Used 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab
By Sean

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab last year 1/2005. I have had both shocks replaced, it has been realigned 5 times, I have had it stall numerous times at a stop lights, problems with the transmission (torque converter, valve body and front pump just replaced 38000 miles) and the EGR valve. It has a horrible ride to it and it is getting worse. I am very dissappointed with this vehicle and will never ever by another Dodge or American made vehicle.

Favorite Features

Engine, nothing else

Suggested Improvements

It would be a good idea for the engineers at Dodge to start over and redesign this poor excuse of a truck. I think they need focus on quality instead of how cheap they can make it.

2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 SLT Quad Cab
By JCH

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

40000 miles. Original Goodyears gone, new Michelin LTA's should last longer. 8 oil changes and regular maintenance never let me down off road/on hwy/anywhere. Expecting 160,000 miles out of it before trading up. Would buy it again and would recommend it. Has good road manners. Gas mileage averages 18-19 miles-per-us- gallon. I do mostly highway driving.

Favorite Features

V-8 torque and sound. Rear seat room actually fits adults. Can carry about a half yard in the box. Smooth ride on the highway

Suggested Improvements

More aftermarket/factory accessories Engine oil drain plug location. I installed a Fumoto oil drain valve. Original tires had poor life

Awesome Truck and Great Value
By CHIEFZUSAF

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My brother and I looked for new pick up trucks for a few weeks when we came across our 2005 Quad Cab Laramie V-8 Dakotas. The dealer had a few left over '05s and they were fully loaded (except 4WD). We both purchased one each and the trucks are identical even down to the VIN minus the last digit. This truck has been one of the best vehicles I have owned. It is great looking in and out, has a very solid feel when driving with positive steering response , very good accelaration and stopping characteristics. The fuel economy is better than expected and over all we are both very happy with our trucks and would buy one again or highly recommend one to a friend or family.

2005 Dakota Q Cab
By hasel

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Other than a little cabin noise have found this vehicle sound and comfortable. Gas mileage I feel is OK.

Favorite Features

Leather bucket seats,

Suggested Improvements

Take the wind noise out of the cabin

Move over Toyota, Dodge Dakota is back..
By david autry

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a '96 Dakota with 189,000 miles. Dodge has been good to me, no trouble with ownership. 2005 Dakota is comfortably roomy and has power to move. Mileage on highway is 22.5. Love the design on the inside. It is bigger than the Tacoma. Love the satellite radio. 5 star crash test rating.

Favorite Features

Love the power seat. Room on the inside. Comfort, power, and mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Make a longbed