ride is smooth and quiet, transmission shifts smoothly, and the brakes are very responsive.

BUYER BEWARE

Ashley Chalmers, 08/03/2015
EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not buy 2008-2010 Honda accords! There is a defect with the engine. You can read about it here http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/1713-honda-accord-oil-defect-class-action-lawsuit/ I bought my car "gently" used 7 months ago and am having all of these issues. Honda was kind enough to replace my engine block, but all other damages and bills incurred BECAUSE of the initial issue with the engine fall back on me. Cause I'm the sucker who purchased a vehicle from a "reputable" dealership, trusting that they'd put me in something SAFE and RELIABLE. I learned my lesson. Currently looking at trade in value of my vehicle. Will NEVER purchase Honda again.

GREAT CAR

bolivero25, 12/10/2010

This car is wonderful. I bought it brand new about 2 months ago. So far so good. Engine is strong for a 4-cylinder. The seats are a little bit uncomfortable, but you eventually get use to them. For the most part it is fun to drive. The V-6 must be amazing. Honda has one of the strongest re-sale values, so that's a plus. It get's you from point A to Point B with a sense of style. It is definitely a big car, so if you like small sedans this is not the car for you. Gas is great but the tank is huge, you put 20 bucks and the needle doesn't move. This is my first car and it looks like I will be a Honda Lover for the rest of my life.

Accord EXL v6 wNavigation-Love it

Simon, 11/10/2015
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Specification of my car Date of Purchase Oct 10 2010 Honda Accord EXLV6 Navigation Color Black Leather Seats Michellin Pilot original tires Miles put on the car 644288 miles of highway driving Let me touch wood, I have owned Honda Accord 1991 and used it for 12 years with 275K miles and it was running like new, I just donated it because I felt that someone who needs ot could use it for another 250k miles.,and in 2010 Oct bought another Honda Accord but this time with some bells and whistles like Navigation leather seats V6 some luxury. on 2015 Oct me and my car celebrated our 5 year anniversary, I never took it to dealership for maintenance even though they sold me the extended maintenance package (I was a sucker), Just changed my nreak pads once because of mountain driving. Original tires still looking good will change in another 5000 miles and use thr full warranty of Michellin Pilot tires. I would like to know suggestions what other owners think of replacement tires should i stick with Michelin or try BridgeStone? I intended to drive thos baby for another. 10years and this time. I am going to enjoy it UPDATED: May 20/2018 After I bought this car, around 2015/2016, one day my car started stalled and the engines started pistons started jerking, immediately there was a engine code I think it ended with 6 code, anyway took it to the dealership, and "viola" there was a recall for these car modle on that particular issue, the issue was the spark plug associated with the Engine cylinder 6 (The one which provides the extra boost when driving in the V6 mode) ,seems the Computer was not programmed properly when this cylinder should kick in , and that caused this cylinder to not to properly ignite causing sometimes the carbon deposit to accumulate and clog the cylinder and thus causing a "Mis-Firing", this has been a BIG issue in posted in many HONDA Forums and people have complained about it, and HONDA has been very quite about this. (Now the CAT is out of the box). They went ahead and reprogrammed and replaced the "Spark plug" for that particular cylinder, this is the cylinder on the back side right side (last one). Once that was fixed the problem seems to have gone away. Well it has been 8 Years 6 months, and I put in about 110,000 miles so far, recently in the past year I replaced the Airflow sensor (There was nothing wrong with old one),replace my 4 tires with Michelin Sports Pilot A/S 3+, I have to say these tires are the BEST tire set replacement for a Honda Accord EXL V6 , the road grip and the ability of tire to hold the road in steep inclination at 60 miles is amazing, runs smoother and quite compare to original Michelin XT Radials. Changed it when the original tire was about 70,000 miles. I went ahead and replaced the Power Steering fluids with original HONDA Power steering fluids (Replaced it myself after watching Youtube video..anyone can do it..not a rocket science). I asked the dealership to replace the transmission fluids, I bought the original fluids but asked my dealership to replace it and charge me only for the labor. Works!. The most important change I did was not to take to the dealership for every oil change, but at only important milestones, and started using CHEVRON top of the line gas, you will see the difference driving this car. The second important change I have made in the way I do my oil change is to make sure change the oil every 5000 miles (In some case I change oil every 7500 miles) I have heard of horror stories of the car burning engine oil every 1000 miles of use, yes this car does burn oil, the best way to avoid this in my experience is to use the what many of the "High Performance" car mechanics have recommended to use a additive product made by a company called BG Products( I am not a PAID endorser of this product), I learn this technique, after using these products on my spouses 2004 Toyota Camry LE with 240,000 miles. I only use the best oil on the market (Royal Purple Synthetic OIL and Royal Purple Oil Filters FYI I am not a PAID endorser of this product),The biggest difference is to prepare your car before a major oil change by following these steps. Step 1: Just before the next oil change pour BG Product EPR (Removes all the carbon deposits, you will notice the black oil when you drain the old oil) in to the engine block where you add oil, and run the engine for about 20-30 minutes at about 1200 RPM or higher. Step-2: Take to the any reputable oil change facilities (Make sure you purchase your own Royal Purple oil and Royal Purple Oil filter), if you are a DYI kind of person, make sure you follow your procedures. Step-3: Drain the old oil and let the engine cool down. Step-4: Add 11-oz of the BG Product MOA (Oil additive which enhances the oil life and seals the gaskets and piston leaks) Step-5: Fill the remaining with the new Royal Purple Synthetic oil 5W-30 to fill it to the proper marked level. Step-6: Add BG Product 44K to your gas tank also.

