Used 2013 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Hitting the sweet spot...
By jfburke619

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looking for a respectable truck that can get around town and hit trail. Some of the amenities are a little outdated and the mileage is less than you want. That said, you want a capable off road vehicle that is comfortable around town with ok mileage then this is it.

Hard to beat Toyota longevity and resale value!
By Redman

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd new and only have two complaints. First the brakes are grabby sometimes at start up during cold weather. I plan on upgrading the brakes with quality drilled and slotted rotors with premium brake pads soon. Second when in 4wd low there is an alarm that goes off the entire time you have 4wd low selected. Very annoying! The truck is very off road capable and in my opinion the off road version rates up there with the Jeep Rubicon! I really love this truck and get a lot of compliments on it. My wife has a 2016 Limited 4runner and the brakes are perfect on it so Toyota has improved them. We have owned several makes and models and have had the best service with Toyota brands! The last four Toyota vehicles we have owned and sold over the years we made money on or got what we paid for them minus basic maintenance costs. We take very good care of our vehicles and have not had any trouble selling our previous used Toyota's! We live in a mountainous area and all the bear hunters use Toyota Tacoma 4wd trucks due to their bullet proof reliability and go any where abilities even with 300k miles on them! Take care of them and they will last! If I could have only one truck it would be a Toyota with out a doubt! We work hard for our money and want a trouble free vehicle that is still worth something in ten years. Toyota has proven to us to be reliable trouble free vehicles especially the Tacoma's and 4Runners!

By theo marks

2013 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great value for the cost, I looked for a truck for months. Most cost to much for a truck; if I wanted all the luxury bells and whistles I would buy a car. This truck fits me for the type of small projects I like doing.

love this truck
By alex

2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Won't ever drive anything else but a Toyota Tacoma or 4 runner again!

Ok truck but noisy
By Anthony

2013 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Nissan Frontier and the tires were bigger and the seats were better and you did not hear a lot of noise from the engine and like the Tacoma the engine has some power on the v-6 model but the Frontier v-6 is more powerful can handle bad weather better but the Tacoma has a better blind spot area than the Frontier both trucks are way over priced the Tacoma is mostly hype from its rich past the truck is made to fast and is poorly engineered Toyota is becoming like GM to big and it hurts when you fall from the top what can make the truck better is bigger tires and correct the engine noise problem and a better braking system this may be my last Tacoma