Great Fun
By chuckdee on
2008 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I had been restoring and driving a 1991 BMW M5 and after thousands of $$$, I finally blew the engine. Faced with needing a new Something, ANYTHING, I succumbed to the ads and tried the CX-7, the Speed6 and the Tribute. Even though I'd had three turbocharged Saabs in the past, the turbo lag nearly killed me a couple times, because I thought the thing would have acceleration similar to an m5... duh! Clearly it does not, but it IS fun, totally different looking and certainly fast enough. I've had 15 cars in my life, including 2 Vettes, Saab Turbos, etc. and this is a fun, easy handling SUV. Just don't try to pass an M5 in heavy traffic until you count a heavy turbo-lag 1-2-3!
Favorite Features
Great Bose sound system, rear backup camera, interior very comfy. Great road view. Still has a high shock value, so very different looking.
Suggested Improvements
Navigation system is apparently inhabited by a vindictive robot which that cannot drive past a Chinese restaurant, speak, or understand English or the distinguish the difference between day and night lighting...totally useless, just use my iPhone!