2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
2005 Dodge Dakota
By NICK on 06/03/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Plenty of room on the inside. More room than the competition, especially in the back seat. This truck is amazing. I have the 3.7 V6 automatic 4x4 and it has great power and sound. It drives like a car. The interior is my favorite, very comfortable, quiet, and smooth. I rate it altogether a 9/10.

Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4.7L
By CRay on 05/22/05 02:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had the 05 Dakota for month. Except for the headrest, I love the seats. I have the power driver's seat. Interior space is very good. However, the interior has too much of what appears to be low grade plastic including the door handles. The cup holders in the floor console is a joke and does not hold cups. Didn't find this out until after I purchased.

Satisfaction
By Mike Hoffman on 05/20/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Impressed with the ride and handling. Researched several other new trucks and this seemed to be the best quality for the buck. Almost got the Ram 1500 but didn't need the size. Have no regrets about buying this truck. Will keep for a long time.

A truck for all around use
By Lisco on 05/16/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Dakota Quad Cab I have owned. Have also owned F-150 and Tundra Double Cabs. Previous Dakota Quad Cab with V-8 5-speed auto with a tonneau cover averaged a tad over 20 mpg on trips, this one with only 2,000 miles, V-8 4x4 managed 19.4 mpg on a recent out of state trip. Handles well, steering is nice, and road noise is acceptable. City driving is much like driving a full size car, and parking in tight spaces is no longer the chore the larger trucks were. A 4x2 with limited slip is a bit quieter and smoother but the 4x4 does offer a more well rounded vehicle.

I love it
By jetbatt on 04/29/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I actually have the 4.7L V8. Front and rear comfort is exceptional for a mid-size truck. I have noticed that the mid-size trucks of today are the the full-size trucks of a decade ago. Cup holders galore! Nice beefy suspension with a smooth ride. Dodge has the best Red!

Awsome Truck
By Steve Suhrbier on 04/26/05 02:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I opted for the 4.7 L. V-8. The power is tremendous. All the big truck qualities in a mid-size truck. Very comfortable ride. It will tow 7000 lbs. Gas mileage is the only downfall for the 4.7. Overall, the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Kudos to Glendale Dodge in California. No hassle, no haggle, no grinding. Just sold me the truck for the price I wanted.

Upgrade
By Marcus on 04/12/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a very good mid-size truck that provides all the power and hauling capacity most people need. A definite upgrade in ride, noise and comfort over the previous model. Looks take a while to get used to. Wish the 4x4 sat a little higher and looked different than the 4x2.

Easy on the eyes, not bad on gas
By bill on 04/06/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Fun to look at and drive. The envy of all my friends who own trucks. Getting about 16.0mpg in the city. Only complaint is that the engine sometimes feels like it "lags". In other words through the mid gears you dont feel like you have alot of power on hand. Plenty of room on the inside. More than the competition.

Dodge needs to rethink
By Tom on 03/18/05 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I purchased this truck I had visions of the continued performance and reliability I had experienced with my 2000 model Dakota Quad. Boy was I in for a suprise! The speedometer sticks, the steering & brake pedal squeak, the LCD of the radio is so dim it is almost impossible to read with sunglasses on during the day. The drink holder is located so far under the dash that anything larger than a 12oz. can will not fit. The 6 cyl. engine has reasonable power, but the transmission needs to be a 5 speed. The truck looks great, but the designers need to rework the interior, and the workmanship has fallen on hard times compared to the 2000 model I traded in. I am very disappointed.

2005 Dokota
By Bill O on 03/13/05 15:34 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought My 2005 Dokota to replace a full size crew cab. It took a little adjustment to get use to smalled cab size because I am a big man. Only to be expected. I have adjusted and have found it to be comfortable. I live in a bad weather area so I got it with all wheel & 4 wheel drive which have worked great this winter. I also got the V8 & Tow package because I have a 5000 LB. boat. I pulled it 600 miles thru mountainous country. Seemed to handle it well.