2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Would've never thought it

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Consumer Review

XLT Crew Cab Pickup (4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed)

Would've never thought it
By rd2007 on

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Ford hater and never would have considered buying one. I was initially looking at the Avalanche and while reading reviews I noticed some positive ones for the SportTrac. I went to the dealership and was also looking at the Expedition, but they could not get me the numbers I wanted so I decided to try out the SportTrac. I took a drive in it and was amazed at how well it drove. It's quiet, smooth, and the V-8 has plenty of go in it. So far I have had it for two months and it's been perfect. My mileage has been about 15-16 overall, but that is mostly because I tend to have a little fun now and then. It's the same mileage my CX-7 got and that thing didn't have anywhere near the room.

Favorite Features

V-8, tires, smooth suspension, rugged yet sophisticated looks.

Suggested Improvements

There's a little bit of creaking, some of the plastic is cheap looking, and the cover for the bed should not be that expensive. I was thinking it would be about the same price as the option on the sticker, but it was almost double the cost.