Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Money pit

busymom, 07/22/2010

Bought used at a dealership, had low mileage at the time. One thing after another has gone wrong. I can't even remember all I have had to replace. I am now told that there is "something" draining my battery, but it will cost too much to find problem. Now at 100,000 miles, transmission going out, gas gauge does not work, auto door lock/unlock on key ring stopped working, and air conditioning going out. I am looking for another car to replace this one. Major money pit! Will never buy another again, or any other Chevy vehicle. Left bad taste in my mouth and wallet.

Be careful!

ArtisticInAZ, 10/05/2010

Lots of repairs! Had to put in a new engine around 80K. Brakes, AC compressor, plus many other minor repairs. The last major cost were new computers (it has TWO!) Apparently it is a manufacturing error and we are now waiting for money back from GM. At first we thought it was the transmission (be sure it's not- expensive!); had that checked out and it was fine (honest mechanic!) It continued to have trouble shifting and finally decided not to start one day. It needed a new fuel rail and fuel pump. Still had trouble after that and found out it was the computer that caused all of the fuel rail trouble which caused us to need a new fuel pump. OUCH!!!

Love My Venture

SuperChief, 07/14/2002

Bought it new, first minivan; wife loves the Medium Redfire color. Engine is good for the long haul, many trips at constant 70+ mph, never a whimper; transmission a smooth shifter, really good power when you need it. Handles well at all speeds. Has had two recalls on the power door so far, one to fix the door, one to fix the fix. The temp guage says it is overheating and the fans don't seem to come on to combat it, the dealers I have taken it to can't find the cause. Engine takes forever to warm up making the interior cold longer than usual in the winter.

Chevy Ventures RULE!

Bryan, 11/17/2010

Well, the Chevy venture is the best thing I ever spent my money on. I had a lumina apv, it was great when I got it, then got the venture, then got the uplander (hated the uplander). Chevy ventures are the best of the GM minivans. It is great for hauling car loads of people to and from work (I car pool), and just a great van you can have!

Rockin Van

Erik in Harleysville, 08/01/2002

Bought new. Have been pleased. Our first mini van. What a verstile machine. Bought it specifically over the Dodge and Honda. Drives great, nice looking.

12345...15