2007 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
I've had no problems...
By liljohn32 on 07/28/11 18:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm sorry to the people that have had bad luck with this car, but I can't say the same thing. My wife and I bought our car in 2007 and it has about 95000 miles on it now. We have had to replace the tires twice and two of the indoor door handles broke off, but that wasn't the cars fault, that was stupid peoples faults. We just had to put it in the shop and have to have a sensor replaced on the transmission, but besides that, it hasn't given us any problems.

drive lights cause my car to catch on fire
By mgay on 05/25/11 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

on my 2007 forenza the drive lights would not turn off. drove kids to basketball practice and smelled smoke look down and fire was down by my leg. the wire harness had melted and caught on fire!! now car want start. another motoris had to spray fire extinquisher into car to put out fire what a mess !!! but problem is recall for car is not honored what a ripoff!!! i can not keep tires on car thread wear is crazy and air conditioner blows but not cold even though it is full of freon do not buy this car !!!!!!!!!! please anybody know of a recall other than seat belts

Transmission and value
By triniprinces76 on 04/18/11 09:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new back in September 2007. I was desperate for a car, and it was all that I could afford. I should have resorted to taking the city bus! Right around 60,000 the transmission started slipping, and the gears don't go in right away... And if you're fed up of it, bull still making payments, don't try to trade it in. It's worth NOTHING! Lesson learned...I will stick to the cars that have been tested time and time again.

DisSatisfied
By dontbuyforenza on 03/12/11 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It makes me sick to my stomach to read all the reviews on the Suzuki Forenza. It is sad that there are so many problems and no recalls. I have a 2007 Forenza & have had multiple issues. Tires are always in need of balancing, the door handles paint is starting to chip off, oil changes once a month because the oil light comes on and the engine knocks really hard even though there is plenty of oil, now as of yesterday, while I was driving, the trasnmission hit hard and the check engine light came on. The gear indicator flashes with a square with a line through it. I also almost got into an accident. Pep Boys ran the codes and as of many many other Forenza drivers, 7000 & 7005 came up.

Transmission
By lilmama0o7 on 01/02/11 15:30 PM (PST)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought this car in nov '10 and it had 37,000 miles on it and now a month later the transmisson went out when my husband was driving home from work...... The paint on the handles is gone but they are still attached atleast. We noticed the indicator light for the tire pressure was on and so when checking the tires on the car werent the right size but after reading the other posts i can see why. I cant believe i just spent $8000 on a car ((all i had)) to have it break done with such a major issue a month later!

Not bad at first
By curt fletcher on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

If you notice reading all of these reviews, the recent ones are not good. All of the good reviews are from 2006-2007 when the car is fairly new with not a lot of miles on it. Seems like once it hits the 50,000-60,000 mile range is when things start to go pretty rough. Our front door handles broke off quite early, but they replaced them at the dealership no problem. Just recently the transmission has been slipping and has almost caused a few accidents. I've noticed the tires aren't the greatest either, seems like a pretty uncommon tire size, too. Luckily the car is under warranty, so hopefully I can get the transmission problem fixed soon.

I wish I would have known o_O
By Jenny on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wish I would have known that this car is the cheapest car there is! My SIL had this car (2004 version) and I really liked it. I asked about the reliability and heard it was good. Well, the only thing I had wrong with this car so far is the gear change. Knock on wood. That's all. I drove this car from Lawrenceviile, GA to Houston, TX twice (so you get the ideal miles I put on this car). I only now use this car to and from work. The tire pressure is low for some reasons. I get what I paid for. Errgghh.

LMT/CLT
By neo on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To be nice to other buyers here is a few words, don't buy this car! It will break down on you over and over again! I Bought the extended protection plan and the dealership still cheated me after the transmission went out at 28,000 miles! I called Suzuki of America corp. and they told me I had to pay the dealership fee of 600 dollars to replace parts that were supposed to be covered through the warranty! Here is everything that has gone wrong since i bought this car brand new in 2007. Valve cover seal, cooling fan bolts fell out, continuous oil leak from the oil pressure sending unit, shocks and struts worn out, bent rims, intake induction system seal split before 3000 miles, cup holder.

Death Trap
By zmama on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Forenza in 2008. A month later 3 interior door handles broke off. Ever since we bought the car I have had to put air in the tires everyother day or so. Cheap Tires. Low Tire pressure signal constantly. Took car to dealership they replaced doorhandles, let me know about seatbelts, fixed those. About a month ago my transmission started slipping. Me and my daughter are in the vehicle all the time. The transmission trys to slip into another gear. We have almost been in SEVERAL accidents because of this. I say a prayer everytime we get in the car to make it to her school or the store safely. this care is NOT SAFE!!!!!

Junk door handles
By John on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Three of the four interior door handles broke off, but since the chinzy warranty of 3yrs, 36K miles expired they were not covered, so I crazy glued them all back together. Also, paint is peeling off the exterior door handles, and I baby this car, dont drive in snow or ice, and wash and wax often. It's impossible to service the antifreeze, transmission, and drive belts yourself. The car drives ok, but doesnt get as good gas mileage as my 1970 dodge dart, which got close to 30mpg on highway, this one gets 26, and I tune it and maintain it myself.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.