Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

THROWN ROD!

inhawaii, 05/26/2013
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 5.7 Hemi with under 80,000 miles. I am the original owner. Car has been well maintained. Oil changes every 3000 miles. Never had any overheating problems. This vehicle has served me well for the past 9 years until about a month ago. Without warning, while going down the freeway, it made a terrible noise. I knew it was something major. The oil light came on. There was a bunch of smoke. I shut the engine off and pulled off the freeway. I could see oil dripping from the engine. After having to towed, i learned there was a hole in the engine block from a thrown rod. After doing some research on the web, i found 100s if not 1000s of cases just like mine.

One great car :-)

scooi29, 04/13/2013
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned my 2004 dodge durango SLT 5.7 Hemi for almost 9 years. I've owned over ten cars in my life and never had a better car than my durango. Only had to replace the battery, and the brakes but that's it. I just hit 100 thousand today and still drives like when I bought it with 8 miles. This car could go for another 100 thousand without a problem!! My sister just got a 2009 ford explorer and that has had more problems than my Durango.

Just bought 14 yr old Durango

Preston, 05/27/2018
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased after looking for several monthes. Found a clean used 04 Durango SLT for a great price. Has 156k miles but ran a Carfax on it and it had the best Service record I had ever seen for a used vehicle. Drives and handles like a new vehicle considering it’s age and miles. Gas mileage is not great but I bought for comfort and it fits that bill perfectly.

Best vehicle I've ever owned

cglietz, 03/04/2013
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own an SLT 5.7L HEMI V8 4X4. Absolutely LOVE IT!! I bought mine in 2008 with 76,000 miles on it. It looked and ran like brand new. In my 5 years of ownership all I've had to replace is routine stuff. Battery, tires, brakes, serpentine belt, trans pan gasket at 110,000 due to small leak ($75). I have 151,000 miles on it and it runs the same as the day I purchased it. Only complaints: CD player stopped working and rust on rear tailgate by handle. I pull a large boat every summer with it also. I had a severe 50mph accident couple years ago in snow which smashed the entire passenger side. Not a scratch on me and drove the vehicle to repair shop. Extremely safe and reliable vehicle!!!

Ticking Time Bomb

danfrommass, 12/03/2012
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Stay away crom this vehicle. After 70,000 miles, engines will throw a rod and destroy the engine block. The Hemi 5.7 are notorious for this. You have been warned!!!! Google "hemi engine failure". A new engine + installation will run over $7,000.

Owner of a 2004 Dodge Durango SLT 5.7 Hemi

durango_owner, 08/10/2014
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a former Marine that purchased my durango brand new on September 1st 2004, with only 18 miles. It has been a truly excellent ride for nearly 10 years. I have put over 227800 miles on this truck, the only thing The first major repair is when I replaced the EGR valve which was three years ago. Didn't do schedule maintenance on time, may have went an additional 2000 miles before changing the oil, transmission fluid. etc. Now after 10 years I was told that my transmission needed to be replaced, I have read all the complaints others have experienced But I only will purchase American cars except Fords. I won't be buying a Dodge Durango SUV do to the change in body style it's too femin

5.7 Hemi is a lemon Crysler will not recall or rebate replacement

mattalderson, 06/12/2013
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have a 2004 durango slt 5.7L with a hole in the block. This car was extremly well maintained. The car eats roters, has had never ending electrical problems and spun a main bearing at 160000 mils. It has never missed an oil change, the oil comes out as clean as it was put in. Crysler will not recall this problem or rebait the replacement. After serching for a replacement I have found that this seems to be a very very common problem with the 5.7, 4.7, and the 6.0.. Do not Buy A Dodge Durango or any Mopar Hemi with out asking or resurching this motor. I have lost 8,000.00 dollers on this vehical. I will never buy a Mopar again!

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

daboyds, 04/24/2011
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered my 2004 Durango while stationed overseas in Germany. It was shipped to me there from the U.S., and we used it for 2 years traveling all over Europe. We then shipped it back to the U.S. and then to Australia where we used it in the middle of the Australian Outback with the extreme heat, red dirt and dust. We've recently moved back to the U.S. again and we still have our Durango and have never had any issues with it at all. Matter of fact, we've only had it in the shop for routine maintenance. This vehicle has been from the cold in Russia/Europe to the heat of the Australian Outback with out any issues at all. We just LOVE it it!!!

