Used 2010 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

Read this if your A4 is consuming oil!
By David

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Premium quattro 4dr Wagon AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 2010 A4 wagon in 2016 with just over 74K miles on it. Immediately discovered it was using a quart of oil every 600-800 miles. After doing some research and finding this to be a known issue, I went to my Audi dealership where they conducted an oil consumption test. Previous/cheaper fix had already been applied to no avail. What Audi isn't telling consumers is that within a certain VIN series between roughly 2009 and 2011 the piston rings and pistons are causing the oil burn (2.0T). Audi will fix it for free (new pistons/rings) if you are persistent. Also, only if you have less than 80K miles on the car because that's where they capped the warranty. I love this car. But Audi is no better than any other auto maker when it comes to being up front about recalls until their hand is forced.

Nothing But Problems
By Ykolie

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased a used 2010 audi a4, gorgeous car but underneath nothing but mechanical issues. I’m a realist and understand that these things happen but it’s the response of Audi and Parker Audi that made it worse. Unfortunately my vehicle was plagued with the all too well known oil consumption issue. My car was still under the extended warranty so I could gave gotten the problem diagnosed and hopefully resolved free of charge but my local Audi dealer did not give me any confidence that resolving the oil consumption issue was going to happen. If anyone is in the market for a used Audi a4 do yourself a favor and research audi a4 oil consumption issue extensively before making your purchase and save yourself the headache i went through. I will never touch another audi after this and it’s stemmed from the bad customer service I received from Audi.

A piece of crap!
By Reginald McInnis

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If you are thinking and going to purchase an Audi...BEWARE! This Audi A4 Quattro has nothing short but a daytime nightmare for me. When I purchased this vehicle in April 2014,the car had 57,000 miles on it and the car was good. At 74,000 I found out the oil consumption issue which was an oil separator kit and the dealer fixed it for free. At 77,121 the turbocharger went bad and the dealer replaced the turbocharger that costs $2800.00 which I had to pay. On March 17, 2017 a day in which I will never forget! The car failed to start when I was ready to leave work on one of the coldest days of the year and when the car was towed to the shop the dealer said the engine was no good, the diagnosis was the timing chain jumped a tooth casing damage to the cylinder head, timing chain and tensioner which will cost $6400.00 to fix. This was a major problem Audi knew about and having the consumer pay for it is absurd. I joined a class action lawsuit against Audi of America because I have read different posts about this issue.Audis are great cars to drive but when major problems occur they are nothing but huge money pits!

Audi A Good Value
By Julie Arch

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

A good choice in this price class.

Awesome Audi!!!
By David Holmes

2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a very nice, reliable car. I am truly enjoying the ride.........