Used 2011 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

I never thought I would buy a Buick

2left, 11/15/2010

Pros: comfort, ride, quietness, styling, space, utility Cons: gas mileage, needs tighter steering, better visibility out the back. Summary: I had test drove Pilot, MDX, RX350, Sorento, VeraCruz, SantaFe, Highlander, Acadia, Traverse and Edge. For the size, comfort, range, performance, convenience and price, the Enclave stood out among its competiton IMO) - this selection was not only a surprise to me but those who know me as well - particularly since I have been a Honda/Acura person for many years. The Enclave is a very nice car and if I had to do it over again, I would purchase it again.

Good MPG for it's size

kb5868, 05/13/2014

I bought a 2011 Enclave with only 20k miles after my lease was up on my 2012 Infiniti EX35. My Enclave gets a consistent 17 mpg in town compared to 15 mpg for the EX. It is easily twice the size of the Infiniti, the primary reason for not getting another EX lease - no one could fit in the back seat! So, for a vehicle that is nearly as large as my Yukon Denali, I'm fairly impressed with the gas mileage. everyone has their opinions, but I was puzzled by all the comments about how 2-3 mpg was bankrupting people that bought $45k cars and were considering $60k cars with better MPG to make up the difference. Different econ class than I had in high school I guess...LOL!

exceptional

pkirk618, 06/13/2011

Purchased a fully loaded Enclave. Towing, chrome, 20" wheels, DVD rear....and those directional head lights, that's just so damn neat. I've never owned a luxury SUV and well, it's a pleasure to drive. I don't care about mileage as I feel it can't be avoided in something this big. It could be better I suppose, but I expected 20mpg average and that's what I get. Their paint and chrome, especially in the tri-coat diamond enclave is beautiful. The front end, especially with the blue ring in the headlights and waterfall grill compliment each other well. It's what sold my wife on this vehicle. ...and remote start standard? Heck yeah!

Best in It's Class

rvanparys, 06/19/2011

We wanted to move from our minivan to something more compatible with our long NW winters. After many weeks of in depth research we finally decided on a GMC Acadia. The dealership also featured Buicks. After test driving both my wife and I came to the conclusion that the Buick outshown the Acadia in fit and finish and overall quietness and ride. I found the car responsive and while it will never be the first one away from the starting line, it does have the requisite power on demand to pass safely. The ride is exceptional as is the quietness. Both of these were prime concerns for my wife. The interior is well laid out and materials above average. I would highly recommend this car

scary

staugustine1, 08/13/2013

I have had my Buick for about two and a half years now and love just about everything about it. It is comfortable, responsive, hold lots of people and things. My only concern is about six months ago my "service air bag" light came on. So I promptly took it to the dealer where they had it for several days and repaired the faulty piece. While I was there I asked the service tech if the airbags would still work if the light was on and he told me NONE of the airbags would have worked in a crash. The light came back on again today so I am bringing it back to the dealership to have it fixed for a second time. This is not some thing that I find acceptable in a 2 1/2 year old car.

Good and Bad

enclave774, 12/15/2011

The Enclave is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. We got it to drive on highway trips and that's all we use it for. My previous Lexus 350 caused Sacrum pain after long drives. Six weeks in physical therapy at $600+/week definitely makes a few miles per gallon mileage difference a non-issue. If you want a performance vehicle get something else. The Enclave definitely is a land cruiser.

Smooth, roomy cruiser, hit-or-miss reliability

LMR, 09/14/2017
CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving leading competitors (Mazda CL-7/9, Ford Flex, Audi Q/7, etc.) we settled on the Buick for its superior ride quality and capacious size. I'm a car aficionado and this is the nicest riding vehicle I've owned or driven in. We purchased a 1-yr old 2011 CPO vehicle and until late summer 2017 all was well. The only previous issue was a leaky engine gasket covered under warranty. At our 100k mile check we found: broken engine mount, leaky strut, and HVAC stopped cooling turned out to be a cracked rear AC evap core. Online forums show this was a common issue into 2013 models, and repair costs $1,000 - $1,300 for either front or rear. So at 100k miles we've a $3,500 repair tab. The car has been great to date, but as it ages I'm questioning whether or not we too will begin to experience the transmission problems reported on the forums. PROS: Exceptional ride quality, excellent interior room (more actually than my Tahoe), good safety rating, outstanding traction in wet/snowy conditions, great dealer support CONS: adequate but not exceptional power, GM leather seating quickly shows wear compared to other brands (same happened in my Tahoe & those of friends), weight keeps mileage middle of the pack, tight power train packaging complicates maintenance/repairs (over $300 for spark plug change!?!). Time will tell on continued reliability and eventually resale value of our Buick. It's a great family or road trip vehicle, and overall a positive experience. It might not be the type of vehicle you keep beyond 100k miles

Make a mistake going from my Tahoe to this

Anna S, 08/16/2015
CXL1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I gave up my Tahoe to go to this because my two older children had moved out of the house and I did not need such a large vehicle. I intended on keeping this car for many years and giving it my daughter when she started driving. It has been in the shop with so many issues we now intend on trading it in next year and going back to a Tahoe. We have had problems from the motor mount, the drive train, the axle bearings and several other things. Thank goodness we had bought an extended warranty so we have not had much out of pocket cost. The Buick dealership has been very nice and apologetic about all the problems. It is a comfortable car but it is not as comfortable as I feel it should be.

Worst car Ive ever bought

F Sangen, 06/09/2016
CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Ive always bought american cars, that being said, This is the worst car Ive ever owned. Its nice looking and has all the features Ive wanted. The MPG is terrible. The worst thing about this car is its an absolute lemon. The first few months I had it the airbag lights went on. It was in the shop multiple times and they finally had to rewire the airbag system. At 12000 miles the engine light came on and car shut down 4 hours away from home after waiting 5 hours for roadside assistance they towed me an hour away. I got a loaner car and had to leave it up there. It ended up being a bent valve and the head had to be machined. I got it back 3 weeks later after having to drive back up 4 hours to get it. I have a problem with the gas guage that I still have it was back multiple times(they replaced gas tank) and it still does it. It shows 1/4 tank when its empty. Ive had multiple front end components replaced. It runs rough(like a miss) and tach jumps been back multiple times they tell me all the tachs do that. Now charging system is not working replaced battery must be alternator. The car has 52000 miles I bought it in today (thursday )to make appointment. They cant look at it till Wednesday at the soonest, So I dont have a car again. The car is paid off in another 5 months!! So now I dont have a car again. Maybe I should just leave it at dealer. I am a mechanic for railroad and know what Im talking about and dealership is trying to BS me about problems. STAY AWAY

Returning to American made

tomcat7, 02/04/2011

We walked out of an Odyssey and haven't look back. After evaluating about everything we finally settled on the new Enclave. What a pleasant reward at every drive. Right out of the "box" on mixed roads, we got 23.8 mpg. The ride and comfort and goodies compare and for us beat the MB ML, and Lexus GX. The standard warranty is better that the Arcadia and Traverse with a better list of "standard equipment". So far so good, and we could not be happier.

12345...6