This car is awesome!

herb, 08/01/2010

This car is absolutely awesome! I love both the interior and exterior looks. It is wonderful to drive and quick. The build quality is evident as has been the case for Honda for many years. I traded in a terribly unreliable Cadillac cts for this auto, and do not miss the Cadillac at all! Also, the seats and climate control system are excellent. Beautiful car! I look forward to driving it every time!

Disappointed

honda2517, 05/09/2013
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase the V6 EX-L early in 2010. Starting at 40,000 the car started to "consume" oil. The dealer says that it is normal to "consume 1 quart per 1000 miles. This is completely ridiculous. Honda finally admitted there was an issue after a ton of wasted time getting oil consumption tests. People say well oil isn't that expensive, just add as needed. I am concerned about the long term reliability. I am also appalled that all the service people at the dealer say it is normal. This is a company problem and I will not own another Honda. Update 11/9/2016 - I will never trust Honda or the people that work at their dealers because they lied about the issue. Shame on you Honda and the people that said it is normal to have up to a quart of oil "consumed" BURNED in a 1000 miles, REALLY! Worst car I have owned todate.

After 4 Years, Not Impressed

jhill, 04/29/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a used 2010 EXL off lease where one would assume minimal issues. I got sucked into "It's a Honda, you won't have to worry about anything!" Needless to say, that was not my experience. In my opinion, the car is unpleasant to drive and very noisy. There is so much wind noise that you can't even use the Bluetooth radio feature because no one can hear you! The stock Michelins were loud and I replaced them with supposedly a more quiet tire and it did little to improve Road noise. The brakes should be recalled. I spent over 1k trying to get them fixed and then finally replaced. Mine rewarped twice before deciding to replace them. Honda could care less about this even though every single owner had the issue. If you buy one of this year model make sure they are fixed. The electronics use a lot of battery. Found this out when I was working in the car on a few occasions. 20 minutes of radio equals not enough power to start the car. Always fun trying to find someone to jump you. The battery tested fine at the dealership. I also had dumb things like 2 door locks that went bad. I couldn't open either passenger door without manually unlocking first. Another stupid thing that went wrong at $200 a piece. To top it all off, Honda didn't manufacture the transmission with a basic filter so it is recommended to change the fluid more often. Every other manufacturer has this, but in their genius engineering, decided to eliminate a basic feature that can avoid costly transmission repairs. The reviews about people losing their transmission are likely due to this. All in all, this car was not worth the money. It is unrefined and not as reliable as their reputation would lead you to believe. There are much nicer cars that can be had for less money.

3rd Review: Life is Good after 14K miles

shaymasdaddy06, 06/16/2011

This is car is rock solid fun. Aside for a rattle that was fixed right after delivery, it has been a blast to drive. My kids are 10 and 6 and still have no issues being in the back seat. I had a chance to compare it against my father's 2011 CTS Coupe AWD and it is a worth competitor. The CTS has a smoother ride but have great handling. The Accord Coupe wins the seat comfort contest...CTS Coupe seats are hard and not very comfortable (the kids echoed the same for the back seat). For looks, the CTS gets the nod, but the Accord Coupe still looks good. For everyday, the Accord Coupe is the better buy if you can deal with a slightly rougher ride. Thanks Honda for this good lookin' coupe!!

