Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews

Used Canyon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...56789...14

Pros
Cons

GMC canyon disapointment

pman, 05/23/2005

I have a vibration at 48-54 mph, which is considered normal by GMC. Fuel mileage with the 4 cylinder averages 15-19 mpg at best. No adjustmets for the seat backs, no exterior key lock for passenger door. not much help from GMC. It's probably the last GMC vehicle I will buy.

Love My Canyon!

woofie, 11/27/2006

What a great truck to run around with and take out hunting! It's a little workhorse and it looks good no matter what we do with it. Consumer Reports doesn't rate this truck well at all but they dont know anything but Toyota,Honda, Nissan etc. Not every truck is perfect, but this truck suits us just fine!

Overall a good truck but has some issues

John, 03/20/2008

This vehicle is a great medium sized truck but there are the usual GM fit and finish issues. The turning radius is ridiculous and cause many parking lot problems. The radio is probably the worst piece of junk I have found in any vehicle.The radio is an easy fix with aftermarket units. The turning radius is not curable. Experienced a few rattles, could be tighter.

Stay away from this vehicle

Geoffrey Couch, 02/23/2017
2dr Regular Cab Z85 SLE 4WD SB (2.8L 4cyl 5M)

Stay away from this vehicle-nothing but trouble since the day I got it for gas mileage electrical travel till finally after only putting 24,000 miles on a used vehicle had a loss of compression and had to scrap the entire vehicle because it would not pass emissions. Had to get rid of it before I even had paid for if it came down to buying another one or riding the bus give me a bus pass stay away stay away cannot speak for all GMC’s Caio this was the only one I ever owned and will never own another one as long as I live

Good All-Around Truck

Dan, 07/22/2008

I traded a 2002 Blazer for my '05 Canyon. The Canyon has great mileage for a 4x4 truck; interstate travel is about 24mpg, 19mpg around town. My 3.5L I-5 does great for fuel but compromises in towing. Pennsylvania winters are no problem, it does great in a lake effect snow storm! At 76,000 I haven't had any major work outside of normal wear and tear. I drive the truck everyday and it fits my lifestyle great, including many outdoor activities. I try to not use it like a work truck. I still get compliments at the gas pump! Speaking for the crew cab, I would highly recommend this truck

1...56789...14