Can't afford to keep it on the road!!

Jessica, 10/22/2015
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is sleek and the Hemi is awesome but that's as far as the perks go. We have only had this vehicle for 2 years and already had to replace the transmission and head gasket. Now having issue with coolant system. Have already had water pump repaired and the check engine light is on again. Was out of commission and in the shop more than on the road, at least we had the warranty on it. Replaced waterpump, thermostat twice, head gasket, blower motor, transmission all in a years time. Its so pretty sitting in the driveway but not reliable for any type of driving. Will never buy another Dodge and am currently in the market for a different make of SUV.

Good SUV overall

Tina, 04/25/2010
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our SLT new and I love it to this day! It drives like a sedan, the sound system is great, hemi is very powerful. Sometimes it seems to get confused with the gear switch but no mayor issue. I didn't have any issues with that but the hubby did. It did have one major issue with some computer panel. The engine stalled in the middle of drive a couple of times and another time it lost power and started to drive bumpy while a bunch of dashboard lights came on. Of course that happened right after the warranty ran out. Lately we've had a clicking sound in the motor (not always) that turns off after a while. I hope it's not a new trend with all the little fix it's. It's only got 50,000 miles

Love my Durango

L Parker, 01/06/2005
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Handles very well, 22 mpg hwy Hemi with 3:55 Rear Axle, 16mpg in town. Tows my 6000 Boat with no effort, the Tow Mode is great. Just towed back from VA a 6X12 Uhaul about 3500 lbs 16 MPG and no effort. Just a great vehicle, too bad most Dodge Dealers are so in the 80's. I think they pass out 5 star ratings to anyone.

Don't by a Durango

Sue Able, 07/11/2004
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my new durango to the dealer numerous times for an air conditioning problem. They can not fix it and just give me back my car. Now I am have electrical problems. Sometimes my car will not go into PARK it says park but when you let off the brake he goes in reverse. Very hazardous!!!!

worse suv i have ever owned cars included

justthiz0, 09/05/2015
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had trouble from day one engine light came on the next day after purchase. The dealer said it was a relay switch which they tried to fix six times has never passed inspection six I had it over three years. Put it in the shop first shop said transmission second opinion was in the shop for a month trying to figure it out slot of broken wires and even he sent the truck out do other repairs he said he never seen anything like this before and he does transmissions. 950. 00 later I'm praying that's it oh and don't let it rain runs like crap never go to family dodge down essington by the airport.

2004 Durango Limited - Great SUV for the money

Tom Herd, 01/22/2018
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2019 - my Durango has 247,459 miles and still going strong. My Durango is now 14 years down the road - still in great condition - except small area of rust on driver's side rear wheel well, and I've seen this on a number 2004 Durango's - could be a minor defect in water deflection, directing it to that specific area. Overall - a great vehicle - great in snow or rain, comfortable on long drives and reliable Vehicle sold 2020

Love my Durango

Durango Man, 11/09/2004
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV since a 1985 Chev Blazer disaster. (it lived up to its name and caught on fire) I have had several Dodge Ram trucks and have a 2004 regular cab now plus my Durango. This is my first 4 by 4 ever and so far I love it. It is by far the quietiest vehicle I have ever owned (and I have owned probably 45 new ones in my life time). I had a hemi in my Dodge Quad cab I traded in and really wanted a hemi but none were availabe so I settled for the 4.7 and am satisfied with it. . Since I don't tow, the 4.7 engine is more than adequate for this fine machine. It accelarates very well and runs smoothly.