Honda Accord Reliability

gimpus, 06/22/2013

2010 Accord is nothing but trouble. In t.5 years, I've experienced all the problems mentioned in the past blogs....oil consumption of 1 qt per 1000 miles is "normal". I purchased an Accord to do the exact opposite of what I am doing now--checking oil levels, spending time at the dealership letting mechanics tell me everything is within "parameters". Now I had to change brakes, deal with AC not getting cool, flashing check engine lights, wheel alignment problems; all in 2.5 years. I am a careful driver and 80% of the mileage was on highways. Avoid this car.

2010 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl.

Jason Quade, 02/25/2016
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased the car new, and then purchased based on trade in value. Very good mileage. Was overall a solid car with minor issues that were not addressed by Honda during visits. The car had issues with some gaskets causing cross contamination between oil and coolant systems covered under warranty. Poor range/life with the keyless entry was replaced several times under warranty, but you still need to be within 20 feet of the car to open/close locks. The engine made rattling noises at startup from the day I purchased it. Once warm, the care would not make the noise. Several years later a TBS was put out for a faulty VTC actuator that Honda will not honor. Top that off with the fact that the car burns 3/4 quart of oil every 1000 miles (Honda warranties require 1 full quart per 1000 miles for warranty claim) and this is not a good option for anyone looking to purchase a used vehicle. Other minor issues are uncomfortable seating (forward fixed position head rests), noisy AC fan (would not cover under warranty), noisy drive in general, lights went out in dash (5 years is common according to Honda service) and repairs at a dealer are absolutely insane ($200 for swap out bulbs in center console, $650 for front brake replacement only, etc.) I believe the Honda products have fallen off. Family friends Fusion was the same price and features (some extras) and the car is holding up much better mechanically and resale value.

Honda used to mean quality

pjinca1, 09/26/2013

Our 2010 Honda Accord has been pretty terrible. From panel gaps you can drive a truck through to the battery lasting less than 3yrs/40k miles. Andd now, the NAV is blank, dead, deceased, it is an Ex-NAV system. Pathetic considering the 3yr/36k mile warranty.

Can't trust this car

frustrated2013, 08/03/2013

I have had my 2010 Accord for a little over three years. Just this year, I was told the oil was low so I needed a $125 software update. Within a couple of months, I was stranded on the highway with what Honda says was misfired spark plugs because of the low oil. Spark plugs changed software update re-done on June 1. By, July 7, oil was low again, I added a quart and then again around 2 weeks later. Last night noticed the car running rough, then it happened again. Check again light flashing car feeling like it was going to shut off. Off to the dealership we go....time to get rid of this clunker!!! I am so disappointed. Wish Honda would step up to the plate, Toyota did.

Great Car

rjl, 04/21/2010

Traded my Acura TL S 2003. Wanted to buy a new TL but design (UGH). Anyway, this car has been fantastic. Road noise not a problem and seats are comfortable. Just drove a 600 mile trip and got 29 hwy. I feel like I got my money worth especially considering the $13K I probably saved on not buying Acura or Lexus.

mixed reviews with the 2010 Accord

Enrique Gomez, 10/26/2016
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car with a break problem (shaking/making clanging noise) and oil problem (using oil too quickly )from a gas station dealer at about 53k. I replaced all the pads and rotors at 53k before I realized the true cause of the braking problems is a bad brake system. The oil problem was fixed by a Honda dealer through a warranty/recall where the engine was pretty much rebuilt. The Accord is great because despite being quite large it has good acceleration and handling. Unfortunately, I gave the car low marks for Road Holding because the car is easily tossed by highway winds.. irrelevant to Road Holding but related on the highway the cabin is very, very noisy., otherwise, the suspension/steering are phenomenal at slow speeds (25-45mph) I have Good Year All Season Tires and they work really well in the snow. The Accord just hit 83k miles and the brake problems have returned.

Leather seats

Casey P., 08/12/2017
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Accord. My first was a 1999 EX-L I never had one issue with my leather seats. They were great quality. It had 240,000 miles when I sold it and they had the normal wear but no cracks. My 2010 Accord I have now the seats are ripping and I've already replaced one armrest and it's tearing again. They are so cheap!!! It ridiculous you spend this much money on something and it's junk!! I'm very disappointed in the quality of leather. It looks like crap!!

