Engine Failed, the worst car ever
By mginsc on
2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
This car fit the bill for a single mom who had to shuttle around kids to events, friends, trips, etc. Soon after purchase, I took the car in for repair after the check engine light came on. The timing chain was replaced under a recall. I was told that metal was in my oil because of it. Then my transmission began malfunctioning and it was the transmission control module. Then my power steering went out because of faulty design on the hose. Then oil was leaking into the throttle body so a gasket was replaced. After that final repair, I made it 3 miles down the road and my engine seized. Do not buy this car. I will never buy GM again. Ever.
Favorite Features
The terrible quality of the engine and transmission overshadow any visual attributes of this car.
Suggested Improvements
Recall the entire car. I want my money back. The terrible thing is that GM knows the failures, knows my frustration and financial loss, knows they are partly responsible, yet will not offer to replace my engine or even give me back the $500 I paid for the repair that sent the engine into failure.
By gftodd
on 04/17/14 15:28 PM (PDT)

I have all the same problems and I think it time we get a LAWSUIT and get are cars safe. I can tell you if my son gets hurt in this car someone is going to be sorry!!!!