2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Good strong truck
By Santa on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my truck new with the Cummins diesel. It pulls my 32 ft fifth wheel easily. I get 17 around town and 22 0n the hwy. Pulling the trailer I get 9 to 12 MPG. Does wonder and good power. Transmission worked on once for rebuild at 60,000 and sensors at 135,000. Love driving it cross country.

Miss my 02 Dodge Ram
By E_HILLMAN on 02/15/10 06:27 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I loved my 02 Dodge Ram but traded it in January 2007 for a new one. The new models indeed have more power but it was not needed. I towed and hauled to the MFG limits of the trucks and never had an issue. The 02 Ram had a better stance and a firmer suspension for heavy duty use off road and on, thus allowing me to go over the payload limits all the time and never notice a difference. Many days my truck ran with 3,000lbs in the bed and a 900lb snow plos on the front. GREAT TRUCK! VERY TOUGH! If you get a Dodge and can choose always go for the stick shift. ;-)

Dodge Ram High Output
By NVDodge on 01/06/06 00:26 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck brand new and four years later it has only been back to the dealer once, unlike my 97 GMC which was at the dealer almost every other month I owned it. The front seats are very comfortable but the back seats are too small for adults except for short trips. Fuel mileage is great for a 7,000 lb truck: 17-18 city and 19-23 highway. A fuel pressure gauge needs to be installed on these trucks as the fuel transfer pumps fail and you may not even know it until it takes out the expensive injector pump. The front track bar wears out quickly and the truck wanders badly if its not replaced. Fortunately there are aftermarket fixes for these problems. Very happy with my truck!

DODGE 2500
By RTC on 10/05/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

My wife and I wanted the looks of a Dodge Ram. I wanted the economy and pulling power of a diesel. I get about 22 miles/gallon on interstate empty and get 13 mpg pulling an 8500 lbs 5th wheel camper at posted speeds.

Tuff truck
By john mac donald on 03/16/05 02:13 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first Dodge truck. I always had Fords. After driving a diesel through the hills of upstate New York, I will never go back to gas motors. It has 69,000 miles on it and only had one problem with it the windsheild. Had a water leak. So far it's been tough.

The Best Truck
By western6 on 12/08/04 16:23 PM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I had a chevy hd with nothing but problems, Thia Dodge is the best truck ever built.

Great Truck But
By inandout on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I Had the transmission go out at 36,000 the the truck has 55,000 on it now and have not had any I mean any other Problems with it. That is somthing I can not say for my '97 GMC 350 3/4 ton 4x4 I had too many things to list that whent wrong with it and this is coming from a person that in the past would only buy a GM. I love My 2002 3/4 ton Dodge Ram 4x4 with the 5.9 Turbo Diesel.

good truck
By inandout on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

The Diesel gets about 14 in town and 19 on the road. The auto trans whent out at 36,000 I am not very confident in the trans but for now it seems to be fine at 56,000. The paint chips very easy and scraches easy. other than that if You want to gamble with Doges Transmissions it,s a great truck.

Reggie Dodge
By reggiedodge on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I love the fuel economy 21 to 22 highway, 19 around home. Pulls 5th wheel campers (11,000 lbs) with no troubles. Starts good in cold temperature down to 10 degrees easily with out the block heater with synethic oil. My wife loves it and she bought it.

An Excellent Truck
By lil mick on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (5.9L 8cyl 5M)

I Love It(except 4 the Gas Mileage It has 4.10's and gets 12 to 13 mpg.)