Awesome!! just bought it recently looked like a 2010

godisgood7, 02/12/2012
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We honestly saw this beauty on the lot and I swore they were lying to me. The way it smelled, drove looked I thought it was a 2010 model. Unbelievable. Drives so smooth and love that HEMI!!! We have 3 kids and this is perfect for them and all the things we do. We are getting ready to go to the snow next month and look to have a blast!!! We test drove, the BMW X5, Grand Cherokee, Toyota Rav, Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, Ford Taurus Suv, Hyundai Santa Fe,Nissan Xterra, Dodge by far was the most impressive and funnest to drive and enjoy. Just exceeded expectations. I am trading in my eclipse for a dodge car next so we have 2 Dodge's. Grab life by the horns!! Go Dodge!!

Why doesn't the engine last long

JR, 10/06/2015
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 04 dodge durango 5.7 slt 8 cylinder yes it burns alot of gas but i love my truck problem also they rott very fast ..my main problem I jus got an engine 2 yrs ago cost over $2,500 now i need another very absurd and these warranties don't last more than 6 months to a year..Most people keep telling me just junk my truck its not worth it shakin my head

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

connielou, 04/26/2012
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Durango used in 2006 with less than 20000 miles on it and regret it. It has been a complete piece of junk! Overheats constantly even after replacing thermostat & cooling fan, differentials went out after a couple of years, CD player doesn't work, 3rd row seat literally came detached from the floor, cheap plastic interior has multiple cracks. Only gets 12 miles per gallon. Very dangerous blind spot in front. When I turn on the front window defroster, the power steering belt slips and makes a loud squeal and I lose power steering. This thing is only 8 years old! I have read multiple reviews with these exact same issues. Do not buy this vehicle!!!

Been a great family workhorse

Dan, 07/17/2010
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I have always been proud of our family-vehicle-and-workhorse-in-one. Unlike most SUV owners, we know what the "U" stands for. Aside from one problem with a transmission module in the early years, and unfortunate cheap plastic construction on ext. and int., this vehicle has been worth every dime. We haul livestock and farm materials. We vacation. We commute. We shop. We're still making payments, though, but that's ok, because we plan to own this vehicle forever. Glad to see West Virginia law enforcement has made good use of the Durango for their fleets. It's a shame that we'll never see another SUV like this again, especially since Daimler dumped the Chrysler money pit.

Disappointed

AndreaH , 03/31/2005
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been disappointed with my 2004 Durango which I bought after an excellent experience with a 2000 Durango, which I traded in. Although the passenger comfort is much better the model seems to have big problems. I needed a front differential replaced at 7000 miles and just had the battery cable recall work done, as the car was intermittently not starting. Shame that the utterly reliable old Durango has lost so much quality in being "upgraded". I'm trying to get the dealer to buy it back from me and give me my old 2000 back!

Best car I have ever owned

rango2004, 11/02/2003
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought a new Durango from Manhattan Dodge and the second I took it for a test drive i knew that this car was something special. Handling is extremely crisp and accurate, while the braking is also responsive and quick which makes this the perfect city SUV. After getting a chance to drive it on an open highway I was equally impressed with the performance and power. The suspension is the best I have ever seen in an SUV and the combination of power and handling makes it feel like I am driving a car. The cargo room is also extensive. I am looking forward to a lifetime of happiness with my new Dodge.

I like this Durango

avg, 12/07/2003
ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, I just bought this vehicle yesterday. Driving it home, I find it to be very comfortable, smooth, and a quite ride. It's a base model, however, it comes standard with many features that you would normally have to pay extra for. It has a v6 but it seems to have plenty of power going up a hill.I bought this for my wife to replace a 95 Voager. I'm very happy with it and hoping that my wife will too. It's fun to drive. Is there a manufacturer rebate on this model? We were told that there weren't any.

What a piece of garbage

bhoffman, 12/12/2005
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My only hope is to warn others to look closely at this vehicle before purchasing. Two weeks after I brought it home, the electrical system burned out. After that, it was recalled for a sticking throttle. Following that, it developed a water leak which eventually led to moldy carpet padding. It took my dealer nearly 6 months to track it down. The transmission has been in for repairs 7 times! It's still not right! Unfortunetly, I was unable to invoke the lemon law on this one becuase I waived my rights as I bought it as a true employee purchase (through my father).

