Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Great truck until...
By SW

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ran great until about 50000 miles... Then it lost responsiveness when accellerating. Dodge dealer said "No codes, so it must be fine..." I'll be trading it in -- with a different dealer!

An Honest Review
By BrandonL

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Ram 1500 April 25, 2015 in California (I now moved back to Oklahoma). I currently have 172,000 miles on my Ram 1500 and I bought it when it had 97k miles on it. I can honestly say I really do love this truck. I own a junk removal business and I use a 12 ft long trailer and you can imagine that I haul a lot of stuff with my truck. When I was answering the reviews about this truck I couldn't think of much to give it bad reviews on. I think the only thing that bothers me about this truck is the headlights, because they hardly light up the road at night. The other negative about this truck is the navigation kind of stinks. Now for the repairs, I have had to do 3 repairs to this truck. I had 1 fuse replaced, A couple of solenoids in the transmission needed to be replaced at 150k miles, and the camshaft wore out around 150k. Other than that it has been an amazing truck!

2010 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi crew cab
By Bob

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with this lovely beast. I purchased it used last June & I have driven over 20k miles. I have been a Ford man my whole life, but this Ram won me over! I will give you the things I would improve upon first, then more of the good. First off, this is a truck, so it rides rougher than a car & if you are not a truck person, you might not want this truck. I find the steering to be weak in comparison to the F-150. This beast feels amazing going in a straight line, buts lots of body roll on turns. Next, the back seats are just about 2 steps above bleacher seats, lol. Even my 2 little ones want to sit on pillows. Also, the a/c does not really cool the back off that well. Front seats are amazing though. I am about average height 5'9", but I am a brickwall & the bucket seats are wide enough to feel comfortable! Dodge made the center console a shiny silver paint with chrome trim rings. This was asinine! I am going blind during the day! The rest of the console is amazing though. Several charger ports, 2 glove boxes, 2 consoles cubbies. Matter of fact, Dodge did a good job with storage period! Great storage area under the rear seats & 2 storage areas in the rear floorboard area. The brakes are spongey, had the brake fluid flushed & refilled, which helped a tad. When it comes to power though, this truck does NOT disappoint! The 5.7L Hemi can pretend to be meek & mild while cruising, but the moment you give it full throttle, it wakes up and attacks the highway! I have noticed I average about 13-14.5 mpg in town, but I also like hearing the motor, so I get a bit heavy on the throttle sometimes. On the highway, I have seen 22-23 mpg, if I set the cruise at 60 mph, but at 75 mph, she still gets approximately 19 mpg. My wishlist would be for improved handling, better brakes, better rear seats, stronger blower for the rear a/c, & a system like Ford builds into their tailgate for climbing into the bed.

engine issues
By dave S.

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

purchased this vehicle and i have replaced coil packs, injectors, cam on the left side 4 lifters, and will probably be replacing lifters and a cam on the right. do not like that the mirror leds cannot be diy replacement, and the dealership is so freaking expensive 200 hour

STAY AWAY FROM RAM AND FCA
By Christopher Stewart

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Owner has now attempted 3 separate CDJR MOPAR Service Dealers regarding uneven vehicle/frame concerns and/or rear axle concerns.

The first service attempt was with selling dealer Thompson’s CDJR Placerville the following day after vehicle purchase. Owner reported concern with vehicle lean at driver’s front and significant vehicle vibration at highway speeds. Owner did not test drive vehicle on highway prior to purchase. Owner was scheduled for MOPAR service 3 days after purchase.

While waiting for service appointment, owner took vehicle to America’s tire in Roseville. The factory tires were identified to be out-of-round. Owner replaced factory tires with new tires at owner expense. This drastically reduced the vehicle vibration, but not entirely.

When owner serviced vehicle at Thompson’s CDJR, owner updated Service Advisor of tire replacement. The service obtained at Thompson’s CDJR resulted with no work performed and reported vehicle was within factory specs. Service focus was suspension related, mainly control arm distance to ground comparison from left to right control arms. This service department did not assess or inspect the vehicle frame. Service Advisor at Thompson’s appeared disinterested and bothered by owner concern about new vehicle.

The second service attempt was with Folsom Lake CDJR. Owner notified Service Advisor of service at Thompson’s and offered to provide the service report from Thompson’s. This service department resulted in no work preformed and report vehicle was within factory specs. Service focus was, again, solely on vehicle suspension. To their credit, they appeared to assess suspension components more thoroughly than Thompson’s. This service department did not assess or inspect the vehicle frame.

Frustrated with no resolve from MOPAR service, continued vehicle safety issues, and new safety issues arising each day, owner privately scheduled Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System laser frame inspection from MOPAR certified techs at Gamboa’s Body and Frame of Rancho Cordova, CA. Gamboa’s Body and Frame in Rancho Cordova is a MOPAR Factory Certified Body and Frame repair location.

Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System evidenced multiple areas of vehicle frame were out of factory specs. The report findings indicate 8 frame areas outside of factory specs for RAM 1500 Pickup Crew Cab 5.5’ Bed 4WD 2013-2016. 5 out of spec frame measurements are weld-on permanent frame locations. 3 remaining out of spec frame measurements are located at left and right lower control arm bolt locations. These 3 bolt locations are drilled into vehicle frame cross rails which are welded to main frame exterior.

When owner requested bid from Gamboa’s Body and Frame Service Advisor in order to assess cost to resolve frame specs, owner was instructed Gamboa’s was unable to correct vehicle frame to factory specs.

At this time, owner was working with FCA Case Manager Greg, who indicated FCA would reimburse owner for frame inspection and rental car costs. Owner submitted frame inspection report and owner payment invoices for services listed.

Owners third attempt, and third dealer location, for CDJR MOPAR service was with AutoNation Roseville CDJR. This service appointment was at the direction of FCA Case Manger Greg and reported to be the next step following the Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System frame results. Owner scheduled service and documented initial frame concerns, new safety concerns related to rear axle and differential, and additional issues with vehicle (see attached). Owner provided AutoNation service department with copy of Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System laser frame report findings.

Upon owners third attempt at MOPAR dealer service, Service Manager Brian Morrow and Service Advisor Greg Stebbins of AutoNation CDJR Roseville assessed MOPAR service unable to resolve documented frame related issues. Service Manager Brain Morrow contacted FCA Case Manager Jennifer at 1-800-763-8422 ext 40381 to report his vehicle service assessment. To date, owner has no resolve and is unable to operate vehicle safely. This vehicle is owner’s primary transportation and is used for driving owners 4 and 5-year-old children.