Temperature Sensor Problem
By dodgeowner44 on
2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I purchased a new 2013 Dart one month ago and I have had to take it back to the dealership 4 times now for a check engine light/temperature sensor problem. They tell me Chrysler can't fix the problem and not to bring it back if and when the check engine light comes on again for the 5th time. It appears to be an engine design flaw for cold weather climates in my opinion. Tyson Motor in Shorewood, IL is where I purchased the vehicle. I was a loyal Dodge owner until now. This is my 6th new Dodge vehicle that I have owned. I expected better customer service.
Favorite Features
8.4inch touchscreen multi-media and remote start. However, remote start will not work if check engine light is on.
Suggested Improvements
Seats need to be more comfortable. Engine issue with regard to temperature sensors needs to be fixed.
By dodgeowner44
on 01/31/13 16:32 PM (PST)

Just a follow-up...the check engine light just came on for the 5th time. Temperature is 10 degrees out. Vehicle has been parked outside all day. Five minutes into drive home, the light came on. Now don't know what to do since the dealership doesn't want me to bring it back in. I can't clear the fault code so the remote start will not work now. Dealing with Chrysler directly on it now...waiting to see if they will make things right.

By gunwaleman
on 02/09/13 16:53 PM (PST)

If your state has the lemon law, keep records. I used it once with GM and got $2000 back for poor designed brake rotors on the HHR.Seems to me that this might be a situation that could be covered. A lemon law lawyer would let you know and they make their money from the car companies, not you.