Overall, great Experience

Matt B, 04/05/2008
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was raised with practicality in mind when it comes to vehicles- ignore brand loyalty, just buy the best option available. The Dodge is very reasonably priced for the vehicle you get. Make sure your dealership has great customer service ratings though- our engine made a ticking noise before warming up after 2 years. Dealership told us 'all Durangos do that. It took us threatening to tell media of problem for them to agree to look into issue again. Exhaust manifold had warped because of impurities in metal. Fixed that problem- after another service, was making rattling noise- dealership hadn't completely tightened part. The vehicles has been perfect, it's the cust service w/ problem.

used but new to us

kelleyb, 07/02/2017
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just brought 04 Durango limited with all bells and whistles for under 7000. with 137000. In my 30 yrs of marriage to a ford guy,I stuck to my guns when buying this sweetie. LUXURY ABSOLUTELY !!! you name it, she has it.. Hubby argued wanted a another Ford, since Ford Explore engine seized. Nope I told my hubby my money my pick. car dealership had all the recall fixed by dodge technician before it came home with it. Most importantly I just brought a small used ero lite camping trailer and we needed SUV to pull it. The former owner took real good care of it. She did put some over sized tires on it, which make you think climbing into truck. love height and underneath clearance. safety for everyone riding in it. With grandkids and elderly parent that goes long way with me. We have had Nissan, Ford, Eagle, Chevy, Miata(still have) GMC all driven into the ground. But this is dream come true for this old woman. Can't wait to take to w/ trailer to Yellowstone next spring for our 30 anniversary .

2004 Durango 5.7/V-8 HEMI

Desert Raven, 06/25/2010
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We love the third row seating, the one feature we miss since we traded in our 04 Pilot on our Ridgeline. So last September we traded our Neon in on the Durango. I had gone to look at Pilots (better MPG) but the best deal I could find was the Durango. Since our purchase, we have averaged 19.0 MPG, driving all over Southern California. We take our Durango everywhere.

windows

you're kidding, 06/16/2004
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the worst vehicles I have owned. You cannot open the windows with other people in the car, it feels like your head is going to explode. Sometimes it feels and sounds like a helicopter is hovering you. If you are by yourself you cannot have more than 1 window open because it's the same thing and for $36000. I expect a little more from a car and also this problem has been going on for at least 5 years from the reviews I've read while researching this. Shame on Dodge this is inexcusable.

engine failure

Doug, 04/12/2018
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 5.7L engine in my 2004 Durango with 98,000 miles failed (bent or broken rod) upon startup and must be replaced at ~$7000. Based on research this is a common problem with this engine. Loved the vehicle and loyal to Dodge prior to this problem. Not likely to buy another dodge

durango limited with HEMI

jv1234567, 03/07/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, and is a good solid workhorse

NOT BAD LOOK FOR BETTER 2005

BRO, 06/04/2004
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

FIRST SUV I'VE OWNED. SO FAR SO GOOD. I HAVE THE HEMI AND LOVE THE POWER. RECENT VACATION TRIP 1200MILES ROUND TRIP WITH LUGGAGE ON TOP AND PERFORMED BEAUTIFULLY! CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FUEL ECONOMY. BOUGHT MAINLY TO TOW MY WIFE'S CRV SO GOT THE TOWING PACKAGE. WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS WORKS OUT. ALL IN ALL NOT A BAD SUV, BUT LOOK FOR BETTER IN 2005

Horrible Blind Spots! Bad with Car Seats

cwgrlup726, 12/18/2006
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The A-frame on the Durango is horribly placed. It causes a huge blind spot for the driver. They say it is for better stability during a rollover accident, which you will definitely need because you can't see where you're driving! It is also an extremely tight fit for carseats. If it will be placed behind either of the front seats, you will need to pull that seat very far forward to make it fit (which doesn't make for an easy ride up front.) Not a problem unless you have 2 kids in carseats! My Durango depriciated $25,000 in 2 years! Never again will I buy one of these and I am making sure everyone I know hears about it.

