Escape to a Minnesota Winter
By Minnesota Mark on
2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I purchased the Escape Hybrid AWD for two reasons - exhaust emissions and fuel economy. I will assume the emissions are meeting my expectations. The fuel economy? Nowhere near the ratings of 33/29 for city/highway. During this mild Minnesota winter I am only getting around 23 mpg. Granted itÂ’s better than the 16 mpg I got in the winter with my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ, but the Hybrid is much less of a vehicle than the Trailblazer. I will say that the Escape with its front-wheel drive tracks better in snow than the Trailblazer. For my first hybrid vehicle the Escape is adequate.
Favorite Features
The navigation system has come in handy on a couple of occasions, although some of its recommended routes leave a lot to be desired - adding an extra 50 miles to a 100 mile trip.
Suggested Improvements
I was misled to believe the Escape Hybrid had daytime running lamps. It does not. Other features I would like to see added: outdoor thermometer, auto dimming rear view mirror, radio controls for electronic devices, e.g., garage door opener, better placement of seat heater control.