Used 1998 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Reviews

Used Astro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Great for travel

asproule, 02/02/2006
LS 3dr Minivan

I have owned this same vehicle for the past 6.5 years. I have taken it on many long distance trips and found it quite exceptional. It is very comfortable and roomy for kids moving about, and for extra storing.

Could be better

Bertha, 06/30/2006
LS 3dr Minivan

Our '98 Astro seems to always need something fixed. Many of the up-keep has been expensive due to the area of parts on the van. At 115,000 miles, we were told its transmision is on its way out. Great. Would I buy this vehicle again? No way.

astro left behind

r2, 04/06/2004
LS 3dr Minivan

A very reliable people/thing hauler. Great power from the 4.3. The old solid rear leaf spring made the older van a better ride than the current set-up. This van has a lot more rattles than my previous astro. My major concern is that the value loss is so high. You can buy one cheap but, plan to keep it.

Comfort and Size

dave8697, 02/26/2008
LS 3dr Minivan

Original owner for 9.9 years. Have spent a few hundred to fix rear a/c and a few hundred to fix transmission. A rear bearing seal is leaking, the water pump was replaced, and the original battery spit out a terminal. It is easy on tires and brakes and the replacement battery so far. Took on 900 mile trip this month and got over 21 mpg and had room for everything without it being in your way. Interior has held up excellent, except recliner levers. Still solid, quiet, roomy and economical. You don't want to know the resale value unless you are buying a used one.

Costly Van

james, 01/30/2007
LS 3dr Minivan AWD

We have owned an Astro since 1999, bought at 2K miles. We have paid for repair after repair since then. Some of the repairs have been for the same thing over and over. If I were to put together all of the repair reciepts, I think the total might even shock us. Watch out for idler arm problems! Again and again- it's just poorly designed. Also, we've had multiple problems with the electrical system, little motors and switches, etc. In contrast, we also own Toyota products, which haven't needed nearly the amount of expensive and redundant repair. Beware!

12345...6