2014 Kia Forte Consumer Review: 2014 Kia Forte EX is a winner!

2014 Kia Forte - Consumer Review

2014 Kia Forte EX is a winner!
By fedora1953 on

2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The new 2014 Kia Forte EX is leaps and bounds ahead of the previous models. Although it has the same 2.0L engine as the previous year, they switched to a GDI injection system which is gives better efficiency, upping it from 156 HP to 173 HP, yet manages the same MPG. If you leave it on the default ECO setting, it feels sluggish if you try to push it some. It's trying to save you gas. But if you turn ECO off, the sluggishness goes away, but so will your better mileage. The new Forte EX is quieter. It rides better. The new Forte has the Elantra chassis with the same wheelbase, and curb to curb radius. It has the same 6 speed transmission, but a more powerful engine.

The rear view camera, in conjunction with the side view mirrors, makes backing into a parking space a lot easier. The new interior doesn't look cheap. The steering wheel, shifter and armrests are all leather covered. The upholstery is more attractive. I think it looks classy. I haven't found a discernible blind spot in the car. The projection headlights are a real improvement that I didn't know I wanted or even needed. The styling is absolutely outstanding. My car is Steel Blue. I love the color.

The one gripe I have, is the lack of a spare tire. The Forte doesn't come with a donut. It has a flat tire kit. Most cars come with a donut spare. They are worthless, and most often misused. I'd really like to see the return of actual spare tires in new cars. When I get the extra cash, I will find a rim for it and mount a new tire on it, so I'll have a great spare. I did that for the last two cars I owned.