Some drawbacks but pleased

wyomatt, 03/23/2011

Glad for a car this loaded under $26k. Snow tires for these 18's are $1k so we just relied on ESC/ABS. No winter problems but I'd be torn if still in the Dakotas. With spirited driving expect 19mpg city/27 hiway @82. Use low octane for best results. Don't use high-octane on Accords as they do not have high-compression so not only is it wasteful but actually reduces mileage. Low octane doesn't mean inferior gas....it means it burns quicker. Accords all suffer with road noise, even after using several can of rubberized undercoating it's still almost unacceptably loud. This is surprising as they obviously attempted an upscale feel. If you want peace and quiet better get the Acura.

2010 Honda Accord Coupe V6

Mike S, 07/12/2010

We bought a Belize Blue 2010 Honda Accord Coupe from Bryan Honda in Fayetteville, NC on May 31, 2010. We were able to get the car for about $5k under the sticker price, supposedly because Honda is motivated to sell cars. We also got some post-sale options for dealer price, saving us about $150 on options. It pays to ask about a discount on options. The reviews for this model unanimously rate this car as having loud road noise. This is true for our car also, primarily on old/unimproved asphalt/concrete road surfaces. On newer surfaces, it is reasonably quiet. The V6 performs great, even with AC on. Mileage seems good, tho still determining actual mileage. Excellent Bluetooth and radio features

Poor Gas Mileage and Oil consumption

slazar77, 06/27/2014

I have a 2010 Accord V6, and i get anywhere between 14.5 - 15.5 mph. I drive in the city, do not accelerate fast, and only use Shell oil (87, sometimes 89). Tire pressure is always checked. Also, i do burn about 3/4-1 quart of oil about 1,000 miles. The dealership tells me that burning 1 quart of oil between 1,000 and 1,500 miles falls within Honda's guidelines. (Maybe they just changed the guidelines?? No other car seems to have this issue) Anybody experienced same issues. Anybody brought their car to the dealer for an "oil consumption test"? Beware buying this vehicle. It's an awesome car. But if i knew i would get an average of 15 mph, i wouldn't bought something else.

not as reliable as expected

jmsms, 07/04/2014

at 45000 miles began having popping and crunching sounds from the front end especially in hot weather and at 48k took it in to get looked at and was told that the front end ball joints were bad and also that the rear brakes were gone and rotors needed resurfacing. Now reading about Hondas and ball joint failures on the web, but this seems awfully premature. I have not had ball joint issues like this even in cars that I have kept over 100k(no previous Hondas). Some of these failures can be catastrophic. I had thought to keep this car and give it to one of my kids to take to college but now I am not so sure. Apparently a design flaw from what I have been reading.

Disappointed

mstiltner, 04/24/2011

Leased this Honda in Sept. 2010 for 36 months. Just need to commute back and forth to work and one vacation a year. I have owned Honda's in the past and I am disappointed with this Accord. The ride quality and road noise are HORRIBLE! I expected more from Honda and now I'm stuck with a 36 month mistake.

Check Engine Light and Repair costs

capitals1, 10/13/2014

Since this summer, my 2010 V6 Honda Accord has been in the shop for well over 2 weeks. The check engine light comes on and after reading of others' experiences, I just drive it to the dealership before it lets me sit. We have spent a minimum of $700 for each repair. Very disappointed and will not buy a Honda again because I purchased it for reliability and going the distance. My old Dodge gave me 250,000 reliable miles and this car starting having issues a little before I hit 100,000 miles.

V6 Oil Consumption

thechiefusaf, 11/07/2011

This vehicle from day one used oil --The break in oil, used by Honda had to be drained and changed in less than 2000 miles Honda attempted several fixes then says its normal to burn one quart every 1000 miles!! My lawnmower does better than that. My old Toyota with almost 200,000 does not burn oil--It will rust out first. The maintance reminder is a joke as it is suppose to get to 15% before oil changes it never gets below 50% and there is no oil reading on stick. I have checked this on line and its a big problem with Honda as reflected by many many other owners. My plan is to use the Lemon Law and possibly use Chapter 93A in Massachusetts against American Honda.

