2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
I like it despite a sometimes jerky tran
By dodgeman on 12/16/09 09:23 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought mine new. Love the look once i changed the wheels and tires out. The interior room is great. Only problem / complaint is with the transmission. Since 36K miles this trunk will from time to time jerk shifting from 1st to second. Comes and goes. Was worried at first but now with 77K miles not so worried. It is a guys truck. I like it.

Unsafe to tow with
By michaellrar on 04/27/08 13:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this truck a year before I purchased the travel trailer I was going to pull behind it. Only made one trip with 24 foot travel trailer before parking the truck. Traveled from Little Rock, AR to Pigeon Forge, TN and back summer of 2006. It was the white knuckled trip from hell. The transmission and engine acted up the whole time I was pulling the trailer. Truck is rated for 7050 lbs and my trailer was 4000 lbs dry and 5100 lbs wet and loaded. Took it to the dealer 4 times to get it repaired. Each time they said there is nothing they could do. The 2008 model has the same engine but it is beefed up with more HP and torque but same towing limits. Hummm!

Disappointed
By GDC on 05/14/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle new. This is my third Dakota. This model is a big disappointment. The fuel tank had problems venting. This required several trips to dealer to repair. They finally replaced the tank. Two tires blown at low speed. The speedometer sticks when cold. Battery died with barely 20 months This unit has been in the shop for weeks during its many repair activities. This product has turned me away from considering any new Daimler or Chrysler products in the future due to the pathetic quality and service.

2005 Dakota Rocks
By paints98 on 02/02/05 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third brand new Dodge Dakota I have owned in the last year. All three were bought brand new, the 2005 is by far the best of them all! It rides better, looks better and the new design is really awesome. I had some kinda of trouble with both of the 2004's, all minor in nature, but NONE with my 2005. The ride is really smooth, it handles great! I also like the head rests added to the back seats, for added safety. My first 2004 Dakota was totalled in a wreck when a lady crossed the center line & hit me, so I can really appreciate the added safety features.

Dodge
By Robert J. Darragh on 11/28/04 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When you sit inside you feel like your in a full size truck. The ride is great,and it handles very good.This is a great truck.The 4 doors are great, the back seats are great.The price of the full size trucks just shocked me when I was looking to buy. This listed for 23949.00 and I bought it for 21214.00 I paid that 10 years ago for a F-150 4x4 XL with no A/C. THE PRICE IS RIGHT compare to other trucks this size. And for a 4x2 It looks like a 4x4