Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

love my truck
By Mark Mac

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

get a carfax to be sure never wrecked

Great long lastingvrid
By Romm romm

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

2004 with 210,000 miles and running like day one

My Smooth Dakota
By Nigel Key

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2004 Dodge Dakota for 13 years haven't gave me any trouble handle against other trucks. good with towing capacity is wonderful when I move. this truck has Powerful speed for a magnum 3.7 v6 I'm not going to sale or get rid of mine it Don't burn that much gas I've Recently got it painted Back to The same Color.

My Blue Beastie the 04 Dakota 4.7 5 speed 4X4.
By warchild_50

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Before the Canyon and Colorado there was only Dodge's Dakota. I bought mine used since then it has been through the ringer. Still roars when prodded,nimble when needed and a brute in torque
that is able to pull the eye teeth out of a medium Dinosaur!! A very capable grocery getter and docile enough to get to church on time.

Powerful 4.7 Magnum mod motor, gobs of torque. Gas MPG is what else poor to wow are you kidding me!! Hey it IS a truck,yes? Shift with locking the hubs yippeee!! 5 Speed is silky smooth though highway noise comes through loud and clear.

Better noise quiting. Do the back of the cab have doors now, they should. Maybe a Pre-runner type would be offered.

Love my Dakota!
By sixatbat

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I have the 4.7 V-8 with 110k on it and it keeps up with the big trucks with no problem. It handles better than all other trucks I have driven. It's very roomy and I was surprised with the amount of room it has in the back seat with the quad cab! 4x4 is great, I've already pulled out a jeep and an s-10 out of the mud. My only complaint is the fuel milage. I get about 14.5 mpg combined city and highway. It's better than most full size trucks though. If you want a truck that has the compactness of a mid size truck, but the power and capability of a full size truck, get the Dodge Dakota.