Used 2005 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews

Used Canyon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Sweet 5 Cylinder-GMC Pickup Truck

angelballs, 02/09/2014
4dr Crew Cab Z71 SLE 4WD SB (3.5L 5cyl 4A)

Bought my truck new in October 2004, This sweet 5 cylinder pickup has served me well on long 1100 mile runs from Florida to Maryland and back as well as 5 and 6 mile trips to buy heavy materials such as sod and mulch, as well as lumber from big box stores. The paint quality is exceptional and day after day in Florida sunshine it is still beautiful after all these years. A dream to drive, it still stirs my soul when I see it sitting in solemn eloquence. My Canyon will be Thirteen years old this October, I have 66,000 miles on her and the Silver Birch paint is still beautiful, (I wax once per year). I drive it 4 or 5 times a week, First truck I ever had a seven year original battery in. Just replaced the second battery with a 5 year one. Like I said when I saw her on the dealers lot, "That sure is a pretty truck", she still looks like a million bucks to me and I drive her 4 to 5 times a week. Just paid $1700 dollars to replace hoses, plugs, and front end work. Now she is "good as new" to me. I can send you a photo if needed.

Stone

Pete Stone, 08/07/2008

I have a 2005 Canyon with off road package and 3.5/5 cyl. eng. I have 46,000 mi on it and it has been a great truck. It rides smooth and has good power. I have a K&N air filter on it, a bed cover and I run full synthectic oil in it. I get 24-26 mpg if I keep it at 70 MPH. I drove it at 65 MPH and got 27.6 which is great. I think for the money it is the best mid size truck out there and I've driven them all. With the V8 option in 2009 no other mid-size truck will be able to touch it. I reccomend the Canyon especially with the Off Road package.

Love It

Zach, 09/08/2009

This truck can do a quarter of a miles in 13.267(average) I love it it burns out fast and the the I5 has 246 hp and its perfect i would love to get the 5.3 v8 but i got it for a great price.

great truck

w biello, 01/16/2010

truck has preformed very well - handles great- 21 to 25 mpg.no problems- dealer mastria buick gmc best dealer i have ever dealt with - service dept great-

Perfect small truck

Andy, 01/06/2006

I have taken this truck across the US twice going from Florida, to Maine, back to Florida, and then to Michigan. I've gotten as much as 24 MPG at 75 MPH with 5 people, and luggage. I hauled a 3000lb trailer from Florida to Michigan with no problems, and got 17 MPG while doing it. No problems on climbing steep hills in Tennesee, or with braking. I love this truck. It is perfectly powered for a small truck. It has also performed excellant during the Michigan winter with it's traction control, even in my steep driveway with snow.

12345...14