Used 2000 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

The Kid-Mobile

Dale, 07/07/2009

I purchased this van because I had 3 kids under age 10! We have used it for all the family stuff including vacations to the Grand Canyon & Mt Rushmore. It has carried band members and deer. I plan to keep it for another 47,000 miles!

Be careful

noone, 06/10/2002

My wife and I bought the 2000 WB Venture after downsizing from a Chevy Astro. The only reason for getting rid of the Astro was convience of taking sleeping kids out of car seats in the back. Although we love the dual doors, and power driver side door (when it worked), we found ourselves quite frequently back at the dealership for the power sliding door. When the door didn't work, it would open manually either... Make sure you check that van has had the recalls done. I just traded my Venture for An AWD Astro 2002....Good By Venture....

Black Hole For Money - Run from this van

Former GM Fan, 08/16/2009

We bought this van after a deer totaled our 1996 Lumina sedan. We've owned 5 Chevrolets before this and all performed wonderfully for us.We needed a car immediately after the deer strike for my wife to drive to work and a good looking 2000 van sat in the lot of my home town dealer, so expecting another trouble free Chevy, we bought the Venture. What a mistake! Rebuilt transmission, replaced the infamous intake gasket, replaced the water pump, ABS quit working, headlights fill up with water when it rains, rear a/c quit, interior/exterior/headlights/tail lights go on and off at random, repair shops can't figure out why. Overheats in hills. No more GM vehicles for this former customer ever again

Bought mine NEW!!!

Purchased New, 12/22/2009

Purchased vehicle new and added a 100,000 mile warranty. Glad I did. After 62,000 miles we had to replace the transmission. Great dealer service and no problems with transmission since! Several problems with what felt like transmission shifting problems. Local mechanic replaced the spark plugs and wires and this fixed the problem. Overall it has been a good, reliable vehicle for a young family of 5. Recently the van has had several mechanical faults costing a total of $2500. Now it has started smoking (from where I have NO idea). Will sell soon but have enjoyed the van.

Hit and Miss

Dawn Coley, 06/10/2010

Bought this used from a dealer. Were told the noise from the back when you turned off the engine was the air compressor, yes this has a compressor. Turned out they lied, the shocks had a leak. Have never been able to afford to get these fixed, because other more important parts were needing fixing. One repair after another for the first two years. Since I was broke from all the repairs could not afford a new car. The upkeep and repairs are brutal. Now at 100,000 miles all sorts of stuff breaking down. Keyless entry and locking mechanism stopped working. Gas gauge doesn't work. When it needs repairs very expensive because design of engine area many parts have to come out to repair what is broken.

12345...15