Not Sure if I will buy a Dodge again

My Red Durango, 08/01/2007
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Durango and I traded it in due to mechanical problems. I purchased my 2004 Durango. The check engine light has come on 3 times in the past two years and each time it comes on, it costs me more than $200 to fix it. I drove a Ford Expedition for 5 years and never had a single problem with it. I think I am switching back to Ford for reliability

2004 Was A Good Ol' SUV!

Mary Beth, 07/19/2019
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm going to cry when I give up my classic 2004 Durango. Best vehicle I ever owned. I've had her since 2004, and she is still going strong today, although I do have to refresh my a/c tomorrow. She's just now starting to go clunky on me. Loved the way she looked with her rounded edges and pick-up-and go! Bought her from a divorced guy in 2006 with 50,000 miles on her, and I paid 10,000. I was lucky. Hate to have to get a small car, but it's all I can afford - will miss her terribly! Great job Dodge, wish I could afford one of your cars now! Waaaah!

Redesigned '04 Durango

lcphotos, 12/01/2003
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

To say that the '04 Durango is redesigned is an incorrect statement. It is my opinion that they built a brand new vehicle and named it the Durango. The body is wider, longer, taller. The suspension reminds you of a Mercedes. You don't realize that you are driving a 5000lb SUV. The nose is dropped and shorter than the previous years giving you a better view of the road and parking areas. Over the holidays, 4 adults traveled extremely comfortably with the back full of luggage. We have the 5.7l Hemi with the 4x4/AWD and our trip to the mountains of North Carolina and thru the snow was a breeze.

Yeah, it's got a HEMI!

zeroshampton, 01/15/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned 2 Chevy Tahoes and a Trailblazer in the past, but none of them can come close to the comfort, handling, performance, or price of my new Durango. I noticed that Edmunds website doesn't list the HEMI engine as an avilable option, but believe me, it makes all the difference in the world when it comes to performance.

Horrific Brakes / Cheap Interior

Steveman, 11/19/2005
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The truck has been back to the dealer 5 times for the brakes. They have replaced the front rotors twice, but re-surfaced (worthless) them the other 3 times. Every time they treat me like I've been abusing the brakes, and they're doing me a favor by fixing them again. I've called DC's 800 number, and they're worthless, referring me back to the dealer. For the record, I've never even made a panic stop with the truck. I try to "baby" the brakes at all times. For the record, I'm a Kenworth owner/operator, pulling very heavy loads daily, and know more than the average driver about "saving brakes". I'll never own another Chrysler product. This is the 2nd time I've been burned by them.

Impressed so far

jbrillo, 03/26/2004
Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Never considered a Dodge(bad experience with a '92 Dodge)till I did a lot of reading and decided to give them a second chance. Very comfortable and very easy to drive. Suprisingly quiet. Running boards a must.I gave fuel economy a 7 b/c my former car,a modified '99 Mustang,averaged about 17- MPG. Durango doesn't represent a big change. Only got 157mi so far, but the avg. fuel economy says 14MPG. Should get slightly better in time. I gave 10's on build quality & reliability, but these are still pending. Ratings not accurate till I get more drive time & miles behind it. For now, they'll get a 10.I plan on giving periodic updates.

MUST PURCHASE THE HEMI !

mbrady3667, 05/08/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

IF YOU DRIVE IT YOU WILL BUY IT. YOU ALSO HAVE TO GET THE HEMI ENGINE OPTION.

Guess who's back

seldomnseen, 08/21/2004
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My new Durango is the fastest suv that i've ever drove. THe hemi motor just gives it the power like no other. The ride is smooth, the turning radius is great and the added size is exactly what this suv needed. The 50/50 split thrid-row seat is great and allows for more passengers or cargo. The heated seats, dvd, six disc in-dash changer is the ultimate package.Also, the tow package is everything a truck lover wants. The new exterior design was great for the survival of this suv.

my rating of the 2004 durango

stefanie, 10/17/2004
SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 dodge durango for the 2004 one. I have had a lot of problems with it since. I had to have the battery replaced already and it only has 5000 miles. The check engine light came on so I took it to the dealership, they say they can't find anything wrong with it. It shakes really bad when idling. The noise level is deafening. It sounds like your in a helicopter with 1 window rolled down driving 60mph. My car shakes when you get up on speed driving down the highway.There is no problem with traveling in this SUV. I do kinda wish that I didn't trade my 2003 durango in, I never had any problems with it. Maybe it will grow on me.

