Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

4.7 L V8 Not listed
By Trooper

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Buy the 4.7L. The 6 is just not powerful enough. That said, I had ONE issue over 100,000 miles. I had to repair the parking brake. At 105K I replaced the waterpump. As an aside, there is a ton of room under the hood if you do your own repairs. I didn't even have to remove the radiator to get the water pump out! I drive off road and tow a trailer. Both are no problem for the Dak (W/4.7L) At 128K there is rust starting under the paint on the front lower drivers door and the classic 3rd brake light hole rust, also not through the paint, yet. Get the 60/40 bench seat. My brother has the buckets and the console lid has no padding and sucks to drive for any length of time. The bench also allows you to haul 3 adults if you need to. The rear "seat" is a package shelf for your subwoofer and jacket. THe 4wd works very well in the mud as well as rain on the highway. The drivers seat left bolster is going to collapse after 80K. If you live in the south, you're going to have to repaint the black trim on the cab after 2014. So far, this truck has been excellent so, of course, in 2005

love my truck
By Mark Mac

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

get a carfax to be sure never wrecked

Great long lastingvrid
By Romm romm

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

2004 with 210,000 miles and running like day one

My Smooth Dakota
By Nigel Key

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2004 Dodge Dakota for 13 years haven't gave me any trouble handle against other trucks. good with towing capacity is wonderful when I move. this truck has Powerful speed for a magnum 3.7 v6 I'm not going to sale or get rid of mine it Don't burn that much gas I've Recently got it painted Back to The same Color.

My Blue Beastie the 04 Dakota 4.7 5 speed 4X4.
By warchild_50

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Before the Canyon and Colorado there was only Dodge's Dakota. I bought mine used since then it has been through the ringer. Still roars when prodded,nimble when needed and a brute in torque
that is able to pull the eye teeth out of a medium Dinosaur!! A very capable grocery getter and docile enough to get to church on time.

Powerful 4.7 Magnum mod motor, gobs of torque. Gas MPG is what else poor to wow are you kidding me!! Hey it IS a truck,yes? Shift with locking the hubs yippeee!! 5 Speed is silky smooth though highway noise comes through loud and clear.

Better noise quiting. Do the back of the cab have doors now, they should. Maybe a Pre-runner type would be offered.