Used 2007 Saturn ION Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ION model:

Go fly the outer skin.
By Sylvia

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Just don't drive on windy days after 8 years. Gm ambassadors don't return calls and suggest its your fault that their plastic exterior is faulty. It's costing us approximately $800 TO FIX THEIR FAULTY PASTIC EXTERIOR COVERING. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCT.!!!!!!!!

Great Car
By Nick Anderson

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Second Saturn I have owned . The first one wouldn't quit. I gave it to my step son with 250,000 miles and still ran strong. I bought my Saturn Ion Coupe new in 2007. Same reliable service and still own it in 2016. If you take care of a Saturn , it will take care of you.
Most important, where can you get a small sporty car that has a fold down front seat? Can't tell you how many 8ft. boards I have hauled home.

Memphis thang!!!!!
By Bibbles

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love my ion to death. Bought the 07 model in 2010. This vehicle has been there for me in more ways than 1. Still goin strong til this day. I love u my ion. 177,000 miles and we ain't stopping til the wheels fall off...

Worst purchase of my life
By crysania

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2009 with about 32k miles on it. Loved the look of it and it drove great. I had about one year of good driving and then it's been nothing but problem after problem. Wheel bearings, front bushings, AC gone, multiple check engine light problems that result in expensive repairs or a mechanic who can't find the problem as it comes and goes. I've sunk more money into this car in just a handful of years than I did in all the years of owning cars previously.

Love the doors, comfortable ride, good radio.

N/A as this model has been (smartly) discontinued.

Stupid American Car...
By papaclutch

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Used to Hondas and Toyotas. Bought used Ion for my teenage daughter - what a mistake. Clean CarFax, 91,000 seemed to drive fine. Assumed it would be good for her limited driving needs for a few years. Wrong - at just 91K needs ball joints, shocks/struts, and the transmission seems to occasionally slip. Repairs first year are going to be as much as I paid for the car - $3000! In the end I should have just spent $6000 on a good Honda or Toyota. American cars are just bad - especially GM. No American cars for me EVER AGAIN.

None yet.

Just basic mechanical quality. So disappointing that GM has not found a way in decades to make a basic, decent, reliable car. Japanese from now on for me.