2005 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )
Luxury Sports Vehicle
By Denise Frias on 08/01/05 22:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the crystalized white metallic with ecru interior. I have compliments on my vehicle daily. Driving this car is like having the luxury of a sedan with the ride of a high end performance vehicle. The hard top convertible and style is what sets it apart from other cars in its class. It comes with Navigation and other options are standard with this vehicle. The competitors in the same class list prices that are much higher and only come with a basic package. I strongly recommend this car to anyone in the market for a high end sports car who appreciate more car for their dollar.

Good stuff
By JHLohnes on 07/30/05 04:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The quality of the experience is in the ability to easily hold a normal volume conversation going 65 mph with the top down. Interestingly, women in particular love the design. Having owned the prior SC400, I've gotten many comments from people I know and many I don't, about how they like the style. 75% have been women. It is a tightly engineered, refined use of power.

Super Car
By John on 07/23/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding car - best I have owned or even driven. Handling is excellent, contrary to some of the commentators. Good value for the type of car. Any real comparables are much more expensive and not as good quality.

Beautiful, but if you have kids, no way!
By Alexandra on 07/18/05 13:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful car. Read some reviews before I leased it, from Edmunds that stated there was plenty of room for children. I have a 2 and 3 year old and well, there just isn't any room. Just wanted to clarify that online, if you have kids, and expect them to drive in this car, you're in la la land.

Lexus SC 430
By willson on 07/10/05 11:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle draws a lot of attention with its great interior and beautiful design. The performance is smooth.

The best car I have drive so far..
By darlene wooten on 07/05/05 12:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the BMW 330Ci and this car by far outshines the BMW..The comfort, the sleek style and pure luxory that you obtain with this car is incredible..I am 44 and have a twin sister..We bought matching 430sc's..We love them!! And, they creat quite a statement!!

BEST DANG CAR I'VE OWNED!
By myfirstlexus on 06/26/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This has to be one of the most luxurious vehicles I've ever been in let alone owned. Fast mover, head turner and a perfect fit for a female (all the controls are really at arms reach.) I see ppl complaining about no back seat. I believe it wasn't made for ppl to sit back there, but for lower insurance premiums by technically being a 4 seater. Bentley has a new model out with the same "issue", that I can assure you they will not be addressing. It's done on purpose. Sure has more room than a SLK which has no space behind the seats.

Total Class
By eric on 06/11/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is simply the best car I have ever had. It rides beautifully, the levinson stereo is amazing, the new wheels are much improved, and retracting the roof is quick, simple push of a button. The interior is absolutely gorgeous.

lexuslover
By momota on 06/06/05 19:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Despite some saying the back seat is useless, I find it perfect for storage ... golf clubs fit, groceries, small travel bags, etc. This is in addition to extra space in the trunk even with the top retracted. I find it has more room than the z3, z4, audi tt, mercedes slk, etc. Also it has absolutely THE BEST stereo. And it is tons of fun to drive in luxury!

Fun in the Sun
By George Pannell on 06/04/05 11:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle we have ever owned,married 37 years and we have owned quite a few! Living in Las Vegas provides the enjoyment of maximum use of a convertible that turns heads with unbelievable performance and Luxury. We are approaching retirement and this is a keeper along with our RX 330. Couldn't be more satisfied with this beautiful automobile.