2001 Oldsmobile Alero - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Alero model:
Owner
By dubldn42 on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever owned

Brake problems
By Jlab on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years, and I too have had complete brake jobs three times due to warped rotors! We are now getting very close to 36000 miles and are going to sell it because I don't feel comfortable that things won't continue to go wrong after the warranty runs out. A person should not have this many problems with the brakes on a car this old! Its too bad, because otherwise, the car is comfortable to drive and the interior layout is nice. I'm not sure that I would recommend this car to someone.

GL2 is a good car.
By DanAlero FromAlegra on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Been back to dealer only 2 times in 30,00 miles: once to learn again how to flip down the back seat; once to have the driver window fixed, but it fixed itself (twice) before I went in. The brakes sound funny, but they still work OK. (Other reviewers mention brake problems; maybe I'll check 'em.) I didn't need the spoiler, but it looks cool. MPG is between 22 and 28; probably would get 32 at 55 mph.

cool car
By knn on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

it's reliable and good for a first time cheap car. cheap and reliable. I've had no problems with it except a brocken oil sensor and a leak on the door all of which were covered in the warranty

Good Lookin Out
By Big Red Alero on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car for the money. Bought mine used about a month ago and have had no problems since(knock on wood). Was not the first car that caught my eye but once i took the price and standard features into consideration, looked like i was lured, and the bright red really stands out when clean.Looks really sharp from the front but the back could use a little work. Overall i am pleased to be an owner of one of the last oldsmobiles.

Love this car
By Ananuri on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car for the price. I've got mine for over 2 years now, and love it. Yes, I needed to change rotors during the first month (done under warranty, got brand new ones), but after that it has been excellent. Car looks great, V6 is excellent, and with 16-inch alloy weels and wide tires, it has better moves than many other, more expensive vehicles. I don't believe they are closing Oldsmobile.

I love this car!
By carreviewer on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because of the deal offered at the time. Also, because I thought I needed a replacement for my S10 (which now has 166k on it). So I now have 2 vehicles. This car is actually a GL2 which has the sport suspension and Goodyear Eagle RSA tires. This particular model rides and handles very different from other Aleros. There were very few GL2s made.

One big headache
By Stay Clear on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice looking vehicle,but it's one problem after another,and the service is a joke.My vehicle has 24,500 miles and has already has had 3 complete brake jobs due to warped rotors,and has been to the dealer on 12 occasions for other problems.I highly recommend staying clear of this vehicle,unless you want mine!If the later of the two is the case, disregard anything I stated earlier,it's a great car!

Alero Rocks!
By Rickarama on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Handles well, looks good in the driveway. What more can you ask for in car in this class?

Dissatisfied
By Disappointed Buyer on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new and it was the first time that I ever bought an American made car. I have been displeased overall with this car. I have had so many minor issues with this car (leaking sunroof, leaking rear passenger door seal, broken driver's side sun visor clips, sqeaky breaks, fasten seat belts light malufunctioning, just to name a few.) I would encourage any consumer to think think twice about purchasing this vehicle. Did I mention that the Olds line of cars are no longer going to be manufactured?