Finally a quality Durango

Sg, 02/08/2005
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a several different SUVs over the years and 2 older model Durangos. They always rode rough and felt and looked low quality. Now this Durango rides awesome, noise level is great, and feels sturdy and tight in the corners. I love it.

2004 dodge durango

coolsamuel1123, 01/12/2012
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

hello every one i just got a used 2004 dodge durango in dec of 2011 i have had a month know and have put over 2500 miles on it and i love it every mile that i drive it the ride is very nice

Solid Performer

Scott D, 06/03/2008
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Primary vehicle purchased to pull a 6,000 boat. Comfortably hauls 6 people plus gear and the hemi pulls the boat well. Fun to drive. This vehicle has character and I'd buy another one.

Dependable SUV

maeich1, 12/20/2007
ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Durango for just about 4 years now and I am getting ready to trade it for a crossover. My Durango has been very dependable and gave us lots of room for the kids plus. My only complaint is the limited visability on the left side of the front windshield die to a bulky frame. As with all large SUV's, the Durango get terrible gas milage. I have always consistently averaged 13 mpg. But overall I have loved the truck. If you need the space of a large SUV it's a great choice.

American power and steel

Mark , 12/27/2008
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We love the power and steel that protects us and moves our wounderful Durango limited. The kids love the great sounding DVD and we love them loving it. The comfort and style are great. The sure footed feeling in all conditions make it fun to drive year round. The gas MPG are not bad at all for what you get in return. We see 21- 22 hwy at 65-70 MPH and 19.5-21 MPG at 73-78 MPH. add in town and we average about 16.5 MPG. The only real change would be adding the lift gate rear window to unlatch for loading small item. We like it better than the Tahoe/yukon. 7/8 the size and much more fun to drive.

Comfortable and reliable

Connie, 01/27/2009
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Durango I have owned and I would definitely buy another. I recently just had the first mechanical problem I've had with either. The power steering got metal shavings in it which broke the pump and had to be replaced. Because I purchased an extended warranty that covered the pump it cost me $300. I have had many cars and this is by far the most comfortable. The stereo is nice, the heated and power seats are great, and there is plenty of room for my entire family. The powerful engine is nice too, but I wish it got better gas mileage. It's not much worse then the 04 Pilot I owned, however.

King Of The Road

RAYROC, 12/28/2007
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Runs well, although engine isn't as solid as i'd like it to be and the driver compartment is very noisy at higher speeds.

Excellent Choice!

golfgti47, 08/26/2009
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought my Durango used. I am single and don't actually need this vehicle but I have since found it so useful! It tows my 6000 pound car trailer with ease, even with 3.55 gears in my Hemi. Power is great and is always available, I average about 13/18 but if I want to take it easy I can easily get 21-22 MPG on the highway. I only wish the 2nd row had more legroom but the 3rd row easily has the Tahoe beat for overall comfort and space. Overall this vehicle was an excellent buy! It looks great, drives great and has just about every feature I could want! At 101K miles it still feels like brand new! I highly Recommend this car! Dont buy any other till you atleast test drive this car!

Awesome SUV

manolito31, 09/21/2009
SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the best SUV I've ever driven (and I've driven Land Cruisers, Montero Sport, Montero, Murano, CR-Vs, Rav4s, Ford Explorers.) It's so quiet, pretty solid, pretty good off-road, all though I haven't been able to get more than 12 MPG in the city, I still recommend this vehicle for everyone looking for an spacious car for the family and pretty good on long trips.

Yeehaaaa

JAT, 10/28/2009
Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Yes it is hard on gas, show me a SUV full size able to tow 8500 lbs that is not. Still better than my pops 85 two door chev. Stay away from Dodge service if possible, lots of local mechanics have the computer diagnostic available. No issue as of yet, just loving it. Kids love the whole dvd thing, wife loves being high up and safe thing, I love knowing I can pass at anytime.

12345...6