Used 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Pacifica for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great driving experience!

twistedtoes, 02/23/2014
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I, for the life of me can't understand why Chrysler stopped building such a great driving experience of the Pacifica. I'm totally amazed at how well this piece of equipment handles itself on the highway as well as in town. It's not sluggish when you want to pass another car and the fact that it's interfaced with Mercedes - Benz technology only adds to the driving experience. I just paid mine off, so the ride just got better!

Please start making the Pacifica again!

Russ, 10/04/2010
Limited 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a 2007 base model for our son to tour with his band and we had been looking for a late model Pacifica for a while ourselves. A loaded Limited fell into our laps. We could not have been more pleased. Ride is great. Seats and all the adjustments and memory are required for us with me 6-4 and wife 5-4 although I don't give up the driving duties much. It is our long distance car and I love to drive it. Chrysler HAS to reintroduce this car!!

Sad to see this baby go

jtg1961, 03/05/2009
Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is the second Chrysler Pacifica I've owned. I was happy with my 05 but wanted to upgrade to the 08 with 4.0L engine and 6 spd transmission. The difference with the extra power and smoother shifting is incredible. Too bad they didn't get it right initially but they have it right now, just in time to discontinue the line. What a shame, this is one of the best vehicles Chrysler has ever made. I bought one of the last of the 08 model year and hopefully it'll last a long time. The lifetime powertrain warranty should ensure that it does.

Love my Pacifica

Hunts, 08/06/2010
Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I own two Chryslers; one pacifica and one pt cruiser. I adore my pacifica so much. When we heard they weren't making them anymore we turned in our 2006 model for an upgraded Touring 2008. I can't even compare the two cars because they are so different. This is definitely my favorite car i have ever owned and love the comfort and feeling of safety traveling with my family. i hope it lasts forever, or they decide to start making them again. I wish both my cars were pacificas.

I was foolish enough to get rid of 2004...

chinatown, 10/27/2013
Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had thought it was using oil. However, I later found out that it is normal with these cars as the lighter weight which improves the mileage is the reason. Oh well. Anyway an earlier post indicated the MP3 problem. I also experienced same. I later found this solution, after I had traded it in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=294TFX3b5-A Hope this is viewed by the current owners.

So far, so good.

cstrait37, 06/21/2008
Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Got out of a lease on a 2005 Grand Cherokee (HEMI) and moved to more space, better MPG. Got 0% 60 months and a GREAT deal because of edmunds.com Wife loves the 6 sp tranny and the 4.0 L combined with the AWD. Signature Series a MUST! GREAT CAR! Downside: Anyone in the CT area should NEVER deal with Action Motors of Danbury, CT. Not enough space to explain all. For instance got out of the Jeep (gave it to the dealer), 2 months later we get calls from a collection agency asking for the balance of $$$ owed on the Jeep. Dealership never paid it off. 3 weeks and a LOT of phone calls later, it was taken care of. They are a MEAT MARKET. You are just a number at Action Motors. Go elsewhere.

Safe & Beautiful

Sandi, 05/26/2008
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car for its high safety rating. We are tall people (5'9 6'3") and can fit very comfortably in the front and second row seats. The gas mileage we get is not very good. This is our one disappointment. The extras (which came standard on this model) are outstanding.

It Saved My Wife's Life

Mark G, 11/19/2009
Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife has driven 3 of these vehicles, 2004, 2006 and now the 2008 Touring W P Chrysler Edition. The car is one of the safest vehicles on the road and it built like a tank with Mercedes technology. My wife was rear ended (high speed)in a mulitiple car pile up on the freeway 5 months after getting the car and then hit a second time. She walked away without a scratch or bruise and the car survived quite well !! Why stop building this car? We would have bought them forever! Maybe decisions like this is why Chrysler went bankrupt. This car was heavily influenced by Daimler and was the best product to come out of their influence.

Comfort Plus

Delores C Daundivier, 04/02/2008
Touring 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great for over 65 folks as it is comfortable and spacious. Very nice crossover. Room to travel long distances plenty of room for everything and easy on tired old bones

A problem no one can fix

Bob, 01/08/2010
Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

When first starting my 2008 Pacifica, it sounds like the starter remains engaged with the flywheel for a few seconds. More so when cold than subsequent attempts. Starter replaced, problem not solved. Dealership is now saying the power steering fluid maybe thickening up due to the cold weather and the power steering maybe causing noise. Find this hard to believe for a car with less than 25k (or at all). Had other problems (tie rod, brakes, rattling noise in the interior) since purchasing vehicle with 18+k miles on it. Too many for a such a newer vehicle in my opinion.

51050