Used 2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific CX-7 model:

CX-7 Sport
By greeko

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my CX-7 in 2011. I am the 3rd owner and I have to say I am really please by the performance and overall quality Mazda put in this model. The turbo acceleration is one of the fastest I have been able to drive on a SUV and having that power ready under the hood provide a feeling of security on the roads (when you need to get out from a spot you have what it needs). I have drove 60K with it and do the maintenance regularly. Does not cost much at Petboys, and never had an issue. I read many post on reliability of this model and I do not understand like them what went wrong with their. I would put that on lack of knowledge of the mechanics who touched their cars.

Favorite Features

Bose system is a must to have. The sound quality is absolutely amazing. The bass are perfectly rendered within the car, and it has been one of the best system I have been able to hear. It is near the Pathfinder Platinum 2014 model a coworker has.

Suggested Improvements

My model does not have bluetooth, neither navigation system. This could be added easily but the way you drive is actually not altered by the lack of this option you know. If I had to deal with Bluetooth I will probably not be as focused on the road as I would be without, so all in all I do not miss this. Though it is available on other models (Touring) for those who cannot drive without.

The Best Sport ZOOM ZOOM SUV
By galmanza

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have it for almost 7 months, and it just work perfectly, until now i didnt found any problem, i just came back from a trip to Las Vegas and the CX-7 was perfect on the road! Gas millage was better than the last time when we do the same thip but in a Ford Edge... we save a lot of money on gas this time! Exellente build quality, exterior and interior design, it just look great! Great Bose sound sytem, sunroof, the CX-7 just run like if you have a sporty car with it 4 cilender turbocharge! In my opinion MAZDA has better quality, realability and designs that Honda and Toyota.

Favorite Features

Designe, ouside and interior. The turbocharge, it just run like a sporty car, you know ZOOM ZOOM

cx-7 lemon
By ralphculver

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The CX-7 is a beautiful and enticing car, especially with all the zoom zoom hipe by Mazda. We have owned the car for over 5 years and have had a series of problems each year. Recently they sent a letter indicating the Air Conditioning compressor might freeze up and need to be replaced. They extended the coverage to 5 years. We had no issue of this failure but delt with tons of other issues. Today the car stopped and left me stranded. The compressor did freeze and the result also ripped out the serpintine belt. I am done with this car and dealing with Mazda, as they said too bad your out of warranty. They knew this was defective and put us in a dangerous position. Shame on MAZDA. DON'T BUY 1.

Favorite Features

Their total lack of compasion and lies about the quality of the car and service.

Suggested Improvements

Develope a Consumer Relations department and actually hire some talent.

VVT Timing Chain Issue?
By houstongfamily

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was driving my Mazda CX-7 on the highway at 65 mph when my car made a loud noise from the engine and had a loss in power. I towed the car to a Mazda dealer where the technician that inspected my car stated the timing chain was missing a pin and caused the engine to break. Therefore my engine needed to be replaced. I replaced my engine at 72K miles which is slightly over the 70K mile service notice that Mazda recently put out for reimbursement from repairs related to the VVT Timing Chain. I hired a lawyer to pursue reimbursement of my engine replacement cost and would like to know if there are more cases of engine failure or repairs around/above 70K miles due to the timing chain.

Mazda is not helping!!
By ebricha

2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've purchased my 07' mazda new, the last few months I've notice a noise coming from my car, my car was sounding loud, had it looked at and more than one person said they didnt hear anything,I have only 59,000 miles on my car. but I knew something was wrong. now come to find out its the VVT after it was inspected by Mazda dealers they also said my bad VVT has caused the timing chain to stretch, and I shouldnt be driving my car. BUT get this they're not going to fix it!! Not until I produce ALL my oil change receipt. Thats almost five years. I dont get it if they know the parts bad, then they should fix it. Plus what about the timing belt? I dont know what to do!!