2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica Hybrid model:

Amazed more people don't buy....whats not to like?
By Jason L

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

We have always had big 4WD vehicles like Yukon XL Denali, Suburban, or Navigator but recently moved to the Pacific NW and no longer needed the 4WD. My wife was 100% against a minivan, and we were shopping for a newer SUV but with gas more expensive up here and on the way up, we were looking at midsize SUVs where the 3rd rows were not up to previous expectations. We didn't want a car payment so I didn't want to spend too much. I got her to look at a new 2018 Odyssey and she loved it after the drive, however typical car lot tactics made us run away from the dealer (I have bought probably 20 new vehicles, most never setting foot in except to sign paperwork when deal was done). She decided she liked the Pacifica look better, but I was vary wary of buying a Chrysler product due to resale....look at one of their vans after a year on the gas side. I told her if we were going with Pacifica, it was going to be the Hybrid because she does a lot of city driving where the 33 mile electric range would be optimal and with the 7,500 tax credit a limited hybrid was actually cheaper than a gas limited. We drove 6.5 hours to find a deal on one and drove it back home. The outside look is pretty please for a minivan. The inside is top notch, everything inside is surprisingly great..very functional and comfortable. It handles great, smooth powertrain, does not feel like you are in a van at all, its more like a luxury car feel. The technology in this thing is great from the lane departure assist to the auto bright headlights, blind spot, collision mitigation, heated and cooled seats...it has it all. Top that off with 30 mpg when battery is discharged, to using no gas when battery full and I think this will save lots on fuel for how we use it. Wife has zero regrets on the trade in, she loves it so far. Some things to keep in mind..the battery when fully charged says up to 33 miles before gas engine kicks in....when gas kicks in its seamless and you wouldn't notice unless looking for it, so you dont have to plug it in or worry about charging stations. For the tax credit, research on your own but you have to have a 7,500 tax liability for the year to get the full 7,500 federal credit....so if you only had a liability of 5,000, you can only get 5,000 credit. Reliability is my concern at this point...how long will everything last and keep working. The hybrid warranty is surprisingly good.

Mini Van, Maximum Value!
By Rev. Nick F.

I had a Ford Fusion Energi PHEV Hybrid with just 7 cubic feet of trunk space, and a EV range of 20 Miles, I trade the soon to be discontinued (in 2020) Ford Fusion Energi for a Chrysler Pacifica Limited PHEV Hybrid and what I got was over 90 cubic feet of cargo area, seating for 7 people, true EV range of 33 Miles, all the options the Fusion had and more with the entertainment Blueray DVD player and zoned A/C front heated/A/C seats, 360 camera views, and it drives better than the Ford ever did, both had park assist why anyone would pick anything else to save the world, and their pocket books is beyond me since I got a $1,000 dollar dealer savings off MSRP and a $7,500 Dollar Federal tax Credit and A check for $2,500 from my states (Texas TERP) clean air incentive for buying a PHEV for a total of $11,000 dollar saving, in all the MSRP was over $50,000 dollars with my trade and dealer incentives I paid $33,000 cash to dive this fantastic cost saving Chrysler, FCA got this right they are ahead of all the others with this high MPG, Space, and luxury features, anyone looking for a PHEV could not want more bang for the bucks.