2019 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Comparing new 2019 Corvette Stingray to 2010 one
By R. D.

2019 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/1LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

FYI, I am comparing this 2019 model to my 2010 base model with selective ride control and automatic 6 speed transmission. Its too early to reach final conclusions as to many of the ratings as I only have 60 miles on it so far but here are a few observations. I ordered custom a base 1Lt and mechanically only added the computer assisted Selective Ride Control (SRC) and Automatic 8 speed transmission, similar to my 2010, I did order the newest color the Elkhart Lake Blue with gray seat interior and black painted rims and every Stingray badging offered with the blackened chrome Corvette and Stingray markings, with body colored vent grills. So it looks awesome in those regards. The 1Lt interior has more than enough color LCD dash and console eye candy so its way more complicated looking than the 2010. The nice thing is there are still analog turn knobs for the Radio volume, heater/AC temp, fan speed with conventional push buttons for the vent operation. The stereo is now 9 speaker Bose with a bit of a too much deep base subwoofer flair. All the steering wheel buttons are functional on this base model, nothing is covered off. Interior room is suppose to be identical to the 2010 but due to the fighter cockpit wrap around dash it feels a bit more confined and the new seats do not slide back as far as the 2010 due to their thicker design and side support keeps you from sliding on turns now. I am 6'2" and can fit ok, leg room is good, maybe could use another inch back on the peddles but ok. Interior finish is very nice I will have to drive it more and look at it to reach a final conclusion. Regarding performance, the throttle response is smooth, too smooth in drive its way too easy to get triple digests on what would normally be much lower speed passing maneuver. The paddle shifters are now like the Camaro left pull up to downshift and right pull up to upshift. I like it better not having to remember to use your thumb for upshifting like the 2010. The SRC is a must with the even lower profile tires, in sport mode you can feel the suspension track every contour but not harsh and surprisingly pot holes and RR tracks feel like floating over them with no hard hit bounce. Just like the 2010 but a bit more wheel travel it feels like on this model which is an impovement. I have not used the manual paddle shift much yet but the shift points seem smooth and quick. Since this car has so much more power and torque I am treating it gently for now. More later if I can edit this at a later date. I used my Costco discount and my GM BuyPower points which knocked off $10k from the $63k MSPR as optioned

my vette
By vincent rutigliano

great car

Twice the car...
By Kevin Selbig

2019 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

I recently purchased a 2019 Stingray with the 2LT package, 8-speed auto, dual mode exhaust, glass roof panel, Nav, performance data system, cameras to help with parking, and more. I had a 2000 Corvette coupe that I sold about 4 years ago. I loved that car, but this new Stingray is twice the car the C5 was. It is better in every respect. Looks, interior quality, options, acceleration, and fuel economy. What other car that can do 190 MPH can get 29 MPG on the highway? I got mine in Admiral Blue, with chrome Z51 style wheels and red brake calipers. It has head turning good looks. I have received many unsolicited compliments on it's appearance. It is such an upgrade over my last one. Even when comparing the C6, this one has it beat hands down. About the only thing I would change is to have side bind zone alert. It isn't available on the car at all. We never used to need it, right, but now that I have another car with that feature, I like it and kind of expect it on newer cars. I have only a little over 700 miles on the car so far, but have loved every mile I've driven.

Ceramic Metallic Gray GS
By C W Kearney

2019 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This car gets a lot of stares and nice comments. The GS body, suspension and tires work well together. Loving it and look forward each day to drive it again. Great car and value vs competition.

Blue Streak Stingray
By C W Kearney

2019 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray w/2LT 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 7M)

This car is beautiful, very fast and very comfortable. Admiral Blue Metallic turns a lot of heads. Love the engine and performance exhaust sounds. Well worth owning. Our tenth Vette and there will be more 👍