Outstanding Value

ken117, 05/31/2011

Bought this Accord Coupe EX-L with Nav about eighteen months ago. So far the vehicle has performed without a single issue. Very comfortable. EX four cyl engine is more than adequate and gives about 30 MPG combined. Interior quality, a big thing with me, is very good. With over 15K driven, I have not noticed a single rattle. While some reviews complain about intrusive road noise, I have not noticed any unacceptable noise levels.

Always go with your gut... Love it!

Riley520, 11/03/2009

At first, all I wanted was a Honda Accord Coupe, then I saw the Nissan Altima Coupe. I waited and waited and one day I told my husband to stop at Honda to look at the Honda Coupe to compare the size. Once I sat inside the Honda I was hooked! You can't even compare the Nissan to this car. I love how heavy this car is, how safe I feel in it. Like I said, always go with your gut, and after 18 months of waiting for the Nissan, I ended up with the Honda I wanted originally.

Just got the EX-L V6 Coupe...

Danny Boy, 11/13/2009

After leaving my beloved Honda for Nissan for a period of three years, (biggest mistake of my life), almost a month ago, I was lucky enough to get a 2010 EX-L V6 Honda Coupe. Needless to say, the internet pictures does this car no justice. It's sleek, sexy, practical and inexpensive (in contrast to the other coupes available). Black on Black with the silver door handles is a must for this car...if not silver or the dark grey. The rear seat has just enough room for my son's baby seat and leg room for one more passenger. I still get head turns when I pull up next to people. Honda, I am back!!!

Great Car

Tom M, 03/05/2010

Just rolled over 3000 miles and everything is just right. Went with an Accord for the bulletproof reliability and was pleasantly surprised by the speed, handling, and overall size of the thing. It's a big car, and getting into the back seats is a challenge, but it is very comfortable. The trunk is huge! The gearbox is lazy sometimes and the cylinder deactivation can get really annoying when trying to quickly overtake. Rapidly reengaging all 6 pots to light back up feels like the car is kicking down 3 gears and there is a delay, but only briefly. I recorded 5.6 seconds to 60, which for a relatively heavy and front wheel drive car, is amazing. MPG is about 27 highway, 20 city with a light foot.

Very Hard To Get - But Worth It!

David, 04/04/2010

Finding a 6mt coupe was more difficult than finding Bigfoot. Had to order this car as there were simply none on dealership lots in a 5 state radius. Luckily car was already being built for another dealership, so they traded cars with my dealership, therefore only had to wait 3 weeks for the car to be built. Honda is slowly eliminating manual transmission cars from the US market, so if you want one of these get it while you still can. As frustrating as it was to buy, the end result is a car that is beautiful to look at, comfortable, and lots of fun to drive. Goes like stink (powerful engine), transmission is a joy to shift and the clutch has a natural, progressive take up. Car is a keeper!

2010 Honda Accord EX

Todd, 11/05/2010

As is my want, I did a lot of research prior to purchasing my new Honda Accord. I was somewhat concerned about some of the reviews on this site (and others) dealing with road noise, seat comfort, and premature brake ware. To date I have put 11K miles on the car. I have used the car for a couple of longer (6 to 8 hour) trips, and can say that I found the seat to be comfortable (I am 6' tall, 230 lbs.). Nor has the road noise been bothersome to me. Regarding the brakes, no problems so far. I like the Accord, and though only a four cylinder, it seems to have plenty of acceleration for me and is a pleasure to drive. Nice car, overall.

Nice Ride

Matt_Landers, 11/14/2010

As the title suggests, the Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 is a NICE ride. The 271 HP moves out strong and leaves you with a feeling of confidence when maneuvering on HWY roads. The front fascia has an aggressive presence and while the rear fascia isn't any eye catcher is compliments the car nicely. The leather seating inside is comfortable, however I'm sure some will disagree. Handling is firm and sporty.

My first Honda

Blanca, 11/16/2010

I have owned only Toyotas (corollas and Sienna), this is the first time I bought a 2010 Accord LX sedan, 4 cylinders. The test drive seemed OK. But after a week of driving I notice excessive vibration in the car when braking at low and even worse at high speed. I took it to the dealer and they resurfaced the front rotors. Other thing that I am noticing is the vibration of the front car at idle when the car automatic transmission is in D position.

