2006 Scion tC Consumer Review: Great Looks, Great Value!

2006 Scion tC - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Looks, Great Value!
By martin on

2006 Scion tC 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My tC replaced an 03' Lexus GS 300 and so far has done so without regret. It's standard equipment package, including the more than adequate 160 hp, 163 lb.-ft. 2.4L VVTI engine leaves little room for any "wish you had's" while enjoying the drive. The tC's styling separates the car from it's competitors by offering clean lines and a smart simplicity that turns head's. Other than getting slightly bellow "excellent" fuel economy and a sound system that's so poor it's laughable the Scion tC provided me great value for my dollar as well as that warm feeling we all get when driving something that looks as good as it gets. Do the research and test drives with it's competition and you'll agree.

Favorite Features

The economy, standard equipment and unique styling. This car has great residual values and resale potential. I like that it is manufactured the company that is arguably the most dependable automaker in the world.

Suggested Improvements

Why is the knob for the Pioneer's volume so short? I am constantly adjusting the bass and treble while trying simply to turn up the volume. Move the audio adjustments off of the volume knob and replace sub par speakers and deck amps with something that can at least pretend to keep up with the rest.