2005 Mercury Mountaineer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mountaineer model:
First 999 miles
By Jay on 08/10/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The SUV has performed superb, the ride is smooth, transmission is swift, and overall a great investment. Rides and styles as a luxury SUV. The Family Incentives from Ford made this $12,700 investment a no brainer. The vehicles manuvers superb and is easy to park, great view from all angles. The cabin design and adjustable pedals allows for flexibilty and comfort for my wife to drive. Is fun to drive, can wait to take it on the road for a 600 - 700 mile drive. Compares to my BMW 325 on handling and comfort. The Mercury team got this one right on the money.

My 2nd Mountaineer
By Russ on 07/19/05 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Mountaineer is a small step down from the Luxury version that was my 2002 Mountaineer. I have been very pleased with my last one and this one has some trade off I can live with. I went to the Dealer looking to get a Mountaineer or an Explorer. Why would ANYONE buy an Explorer in which Leather seats and the 3rd row seat is an up charge??? Comparable Explorer with Leather and NO 3rd row seat is the same price. Better ride and styling that Explorer. I put 109,000 + on my 2002 with NO mechanical problems. Been through 2 accidents and still going strong at trade in. I look to continue the same with 2005.

Mountie Rules!!
By levismith on 01/22/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Mountaineer. Beautiful, solid, great build quality. My V6 is very smooth and gets 23mpg on the highway. For the price, it is absolutely unbeatable!

LOVE IT!!!!!
By DEBBY EGOLF on 11/11/04 09:27 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'VE HAD MINE FOR 2 YEARS AND PICKED IT OVER THE EXPEDITION - GLAD I DID. I WILL TRADE FOR A NEW ONE IF THIS ONE EVER WEARS OUT. BEST CAR I'VE HAD IN 35 YEARS!

Nice Styling and Quality
By lduke32 on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Mountaineer Convenience Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Mountaineer looks like no other SUV. It's interior is richly appointed for the price. The ride could be smoother and the 4.0 liter smoother but overall it is a solidly made vehicle. I recommend the Mercury Mountaineer