2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: Lovin' the TC

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Lovin' the TC
By JT on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for about 2 and half years now. I absolutely love it! The backseat is roomier than my friend's Corolla, the interior and exterior design is refreshing and cute, and the ride is unbelievably smooth and quiet. I still get second glances at my car- -and it's over two years old! I've never had a single problem out of it. The features that are found on the TC are amazing and unrivaled by any other small car (Satellite interface, plenty of aux. ports, 17" rims, power side mirrors, turn signal on side mirrors,etc). The car has some serious pep, the air conditioning works like a charm, and the handling is great! Even the gas mileage is pretty darn decent! Such a great lil car!

Favorite Features

I enjoy the double moon roof/sunroof (though the sunroof can be a little loud). My fiance and friends are in love with the reclining backseats. I love the built-in XM, the extra hidden charging ports, and the fact that you can program the radio screen to greet you when the car turns on.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a back windshield wiper! Also, while the quality of the mechanical and design aspects of the TC are wonderful, the quality of the build is not as great. The paint chips easily, and some of the plastic pieces scratch/bend/pop up just a little too easily. Also, the brakes lock up easily!