Used 2010 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Colorado Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Still a great truck after 4 years-minor body rust
By sldl2004

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2010 Colorado since May '14 and it's been a great truck. The best features are the handling and the 5.3L V8, but my overall rating is excellent. I've had some minor issues with the wiring and electronics, but I think that's pretty common with the 1st generation Colorado. I did have to replace the front brake pads/rotors last fall after at 85,000 mi but still on the same battery. I've replaced the tires, had to have the HVAC switch on the air conditioning replaced and fixed 2 broken wires in the ext cab doors (design defect). I did have to replace the 4wd front driveshaft cv joint last winter. My only complaint is the common electrical issues that most of these 1st gen Colorado's have had. The engine is very powerful...especially in a mid-size truck like this one. I can tow 6000 lbs...more than enough to tow my snowmobiles, ATV's, etc. Handles like a car, works like a truck, and she can plow through some pretty heavy snow with the 4-wheel drive (I've never been stuck yet). I have had some body rust issues now after 4 northern NY winters. I had it rustproofed again this spring and I have a rocker panel that's starting to get some surface rust but that's common around here. I probably will have it replaced next spring since I still plan on driving the truck for at least another 3 years. All in all, it's STILL a great truck and I would still recommend it to anyone.

comfortable ride and very quiet
By Lloyd Croskey

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

The quietest vehicle I've ever owned

Excellent in every way but power
By Lloyd C

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it new in 2010. The 2.9 engine is a little small, but great in every other way.

A power house in disguise
By Joseph Mumford

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT3 4dr Extended Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's the fastest truck I've owned. The 4x4 is awesome. Great handling. Do not be fooled by a small truck!

Don't listen to the "experts"--this is a great truck!
By sldl04

2010 Chevrolet Colorado LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 5cyl 4A)

Since I don't need a full-size truck, I moved from a '99 GMC Sierra to the Colorado.
I bought this one used with 45,000 miles and I must say that I love this truck.
I think I have a rare model, since it has the leather option with the LT2 trim level, which usually comes with the LT3 trim.
The best thing that I ended up with in this truck is the optional 5.3L V8.
In a mid-size truck like this one, the power to weight ratio is unbelievable.
300hp and 320 ft/lbs of torque is on tap and I can tow up to 6000 lbs with it.
The experts are idiots--they slammed this truck in their reviews, but on average, the owners have given very high reviews.

I love the 5.3L V8. Test times with this motor is 0-60 in the upper 6 second range, and I believe it. Tons and tons of power and torque on tap. As far as the interior goes, I like the heated leather seats and the compass/temp gauge on the mirror. Visibility in the cab is very good for a smaller truck--it makes me feel like I'm sitting up high even though the truck isn't a full size model. The radio/cd player and 6 speaker system sounds good, although a jack for an mp3 player would have been nice. Center dual-level console between the bucket seats is nice. Push button 4 wheel drive is nice--I don't have to mess around with a lever on the floor anymore. Love the rugged appearance.

The truck has been hammered in reviews for its cheap, plastic interior. Could GM have done better in this dept? Probably. But, I do have a fully-loaded model (power windows, locks, heated power leather seats) so that helps offset the plastic parts. The rear jump seats in the extended cab are tiny--pretty much kids are the only passengers that would feel comfortable on an extended ride. The air conditioning is a disappointment, since the compressor works on a relay/thermostat setup--if you have the controls on high, if the compressor shuts off, it doesn't blow cold air. Supposedly it helps conserve fuel, but I'd rather control the a/c myself. No lighted vanity mirror annoys my wife.