Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews

Used Canyon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

All-new and fun to drive

KangarouxKid, 06/30/2004

This new GMC Canyon fits the need for a good-sized truck with excellent fuel economy. In light of what I believe to be permanently high fuel prices, economy of operation is important. The truck is comfortable and quiet.

Great truck

Goden, 06/22/2006

I've used this truck for hauling and as a daily driver. Great little truck, very smooth 5 speed, comfortable for a bench seat.

Pleasantly Surprised!

cb500rider, 10/09/2005

I've never trusted GM vehicles. I grew up in MIchigan and heard all of the horror stories about the poor quality for my many relations who work or have worked in the GM plants. My last GM car was a 1980 Chevy Monza. I bought the Canyon because of the employee pricing and the five cylinder engine's fuel economy. I have the Z71 SLE Ext cab with bucket seats. The seats are very comfortabe. The ride is high and smooth. The 2WD offroad suspension is great. I drove it down five miles of washboard dirt road at 45mph and couldn't believe the smooth ride. No problems so far, accept the center console creeks when i rest my arm on it. This is probably due to it's thin plastic.

Look before you buy

chevylover1965, 12/14/2005

Overall the truck offers inferior quality, poor towing capability, and poor service from General Motors. The turning radius is horrible, as is the braking system. It is underpowered to the point that the transmission must shift often to maintain speed. The most significant problem is a weak air conditioning system. The air fluctuates between cold and warm. GM is aware of the problem, but does not have a fix.

Love it so far

Jason, 12/22/2007

I have owned my Canyon for a month now and this being my first truck I love it! It has plenty of power and the look is great, only thing I have any sort of problem with is the rear seat is a little shallow but I don't sit there so no biggie. I would recommend this truck to anyone who wants a small truck that has good gas mileage and lots of HP.

12345...14