After one year of Ownership
By imarshallarts on
2012 Toyota Prius c Four 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I waited about a year to write this review, as I feel there is typically a "honeymoon" most new car owners experience. While I will not leave a detailed review, I must point out the most important accolade I can provide is that I would buy another one without hesitation. The car really surprised me. I have owned Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Mercury, Lincoln, Nissan, Volvo, etc. so it is not a brand loyalty thing.
Favorite Features
This car is very well made, comfortable, and roomier than one might expect. It is not a quick car, or a sporty drive, especially in eco mode, but the "power boost" mode is adequate to make one not be a slow poke associated with the Prius drivers. I drive 70% on the freeway and 30% city and my average mileage for the year (20,000 miles) is 48.9 miles to the gallon. My favorite feature is the economy/low emissions and the space in the back. I also think the navigation system is fabulous.
Suggested Improvements
The improvement needed is in visibility. While I don't consider it a safety issue, I do not like the bar across the rear window. I don't think the side visibility is what it should be either. The front headlights have a strange beam spectrum which has a severe top limit cut off. I find myself having to put on the high beams to see well at night. This can be a safety issue and if it is possible to test drive the car at night and check it out, do it! The bottom of the car, especially in the front is low, and scrapes the ground easily.
By whcc90069
on 02/09/13 10:28 AM (PST)

i've been shopping around for a prius C (going to buy one this weekend) and i don't ever recall seeing a "bar across the rear window". also, there's no "power" mode button in these cars. was your review meant for the regular prius?