Excellent Car

BluePearl, 11/20/2010

I bought this car in Aug 2010. I chose Honda because of my experience with a previous 1999 Honda Accord that I still have and still drives like a dream with very little maintenance. The 2010 Accord is also a great car. I love the VCM feature and unlike what other people said, I found it to be super smooth and I do not feel any issue with it. I love the extra power that the 6 cylinder provides and really love speeding up and merging into traffic. After driving this 6 cylinder, I am never going back to 4 cylinders. I am getting very close to 20 mpg in city driving and get as high as 29 to 20 mpg in highway driving. The level of noise inside the cabin is nothing compared to what I expected.

Still love it!

whitegloves, 09/09/2014
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought 7/2010 for mechanical reliability, that's what I've gotten so far. It's at 72,000 miles now, a mix of short city trips, regional freeway driving (some of that is stop and go, after all it's I-5 around Seattle!), multi-state road trips over serious mountain West freeway passes, and 80 mph Idaho straightaways. Only repair has been an "outside transmission switch" at about 40,000 miles that cost under $300 parts & labor at dealer. Engine still snappy and highly responsive and overall handling is as tight and firm as the day I drove it off the lot. Good visibility compared to others in category. Roomy backseat/huge trunk. Fantastic sound system but totally unusable at freeway speeds due to Honda's legendary high level of road noise transmission. Other design mediocrity: headlights weak in intensity and range; seat comfort = meh; heater and AC a bit wimpy; no fuel economy data readout; headrests project too far forward and push your head down (lots of owners turn them around). Overall I love this gutsy, reliable car. Am sad to see the 2018 Accords have a 4-banger only, sit lower to the ground and are tadpole-shaped. No wonder the sedan category is dying!

Excellent daily transportation

boston0259, 01/22/2017
LX-P 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had no problems with this car. Bought it with a certified warranty and only 2,350 miles on the odometer, this car has now taken me over 230,000 miles without any significant repair other than a replacement wheel bearing and standard maintenance like oil, tires, and wiper blades. Easy to drive, good acceleration for a 4 cylinder car. i have no reason to sell this car any time soon. Every time I go in for an oil change, the salesperson will ask me if I'd like to look at a new one. My response "No, Honda should not have built such a reliable car. It doesn't help your sales business"

Reliable and that's about it!

LLBytes, 04/10/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a car that is very reliable and you don't want to worry about break-downs then this is the car for you! I never had any issues with the car other than the breaks which is a known issue. Every year I had to purchase new pads and/or rotors. Thank God I found a trust-worthy repair shop near my house that only charged me $300 to replace the pads and rotors! The engine otherwise was solid. It drove the same and performed the same no matter the weather conditions. I owned this car for 7 years and at year 5 I replaced the battery, which is expected. I had 4 main personal issues with the car. First, the ergonomics were horrible. The head rests were not adjustable and very uncomfortable. The seats were really, really hard and it took too long to find a decent driving position. My back would hurt after driving for 30 minutes. The rear seats in my opinion were a lot more comfortable. Second, the car was too big and it sits really low, which made it hard to parallel park. It's size lead to my third issues which was the performances. This is a large car and it really felt like it. The engine always seemed to struggle and highway passing and merging was a bit tricky. The steering was accurate but very heavy at slow speeds. Everything felt labored with the car and driving took a lot of effort. Lastly, the suspension was too stiff. I like a great handling car just as much as everyone else but this particular model was just too stiff. You can and will feel every bump in the road! Forget about rough roads. I felt like I needed a helmet regularly. The prior model and the subsequent model were light years better than this particular Accord. I like the Accord but due to my very bad experience with this one, I will be very caution about buying another Honda Accord.

Sexy Beast

nairad, 10/25/2013

I love this car. This is the first car I have even owned and it has so far been a perfect match for me. It is sleek and stylish with a very fierce look to it. I bought her used and have so far had no problems. She drive like a champion, and I dare say, quite like a mustang (drove one a lot in drivers ed) . This baby is able to take some fast corners without loosing any traction! Great breaks and the dash is very well organized. I can reach out and instantly know where the button I'm looking for is. I cant wait to test her out in some snow.

