2007 Saturn ION Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ION model:
THE BEST
By sunrise7 on 03/27/14 20:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a body shop and have been around many cars.. yes it could add some extra sleek looks but when i bought mine new 10 years ago and 160K later I was looking for something I can depend on.. and this was the car. Best car I have ever owned.

very reliable!!!
By suntan78 on 01/08/14 19:46 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

2.4 has been a great car low maintenance other than the recalls with power steering and fuel pump the car has not had any problems. put gas in and go. owned it since new in 2007 regular maintenance. Only thing I don't have to worry about is my car it always starts and drive anywhere I need it be it a short trip or across Florida. I have the larger motor 2.4 average 24 city and 29 highway. No regrets buying this car most reliable car of my 20 cars I've owned.

Reliable 30 MPG
By 07saturn on 12/15/13 14:13 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

2007 Saturn Ion company car with 163K miles. Drive 75 mph on the highway and get 30 mpg consistently. All electrical works with no problems, leather seats still look good (no rips or tears). Normal repairs with one exception. Exhaust pipe behind motor(flex pipe) is also attached to cat. converter. Over $700 for new pipe with converter at dealer. Front suspension bushings have been replaced twice. Motor runs great, uses no oil. Car is dependable and has not let me down.

Mechanical nightmare
By otis23 on 07/30/13 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After buying the car used 2007 in mid 2011, the head cracked 10 months later for no apparent reason, spewing oil everywhere to a tune of over $2K. Now the front end shakes and vibrates periodically like the car is falling apart, and sounds like a helicopter under the hood at other times. Time to dump it.

2nd Saturn
By jenniferp3 on 02/08/13 16:20 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Saturn that I have owned. I still own the first one. It is 10 years old with 250,000 miles and still going strong. I bought that car young and did not keep up with the maintenance, it has been side swiped, caught on fire and driven cross country twice. Yet, it still lives! I have never put more than a thousand dollars in to it for parts. So of course I bought another one. These are not the most comfortable cars, but for the price that's what you get. My second car has 85,000 miles and is 7 years old and I plan on keeping it for many more years. These are VERY reliable cars

Truckin Along
By huntermcc on 02/05/13 16:26 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have 120k miles on my ion 3 and it's still truckin along just fine. At around 100k I had the infamous power steering glitch, it would go out till you restarted your car but after a week it stopped. Havent had it happen in 20k miles. Just keep up with your maintenance and change the oil every 3-5k and itll last forever. I havent had one thing go wrong since I got it at 65k. I am 6'4" and its not the most comfortable to get in and out of if your a big person, but other than that there is nothing to complain about.

Re-skinned cobalt
By potatomasher on 11/28/12 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Saturn ion sedan for about $6000 with the manual, from private party. As an engineer, I value my Ion. Fun to drive, kinda sporty for compact sedan. Made in Tennessee Comfortable seats Decent fuel economy with the 2.2. I averaged about 27-30 mixed driving. Reliable engine. Easy to work on compared to imports. Two bolts to remove this and that. Nobody I know has a positive thing to say about the styling...however it has composite panels to last on salty Wisconsin roads. This ion won't look like Swiss cheese in 10 years, and believe me, I am tired of working on rusty vehicles. Think of it as a more durable Chevy Cobalt. Have had no problems at all with my Ion.

Terrible car
By spiderrig on 07/19/12 07:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Nothing but bad things with this car. I have 39,000 miles and already have had to replace the power steering, the fuel pump, the sensor on the accelerator (TWICE!), the wiring in the driver door, the back glass (defroster wasn't working). Some wiring in the console was found corroded due to poor connection. The gas mileage has been OK at around 28-29 MPG, but I expected better for such a little car. Also, the rubber seals around the windows are buckled and look terrible. I also had to replace the tires at 27,000 miles for dry rot. The worst car I have ever owned and I'm 40 and have had a more than a few old beat up cars. They all ran better than this one did. I like GM, but hate Saturn.

Excellant first car!
By shannabanana1 on 05/20/12 20:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My dad bought this car for me in 2007. It was brand new when I bought it, and I've driven it rough, to say the least, for the past 5 years. I have never had any serious problems with this car, and have rarely had to do any repairs except for general maintenance. The only real headache I've had with it is that it has ignition problems. The key is sometimes hard to turn and one time the key actually got stuck in the ignition. I had to drive it to a repair shop and let it run out of gas because I could not get the key out. But all in all it cost about $100 to fix and I haven't had problems since. Its built like crap but that's why it made such a good first car.

No frills, A to B car
By danielmchick on 04/16/12 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My father and I cooperatively own an 07 Ion 2; it currently has 72,000 on it and runs as well as you'd expect it to. My main complaint with it? It's cheaply made, and horribly so. The road noise is unbearable, making you turn up the radio loudly enough to distract you on long highway trips (I travel 3+ hours for trips home & back for college). The interior is lacklustre: the seats are unconforming; the dash is made of cheap, low grade plastic, and the gear selector feels like you're going to break it when you depress the button to pull it out of park. I don't recommend this car for long trips, or in-city driving; short highway trips only. The gas mileage is sub-par for a car this size.