Used 2008 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Fantastic truck
By osiris32080

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was all about getting a Toyota Tacoma, drove several and liked the raised suspension, but the ride itself wasn't that strong. After I tested a Frontier, I was sold. Off-the-line pickup in this V6 reminds you of a V8. Have yet to tow anything, but have used the bed for hauling heavy furniture and haven't noticed a change in the way it drives. There seems to be a strong dislike of the interior, but in my opinion, its a truck, and I'm not expecting anything fancy. Very fun to drive, and even though I live in a big city, its not too hard to get around. Like previous reviews, the turning radius leaves much to be desired, but overall, I love this truck.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks rugged and is well designed. Best looking small/mid-sized truck. Power generated from the best V6 in its class is second-to-none. Drive a Tacoma, then drive a Frontier, and you will definitely notice the difference in power. Interior is spacious, and have put my parents in the back seats without any complaints from them! The chromed bumpers look great. Tires and rims on the SE V6 model are a good size and look good. My girlfriend drives a BMW, which I love, and I still look forward to driving my Frontier.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if air/heat controls offered more options, and were available for rear passengers. Would love if fog lamps came standard, at least in all V6 models - I am going to have them installed. With the lack of fog lamps, the plastic covers in their place look a little cheesy.

Very nice truck
By army95bravo

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Frontier used with 32,000 miles on it(one owner). The truck is great, turning radius sucks and I wish they included fog lights as standard equipment on the Frontier. I've had Toyota's and Nissan's and both are very reliable trucks. But this time it was all about price. I love this Frontier, the way it rides, the looks of it!

Favorite Features

The power sunroof and shift on the fly 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

Better turning radius and foglights as standard equipment

LOVE this truck!
By toelint

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I ABSOLUTELY love this truck! I have the '08 4.0L V6 4x4 Frontier and think it's a great truck for it's size. I bought it "new" (it had 1 owner before me who bought it from the dealership new, didn't make a payment on it, and had it repossessed 6months after buying it...the truck hit 2k miles on my test drive), and have put 28k miles on it in just the last year and a half. It drives like a car, but can act like a truck. I use it off roads and it's reliable, handles well, and climbs obstacles. On the road, it's quiet, acceleration picks up really quickly, and steering is perfect. Not super tight, but definitely not loose. Turn radius is great and 4WD doesn't compromise it at all.

Favorite Features

Turn radius, 4x4, unitrack anchor systems [and the optional accessories that work with the track system too (ex: Nissan makes a sliding toolbox that mounts to the tracks)], comfortable cab, comfortable ride, and all-around dependable truck.

Suggested Improvements

Some techier standard features. Ex: bluetooth, GPS, etc.

Not happy
By NOT HAPPY

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nice truck but the dash vents awful! I can't get comfortable in this thing! You can't get the air off your face makes eys burn! ! Also when driving on highway and getting to a town you have to turn up fan speed to stay cool! Temperatures are not consistent ! Also on my old Chevy you can blend air between top vents and floor! The Nissan is very limited with what you can do with the ac system !

Favorite Features

runs great rides great

Suggested Improvements

Fix vent system! Chevy has easily got Nissan beat in this area! I'm ready to sell it!

Frontier Review
By Tom

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the truck new and paid much less than sticker. Love the truck but not worth the sticker. Only real complaint is the turning radius is like driving an 18 wheeler. Don't like the plastic bed liners - should of put the NISMO paint in liners as standard. The plastic on the tail gate scratches easy. Acceleration is slow but plenty of V6 power when it kicks in.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, nice power. Love the truck would recommend it.