2010 Accord LX Sedan - 83,000 miles of reliable tr

Adam Zaharchuk, 11/29/2015
LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very reliable, has needed no mechanical repairs. Only oil & fluid changes, tires and brake pads. Drives and handles great! Very comfortable seating. High quality interior (for the most part). What I don't like: plastic wheel covers chip very easily, and after 83,000 miles, the steel wheels behind the wheel covers are discolored. The window belt molding has been replaced on all four windows as the rubber that was used has basically disintegrated. Unacceptable for a Honda that is only five years old. The paint is also of very poor quality. I have the dark gray color, and gave recently started to notice some very slight oxidation. The paint also chips fairly easily, especially on the front of the car/hood area. The headlight housings are also of poor quality. They have already started to haze up. I am tall (6'3") and when I enter the car, my knees tend to hit the dashboard.

Hidden Gem

jrasero23, 04/16/2014

Odd to say an Accord is a hidden gem, but Honda sells thousands of more 4 door sedans compared to the 2 door coupes, so its easy to overlook the coupe. The coupe is 70% mid size sedan and 30% sports car. No one will ever think the Accord is a sports car, but with its sporty coupe shape, Bentley like back, and aggressive front the coupe looks great. Pair the coupe up with a V6 and you have 271 HP to whip you around. Where the coupe falls short from a sports car is steering which is numb and while the VCM saves gas, acceleration isn't always 100% smooth with the auto. By far the Accord coupe has one of the biggest backs and trunks for a coupe.

started consume oil after 64K miles

Anatoli, 02/29/2016
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2010 Honda Accord EX-L started consume oil after 64K miles and engine started make weird sounds. Honda Dealer said its ok, you can drive it! Never will buy Honda again!

Nice car, really

tc83, 10/04/2009

Purchased the crystal black pearl with black leather. First time Honda owner, it's such an attractive coupe for a single guy with performance, style, comfort, fun, reasonable economy. Love the looks in/out, power, handling, just overall feeling of the vehicle. Negative parts, the rear brakes started to squeal even before 1k and hearing interior rattle noises. Dealer's going to sand down and buff the brakes to fix the noise but that's all they can do for the issue. This is a very common issue with 2008 and up Accords, Honda did find out about the issue but yet to come up with a solution, see what happens. VCM works fine, it doesn't bather me. Really love the strong, smooth 3.5L V6 engine.

Disillusioned

Michael F. Kelly, 08/15/2015
EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most disappointed. At 50,000 problems with coil, not once, but twice before 64,000. Cracked spark plug in addition to front end problems. Perhaps Honda needs to keep manufacturing in Japan or stick to four cylinder engines.

VCM problems

plymouthma, 01/18/2015
EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

@ 40,000 car had fouled spark plugs from oil leak, got software update, then again burned too much oil fouled spark plugs and needed new small engine block @ 70,000. Honda paid for this after class action lawsuit. Now @ 105,000 the catalytic converter gone, I am told converters usually last the life of car unless fouled by oil. Honda won't take any responsibility for it. They have sold me my last Honda.

Thank GOD for Lemon Laws!

santaclaus, 03/20/2012

Purchased the car in early 2010. In August of that same year it spent 12 days in the shop with engine and PCM problems. In December again back to the dealer for PCM problems. In August of 2011 the engine blew up while driving at 30MPH in residential area. At that point Honda refused to continue fixing the piece of crap. I had to go through all the hoops of the Lemon Law process in order to force them to take it back. Owned it for 26 months.....the car was broken for eight of those

Powerful and comfy

Dave, 01/18/2010

I have 2000 miles now, and loving it. The V6 gives effortless acceleration, and very silky smooth sounding. The ride is very comfortable and bumps are well suppressed. However, the road noise is pronounced, but still not bad. The Accord handles better than the Camry. The Coupe styling is much better than the sedan's.

Totally enjoying this car

Marianne, 03/24/2010

Purchased the car in February after much research on many models. Being a super fussy person in general, and particularly with the cars I own, I have to say that I am really surprised that for once, I can say "I really love my car!" Having previously only driven 6 cylinder cars, I was a bit hesitant about purchasing a 4, but I have to say that the difference is barely noticeable and I'm glad I made that choice.

Safe vehicle

jme1281, 05/06/2010

I bought a 2010 Accord V-6 EX-L less than 2 months ago. I loved the car! Then a truck turned in front of me and I was involved in a head on collision. My Accord was totaled. My wife and small child were in the car with me during the collision. We all walked away from the vehicle amazed that we weren't seriously injured. I just bought another 2010 Accord to replace the last one. Now I know what a 5 star crash rating means.

51050