2008 Saturn Astra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astra model:
Great Car for the Money
By Fun Car on 02/08/08 14:24 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive and easy on the gas. Since this is made in Europe the build quality and materials used is top notch. If you are looking for a great gas saver this is the car. Tall people need not to worry about head room, I'm 6'1" and have plenty of room. All around this car is a winner in the sport hatchback group.

Astra XR is the Best
By Matt on 02/01/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Astra XR 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have been watching the Astra on the internet for months, just waiting for it to arrive in the US. Two weeks ago I test drove the 2 door w/5 speed. It rocks! Exactly a week later I bought my black/black XR 2 door with 17" tires, heated seats (a must in Pittsburgh) and the premium sound system. After 10 years of driving SUVs I wanted a fun to drive coupe that still had some cargo capacity inside. This is the car. When living in Portugal 10 years ago, I had a Citroen AX, 2 door, 5 speed. This is like a modern version of that car. The fuel economy is great, avg 28mpg in the one week that I have owned it. I love that it is a totally new model, people stop and stare or ask what it is.

The Saturn Astra Rocks
By Ryan K. on 01/04/08 11:38 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Astra XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was selected to "ride & drive" the Astra back in early October I was a little sceptical about how this car would be next to the lackluster Ion I was blown away. This car has all the looks and amenities of a car costing many thousands more, the handling is also phenomonal compared to the Ion. I think Saturn has built a real winner and that they will be a serious contender in the small hatchback segment.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.