Used 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

A great value

Awesome Car
By niclin

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe

I'm 19 now bought this car after my '89 cutless rusted out. I saw this car at the dealership (in mid 2011) it caught my eye right away so I took for a test drive, liked it, bought it, took it home that same day. I've had it for almost a year right now and I have to say it's a very reliable car to have except the tranny is slipping at 188,000 miles, my driver side seat heater went out, had to replace the front right bearing, and the control arm. When I bought it it still had the original fuel pump so i had to replace that as well. It has great pick up for how heavy and big the car is which is pretty surprising, while getting good gas mileage about 22 city and 28 hwy.

Leather interior, very sporty look and feel, great handling and performance, great space and leg room in the rear, big trunk space for my sports equipment and golf clubs, or for groceries

MoNique the DivaMobile! <3
By Joey

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

I purchased my maroon Monte Carlo in January 2009 from my dad. She had 151,000 on her, and there was a crack in front of the driver's headlight where my dad had kicked her because he is impatient and she cold started on him. The battery cables have been troublesome, but is tolerable. I've put rear brakes, a new intake gasket, a wheel hub, new tires, and a new starter on her, approximately $2300. I only use premium fuel and a bottle of gas treatment with every tank, change the oil every 3000 miles, she has been good to me. Coming up on 188K, and she will accompany me on my move from Indiana back to Michigan. To many more years and miles with my baby!

On the interstate, I get over 30 miles to the gallon from a full size car! The trunk swallows the packing of my best friend he packs A LOT!. Bambi barely scathed her. She feels very planted on the highway. I can sleep in this car, it's big and comfortable! <3

Umm, I don't know, other than the fact that GM killed the Monte Carlo, some cheapness inside, I don't have a sunroof. God I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Kudos Chevrolet! And shame on you for giving up!

Its an ok car
By mellowc

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

Looks unique, but has no guts in it. The 3.4 L model will get you from a to b, but this engine will certainly not win you any races. Nice front seat, but cheap parts have cost me some money. Engine also blew a head gasket, which this engine is known to do; $700. I was looking for a car with some get up and go, this is not it. Its an ok car, but leaves you wanting more.

Excellent car, sorry to see it go
By IL Monte

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe

An incredibly reliable and safe car. I had my 2000 LS until it was totaled in an accident with a semi, but I walked away unharmed. Sorry to see it go, but it kept me safe. In 9 years of ownership, my only real problem was one fouled injector. Another issue but much more minor was having to replace the passenger side power window switch two or three times. Other than that, two new sets of tires and two new sets of brakes due to regular mileage, and no complaints. Regular oil changes, regular maintenance, change the fluids regularly, voluntarily swapped out plugs and voluntary tune-ups. Take care of this car and it will take care of you. Sorry they don't make Montes anymore.