2007 Scion tC Consumer Review: Great car but not for all

2007 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great car but not for all
By buckeyedrifter on

2007 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had to get rid of my TC 2.5 years because of an accident so I figured now would be a good time to write a review. Things I liked: Fun car to drive Great car to learn/relearn manual Very flexible so easy to haul big things Things I didn't like: Not very good in rain/snow Tires wore out too quickly Mileage would go down unless driven on perfect road Bottom line: This is a great car for a small commute and if you want to learn manual. But there are better cars IMO. I bought this car after having a 97 Civic for 9 years and the Civic would drive no differently rain or shine and I always got the same mileage even with my foot all the way down. Tuner parts are expensive too.

Nimble and forgiving when relearning manual. Controls are where you want them and a great car if you're moving every few years as they are flexible to carry many things.

Can't drive aggressively, which is not a problem with the competition. Tires wear out too quickly and very poor performance in the rain and snow, again not something I'm seeing with the competition even without traction control.